Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

(Sob) He's in. Now what?

He's in. Now what?
    by Sara Sedlacek · March 26, 2008

*editor's note: Due to the sensitive nature of the subject's resident status in the United States, his real name will not be used.

After only a few long weeks of waiting, Otto has received the good news: He got accepted into the University of Iowa. Not only was he accepted but he was accepted into the University of Iowa College of Engineering. Otto chose not to apply to the College of Engineering, even though that’s the degree he plans to seek, because his ACT score did not meet the minimum requirement for acceptance into the college. He originally applied to the university’s computer science program and planned to keep his grades up and apply later on to the College of Engineering. One phone call changed that.

“After the first article was published, I got a phone call from a woman from the engineering department,â€
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

My daughter had to take out loans that she repaid to make it thru college.....and we are AMERICANS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why do they get a free ride?
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The ONE word "undocumented" says it ALL!

[quote]"The way tuition is assessed for students is the same, undocumented or a citizen," she said. "It is assessed based on how students respond to certain questions like where they live, where their parents live or where they work. If an undocumented student lives in Illinois, they will pay out-of-state tuition. If an undocumented student lives in West Liberty, then in-state tuition will be assessed."

One question that is not asked is what the student's immigrant status is. /end quote

It seems it should be illegal for schools to offer in-state tution without verifying citizenship. It's Iowa tax dollars - subsidizing college for an illegal alien. And IA is not a state that offers this. They need to change the way they admit their students!!! I think I will send this article to the Governor of Iowa.

He would be eligible for the Advantage Iowa Scholarship based on the merit portion of the scholarship but not on the financial need portion," Seyfer said. "We look at his involvement in things like Upward Bound, ethnicity and socio-economic status and then, based on academic criteria, determine if he is eligible."
    If he is not eligible for the financial portion, why do they need to know his "socio-economic status"? They can ask about race, but not legal status?!?! Outrageous! This got in based on his being hispanic, NOT his grades!

Hey! Maybe everyone should mark "hispanic" on their college applications!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Where's the story on poor little Alisa . . . the legal, tax paying, American adult who is having to pay for college and does not qualify for ANYTHING and she, along with her husband and two young kids . . . ARE BARELY GETTING BY !!!!!!!!!!!!

I am outraged!!!!!!!!!!
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

Why does not Otto go home to his beloved Mexico and apply to colleges in that country. Mexico has some fine universities and he should be able to get in for free since he is a Mexican Citizen.

Just stay out of our universities and colleges as every illegal that is admitted takes a spot away from a more deserving American Citizen who's parents had to struggle, pay taxes and otherwise play by the rules.

This is another SOB story designed to tug at the heart strings of Americans so they will vote for amnesty for all these law breakers. Sorry, I have no sympathy for Otto or anyone like him.

Also,

[quote]After the first article was published, I got a phone call from a woman from the engineering department,â€

[quote="NoBueno"]Why does not Otto go home to his beloved Mexico and apply to colleges in that country. Mexico has some fine universities and he should be able to get in for free since he is a Mexican Citizen.

Just stay out of our universities and colleges as every illegal that is admitted takes a spot away from a more deserving American Citizen who's parents had to struggle, pay taxes and otherwise play by the rules.

This is another SOB story designed to tug at the heart strings of Americans so they will vote for amnesty for all these law breakers. Sorry, I have no sympathy for Otto or anyone like him.

Also,

[quote]After the first article was published, I got a phone call from a woman from the engineering department,â€
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I just sent this to all of the Iowan representatives and to Nancy Pelosi with a personal note saying "once again my kids are forgotten and no doubt they will be when applying for the same type job. We need the SAVE ACT NOW and we need it enforced."

[quote="butterbean"][quote="NoBueno"]Why does not Otto go home to his beloved Mexico and apply to colleges in that country. Mexico has some fine universities and he should be able to get in for free since he is a Mexican Citizen.

Also,

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast