Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Some non-citizens and illegal immigrants are registered to vote in N.Y., election off

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Some non-citizens and illegal immigrants are registered to vote in N.Y., election off

Some non-citizens and illegal immigrants are registered to vote in N.Y., election officials say

"The state automatically registers them to vote unless they check a small box saying that no, they don’t want to get registered to vote,” says the Suffolk County elections commissioner.

By Nicholas Ballasy
    Updated: September 10, 2020 - 11:34pm

Todd Valentine, New York Board of Elections co-executive director, and Nick LaLota, Suffolk County elections commissioner, said some non-citizens and illegal immigrants incorrectly get registered to vote in the state of New York.

New York Republican Rep. Lee Zeldin said he's aware of some non-citizens in Suffolk County who voted in previous elections. During a mail-in voting discussion organized by House Administration Committee ranking member Rodney Davis, Zeldin asked how to prevent this situation from happening.

"We don't have the proper amount of rules and laws and regulations to fetter out that sort of nefarious activity," LaLota said.

LaLota explained that undocumented immigrants are able to apply for driver's licenses in the state, which makes it easier for them to mistakenly become registered eligible voters.

"The state automatically registers them to vote unless they check a small box saying that no, they don't want to get registered to vote," LaLota said. "I would presume some of that happens intentionally, probably a larger amount happens unintentionally, but whatever the case is, the end result is a large amount of folks who are not in our country legally getting put on the rolls."

According to the New York DMV website, "the DMV does not approve or deny voter registration applications," but they "send the application to the County or City Board of Elections for their review."

LaLota said his ability to find and remove non-citizens from voter files on the county level was constrained. "I don't have any tools," he said. "I'm not allowed to, as an elections commissioner, ask anybody from the U.S. Department of State or anybody else, who has citizenship, who has a Social Security number or anything else, so I have no tools here, congressman."

Todd Valentine, New York Board of Elections co-executive director, said some non-citizens get incorrectly registered at the DMV due to the automatic voter registration system.

"If any voter comes in and checks that they are not a citizen, they don't get to the voter registration application," Valentine said.

"If they don't check the box, and say they are a citizen," he added, "it is going to go through and get that [voter] application and just as you pointed out, it's very difficult in the back end because there is no list of citizens that's ever been given to any state or county across the entire country."

Valentine said some states have asked the federal government for a list of citizens to help them locate ineligible registered voters, such as non-citizens, but they have been denied.

"Right now, we're reliant solely upon the voter to check the appropriate box on the application that yes, I am a citizen, and if they don't check the box — 'Hey, you forgot' — it's an incomplete application — that's the one good thing DMV does," he said.

Valentine explained that the current system relies on the honesty of non-citizens and illegal immigrants to indicate that they aren't citizens during the voter registration process at the DMV.

"It's very difficult, if there's no other way to validate that in any manner," he said.

In response to the statements from election officials, Zeldin said he wants every eligible voter to vote, but ineligible individuals should not be voting.

https://justthenews.com/politics-pol...te-ny-election

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

DMV has no business registering any one to vote. This needs to end now and those voter rolls need to be cleaned up!

DMV has no business awarding illegal aliens Drivers Licenses to drive on our roads. It is a privilege to drive in this country, not a right. Illegal aliens need to be deported, not awarded OUR benefits and privileges. They are aiding and abetting illegal aliens and breaking our Federal Immigration Laws. They need to be prosecuted for this and removed from their jobs.

The Registrar of Voters Office should be registering people to vote. Bring the proper documents, get vetted, and approved. We have so many fake birth certificates and documents now and DMV is not the proper department to authenticate these documents.
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

I had to go thru loops when I applied for a Drivers License here in Nev when I moved here from Calif in 2006....Had to prove how my name changed (marriage) etc...Presented a Passport so I was good...Stupid how easy it is now!!!!!!
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by grandmasmad View Post
    I had to go thru loops when I applied for a Drivers License here in Nev when I moved here from Calif in 2006....Had to prove how my name changed (marriage) etc...Presented a Passport so I was good...Stupid how easy it is now!!!!!!

Me too. I take my whole file box now and put it in my trunk!

DMV cannot vet any of these documents from these illegal aliens...all liars with FAKE documents!

They have no right to be given a Government issued Drivers License and Trump needs to sign an EO to deem them all Null & Void.

They get pulled over, impound the vehicle, and deport them on the spot. Then go round up their whole family and get them OUT of here!
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn