Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Some people are misunderstanding what Trump is saying

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Some people are misunderstanding what Trump is saying

I recently heard someone say Trump is stupid for using the term "Bigly", as it makes him sound like he has a double digit IQ and is too dumb to become president. The thing is, he's not saying Bigly, he's saying Big League. In watching his speeches, I've heard him use the term big league a lot. Apparently some people are mishearing that as Bigly, and thinking he's a dummy for saying it. Here is an example of him using the term Big League http://www.newsmax.com/Politics/Trum.../20/id/729852/

P.S. When I was a little kid, Big League chew bubble gum was a favorite of mine, so I'm very familiar with that term, big league.

Thank you for pointing that out, Searcher932!. I've never heard him say Bigly, but I've heard him say Big League a lot. I think a nasty dishonest reporter just took a liberty to try to make fun of Trump, much the way they did with his "Yuuuuge", when I hear him say Huge, not "Yuuuge".
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

judy they can say what they want about trump as he said you don't know me very well & he right

No, Trump is definitely not a man of letters. If we are going to wait around for another Abraham Lincoln, we'll never get anything done. On the other hand he is a very compelling public speaker, with a little coaching, he could be more articulate. But better he is able communicate what he is thinking than he lose his train of thought trying to be more erudite.

Gingrich, the VP Trump candidate, is the precise opposite. Better educated, better spoken, generally he has absolutely nothing to say, or says absolutely nothing, you decide. A perfect VP choice.
    Support ALIPAC'sFIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

What's the problem? Bigly is perfectly cromulent.

Adverb. (comparative more bigly, superlative most bigly) (now rare) Strongly, with great force. (now rare) In a blustering or boastful manner; haughtily.

Bigly dictionary definition | bigly defined - YourDictionary

www.yourdictionary.com/biglyyourDictionary.com

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Interesting, I was not aware this was a word listed in the dictionary. Guess with it being a word rarely ever used these days, not surprised people are insulting someone who they think is using it(even though that isn't what he's saying).