Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Speculation on Ron Paul

I found this article. At the end it is speculating that Paul will drop out. I hope it's not true, but added to the other link that was posted on here and then deleted, I feel that something must be partly true about it.

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/Vote2008 ... 027&page=1

abc news just wishing.... if Paul goes away, I will be very ticked !!

Banned
    Super Tuesday Results: Final Fling for Ron Paul?
    By Keith Walters Jones
    Feb 4, 2008

Super Tuesday may be the final fling for a lot of Republicans. John McCain and Mitt Romney are sniping at each other, Mike Huckabee is telling anyone that will still listen that he will stay in the race and the fourth member of the GOP that is still afloat, US Congressman Ron Paul, has vowed to remain in for the long haul all the way through the convention.

Super Tuesday Results: Final Fling for Ron Paul?

But the numbers are horrendous for Paul, he is so far out of so many state races now it makes the early arguments of his supporters seem foolish, and at some point he will surely pull out. Is Super Tuesday the final fling for Ron Paul?

The day is billed as a national primary and that is probably accurate. Voting takes place in twenty-one states for the Republican Party on Tuesday February 5th and the votes could determine whether the race for the Republican nomination is effectively decided early. Mitt Romney desperately needs a win in California and has to hope for McCain to fall short in some other states and give him some opening or even he is done.

One thousand thirty-eight delegates - just less than half the nearly twelve hundred (1,191) that are needed to secure the nomination are up for grabs and Republican conservatives are up in arms that McCain could wrap this thing up. Jim Roberts argues here that at some point "desperate conservatives" may want to take a look into supporting Ron Paul as the other "conservatives" fall off one-by-one.

Reports claim that Rush Limbaugh attacked John McCain on his radio show today claiming that he had "stabbed his party in the back" on numerous occasions and he has that exactly right. However, if McCain does secure the nomination it will be a fairly easy argument to make that Limbaugh and the rest have lost their edge and control of the party.

All of this should have added up to an advantage for Ron Paul to sell his Libertarian campaign platform, but he has obviously fallen far short. Where does that leave the GOP? Running away from Rush Limbaugh and Ron Paul and towards the middle. In one day in early February, the GOP may make a big shift away from the right, and start courting moderates and independents as a strategy to keep the White House.

http://www.nationalledger.com/artman/pu ... 8674.shtml

This ALIPAC member has posted this entity be it editorial opinion, news article, column, or web creation as information for the General Population (public) only. It is not intended as an endorsement for this candidate by this poster. Its use here has not been anticipated to be used as, or used to discredit any candidate mentioned herewith.

But the numbers are horrendous for Paul, he is so far out of so many state races now it makes the early arguments of his supporters seem foolish, and at some point he will surely pull out. Is Super Tuesday the final fling for Ron Paul?

But maybe, just maybe if Paul goes third party he might get his fair share of media coverage. He has fought hard through a media blackout. When showing the candidates running for the nomination, all your national media excluded the Paul name in complete defiance of his grassroots appeal. Ron Paul takes 2nd place in a primary.... FOX News shows McCain in 1st place, Romney in 3rd place and Huckabee in 4th place. They will not even show the 2nd place finish.

The reason is that Paul represents truth. Dr. No has never been bought. He has never compromised his principals. He is truly the most honest person and candidate the US has seen in years. Corporate America owns you Greg, they own the media, they own the government, they own your Doctor.... but they do not own Dr. Paul and he is hated for that.

I cant anticipate him doing something like that. Gee..I sure hope not.

Banned
    I think I did see Dr. Paul Pulling double digits in One or two states. There was 0.0 For Pual in West V. But its still early

I think I did see Dr. Paul Pulling double digits in One or two states. There was 0.0 For Pual in West V. But its still early
    Paul always trounced Thompson and Guliani in each primary before those pulled out. You may not have heard those stories if you were watching the mainstream media.

He took several seconds, so he is not a figment of your imagination; although the media would like you to think that.

For a guy who has been portrayed on CNN and FOX News as a nutcase because he is the only person who believes there is this insane plan for a North American Union; he has done a pretty good job !!

The man from mars ................. Ron Paul ....................... believes in some diabolical scheme taking place to create a North American Union, lolololol lolololol lolololol lolololol

You want the youtube on that Greg???

I'm sure not doing well for Super Tuesday would be very dishearting for a candidate.

If Paul drops out, eveyone that supports him should send him a letter of thanks for doing everything he could.

Also, don't count Paul out, he could still be a running mate and always a Congressman.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dianne
    Paul always trounced Thompson and Guliani in each primary before those pulled out. You may not have heard those stories if you were watching the mainstream media.

He took several seconds, so he is not a figment of your imagination; although the media would like you to think that.

For a guy who has been portrayed on CNN and FOX News as a nutcase because he is the only person who believes there is this insane plan for a North American Union; he has done a pretty good job !!

The man from mars ................. Ron Paul ....................... believes in some diabolical scheme taking place to create a North American Union, lolololol lolololol lolololol lolololol

You want the youtube on that Greg???
    Easy there easy....

Ron Paul has quite a few delegates yet CBS shows him having none ?

I will be very surprised if he drops out since he has been very positive in the last few days and says he would only drop out if he was forced out by not having enough delegates

I will support him as long as he stays in the race. It takes a lot of guts to do what he has done with the disrespect he as been shown.
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast