Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: Starbucks investor booed for challenging CEO's pledge to hire 10,000 refugees: report

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Starbucks investor booed for challenging CEO's pledge to hire 10,000 refugees: report

Starbucks investor booed for challenging CEO's pledge to hire 10,000 refugees: report

03/22/17 07:40 PM EDT

A Starbucks investor was reportedly booed Wednesday at an annual shareholders meeting for questioning CEO Howard Schultz’s decision to pledge to hire 10,000 refugees in response to President Trump’s travel ban.

The investor cited Schultz’s open letter from January, responding to Trump's initial executive order with “deep concern “and a “heavy heart."

The investor Justin Danhof invoked a ABC News story about a 2011 State Department halt of visas for Iraq refugees following the arrest of two terrorist-linked members.

“Where was your heavy heart then?” the investor asked Schultz.He continued to question the decision to bring on refugees and suggesting it would hurt the company's brand and finances.

“I have two quick questions: I understand that as you said ‘not every decision is based on economics,’ but economics are a hard reality. So, the first question is how much will investors have to spend so that company can properly vet refugees that the federal government admits it can’t always afford to vet?”

Danhof continued: "And why were you willing to have Starbucks reputation take a beating by attacking President Trump’s executive order when you lacked the courage to speak out against Obama/Clinton travel ban.”

His question was met with boos from the audience, which included Starbucks shareholders, according to Business Insider.

Shultz responded that his decisions for the company were not political.

“If there’s one message that I think, I hope, you came away with today it’s that none of the things we’ve tried to do as a company, which is based on humanity and compassion, is based on politics. But it’s based on principles and our core beliefs,” Schultz said.

He also noted that there's "no evidence" that the move would negatively impact the company.

“I can unequivocally tell you…that there’s zero, absolutely no evidence whatsoever, that there’s any dilution in the Starbucks brand, reputation, or core business as a result of being compassionate,” Schultz said to applause.

http://thehill.com/homenews/news/325...10000-refugees

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty
    by joining our E-mail Alerts athttp://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Please boycott Starbucks.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Starbucks should deliver free their $5 cups of coffee and cakes to all our homeless on the street - everyday. Illegal immigration has taken millions of jobs and our citizens are homeless; can only be more so by allowing millions of "economic refugees' to settle here unnecessarily - safe zones in their area of the world is less expensive and more accommodating to their lifestyles & beliefs.
    Last edited by artist; 03-22-2017 at 11:30 PM.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Please boycott Starbucks.
    I would if I was a customer. I don't do coffee.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

They sell other stuff. But if you were a customer you would know that, you can't boycott where you don't trade to begin with!!

HEY STUPID STARBUCKS, if you spent more time devoted to promoting your BUSINESS instead of your HATRED FOR AMERICANS, you might have sold MW some drinks, those tasty ones I used to like so much. And that lemon pound cake ... yuuum .... and that giant everything in the world in it cookie.

WELL NO MORE STUPID STARBUCKS!! Your nasty goodies can sit there and go stale. I'll never cross your door or drive-thru again. NEVER.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I've never been to Starbucks either. And I don't drink coffee. I thought they only served fancy coffees.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Scott-in-FL View Post
    I've never been to Starbucks either. And I don't drink coffee. I thought they only served fancy coffees.
    No, they serve all types of cold drinks, berry drinks, banana drinks, pomegranate drinks, lemonade, iced teas, raspberry drink, they really are delicious. They have nice baked goods too. What a shame, all you who didn't even know because Starbucks is too stupid to promote the nice products of their company and would rather start a boycott over refugees. And what will happen to their employees then? Yep, they'll be on the unemployment lines with the berries rotting and the pound cake getting hard as a rock.

STUPID STARBUCKS.

MW
    Starbucks says it will hire 15,000 more veterans after facing backlash for refugee hiring plan

Having recently hit its target of hiring 10,000 veterans, Starbucks just announced plans to hire 15,000 more.

Starbucks announced at its annual shareholders' meeting on Wednesday that it hit its initial goal of hiring 10,000 veterans and military spouses one year ahead of the company's 2018 deadline. The coffee chain is aiming to accomplish its new goal of hiring a total of 25,000 veterans by 2025.

The news comes after the chain received backlash for its plan to hire 10,000 refugees globally in the next five years. In response, some customers started a #BoycottStarbucks campaign on social media.

In February, the coffee giant's consumer perception levels fell by two-thirds after CEO Howard Schultz announced the company's plans to hire refugees in late January, according to YouGov BrandIndex.

Some customers thought that the coffee chain was hiring refugees instead of veterans, though Starbucks clarified that was incorrect.

Starbucks CEO Howard SchultzStephen Brashear / Stringer / Getty Images

Schultz, who will officially step down as Starbucks' CEO on April 3, has been known for his progressive politics, supporting Democratic candidate Hillary Clinton's presidential campaign.
    Justin Danhof, the general counsel for the conservative think tank National Center for Public Policy Research, plans to raise concerns at the shareholders meeting regarding Starbucks refugee hiring plan and Schultz's criticism of President Trump's initial executive order barring people from seven majority-Muslim countries from entering the US.

"Coffee has no political allegiance, but Starbucks under Schultz's leadership has been unwavering in its support of liberal causes to the detriment of its brand and shareholder value," Danhof, who is a shareholder, said in a statement prior to the meeting. "As Schultz is set to retire next month, it remains to be seen if his successor will work to unite Americans and make Starbucks more inviting to conservative and libertarian consumers, or if the company's new leadership will continue Schultz's divisive politicking."

Despite backlash, Starbucks has remained committed to its plan to hire refugees.

On Wednesday, the company announced partnerships with organizations dedicated to helping refugees develop skills and find jobs, including the International Rescue Committee, the UN Refugee Agency, and No One Left Behind. Starbucks also formally joined the the UN Refugee Agency's #WithRefugees campaign, to express solidarity and support for refugees.

"Starbucks' strong financial performance over the last 25 years as a publicly traded company has allowed for strategic investments in social impact initiatives – driving greater connection between partners and the millions of customers it serves in 75 countries worldwide," the company said in a statement announcing its veteran and refugee hiring commitments.

http://www.businessinsider.com/starb...eterans-2017-3

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

LOL!!!! Well, Golly Gee, Starbucks, I'm not sure that was quick enough or broad enough. We want jobs for Veterans and Non-Veterans. We want jobs for all Americans. So the boycott continues while you think THAT one over.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    LOL!!!! Well, Golly Gee, Starbucks, I'm not sure that was quick enough or broad enough. We want jobs for Veterans and Non-Veterans. We want jobs for all Americans. So the boycott continues while you think THAT one over.
    Yeah, it's obvious he only did the veteran thing in hopes of minimizing the negative impact he and the company have received from the hiring of 100,000 refugees comment. In my view the man has totally embarrassed himself and Starbucks.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast