Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Steve King Offers To Help Trump With Immigration Policy

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Steve King Offers To Help Trump With Immigration Policy

SUBMITTED BY Miranda Blue on Thursday, 5/5/2016 11:08 am

Rep. Steve King of Iowa, a key endorser of Sen. Ted Cruz’s presidential run and a leading anti-immigration voice in the house, told an Iowa talk radio program yesterday that although he is not ready to endorse Donald Trump now that he is the presumptive GOP nominee, he is ready to thank Trump for “borrowing” his immigration policy and “help” the candidate solidify his stance on the issue.

King told Iowa radio host Jeff Angelo that he’s not ready to offer a direct endorsement because of the “insults” Trump has hurled at his adversaries: “I’m not a guy who holds a lot of grudges, but I have to be able to remember some things along the way.”

But he seemed ready to work with Trump on crafting a restrictive immigration policy:

I’ve said that we need to support the nominee that’s produced by the rules. I’ve never seen a nominee pour out so many insults on other people as Donald Trump has. This isn’t the day to highlight all of those and grind through all of that, but I’ll just say this, that I think Donald Trump is going to have to do a job of reaching out to conservatives and convincing. You’re a candidate, you’ve got to convince people to come in behind you. We had somewhere between 5 and 8 million conservatives who didn’t come out to vote when Mitt Romney was on the ballot, and he may well be president today if he had been able to mobilize those conservatives.

So I want to hear some things from Donald Trump on how it will be and what he will do. It’s been pretty hard to figure that out over the last few months. And I’m not going to say that I’m going to be a ‘Never Trump’ person, don’t expect that at all out of me. Expect me to say to Donald Trump: ‘Thanks a lot for borrowing my immigration policy, you get to keep it and I’ll help you with that, and let’s see what else we can do, if we can work together to strengthen this.’

And so I’d like to see it put together in a way that we can put the pieces of the jigsaw puzzle together where there’s a whole, coherent policy in the Trump campaign that can stand up and win an election, and something that is so firm that he stands on it and we stand on it and we get to a place where we can stand on it together

Somehow, we think that King and Trump will be able to make up eventually. Before Trump and Cruz started locking heads, King praised Trump for raising the profile of anti-immigrant policies.

And who can forget when Trump traveled to Iowa to campaign for King in 2014, resulting in a press conference where Trump stood by as King warned of immigrants bringing in Ebola and beheadings and heaped praise on Trump for his "brain" and "character."

"I have this affinity to, I'll just say, get the opportunity to claim as friends a unique individual that has blazed his own trail time and time again," King said at the time, "one who never puts his finger in the wind, but puts his brain to it and his character to it and his work ethic to it and his instincts to it, and time after time, when the hand of Donald Trump reached out and touched something, it turned into something good for America."

http://www.rightwingwatch.org/conten...gration-policy
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Is this the same Steve King who accused Trump of paying for endorsements in Iowa? The same Steve King who spread the lie that Ben Carson had dropped out of the race?

Well, "whatever", it Is for sure the same Donald Trump who just won the Republican nomination against the efforts of almost every Establishment Hack, Hawk and Wonk in DC and every vile political trick and negative ad his opponents could come up with.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

We should review some of the posts from when he selected Cruz' campaign. This is politics though, they are no smarter than you or me.

Donald Trump already has his immigration policy. He really doesn't need any more help at this point. If Steve King had offered assistance in passing legislation he and others introduce but never get through the House, that would be helpful. You know like the bill to end birthright citizenship for children of illegal aliens. Steve King introduced that bill in the House but it never goes anywhere.

Donald Trump is going to get Mexico to pay for the wall.
    Donald Trump is going to deport illegal aliens.
    Donald Trump is going to stop granting birthright citizenship to children of illegal aliens.
    Donald Trump is going to pause legal immigration until Americans are back to work.
    Donald Trump is going ban Muslim immigration until the government figures out what is going on with terrorists.

Trump's got this. Sessions has been very helpful. Stephen Millier has been very helpful. Jan Brewer has been very helpful. Sheriff Joe Arpaio has been very helpful. Border Patrol Agents have been very helpful. ALIPAC has been very helpful. Kris Kobach has been very helpful. Jeff DeWit has been very helpful. Scott Brown has been very helpful. The Remembrance Project has been very helpful. Jamiel Shaw, Sr. has been very helpful.

Yep. Trump's got his immigration policy down. He doesn't need any more help with the policy. He doesn't need any more talk. He needs action, i.e. a landslide election to the position of President of the United States so he can execute his policy.
    Last edited by Judy; 05-06-2016 at 05:44 PM.

I think Trump meeting with the families who have been killed by illegals have been very helpful.

We do not want comprehensive immigration reform, we do not want amnesty, we do not want a free pass to criminal trespassers!

No more "comprehensive" "fast track" on anything...this is the red flag that they are going to shove something down our throats that WE do not want.

Send them ALL back, cut off the freebies, no anchor baby. Hand all minors over to their Embassy for deportation. All others process on our military bases...load up military C130s and send them back! Build the Wall...President Trump to break ground on January 20, 2017!!!

NO PAPERS...NO ENTRY. NO DETENTION, NO COURT, NO JUDGE, NO LAWYER NO LAWSUIT. DEPORT WITHIN 24 HOURS.

Yes, Beezer, I'm going to add the Remembrance Project to those who have been helpful.