Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Steve King: Trump Might Be Buying Endorsements

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Steve King: Trump Might Be Buying Endorsements

Tuesday, January 26, 2016 06:51 PM
    By: Greg Richter

Iowa Republican Rep. Steve King, a supporter of Texas Sen. Ted Cruz's presidential campaign, suggested on Tuesday that front-runner Donald Trump, a billionaire real estate developer, is buying endorsements.

"Let's just say this: when Donald Trump decides he wants somebody on his team, he has an unlimited reservoir of resources that he can bring to bear," King told Politico following news of two new high-profile endorsements: Jerry Falwell, Jr. and Maricopa County, Ariz. Sheriff Joe Arpaio.

"One of them is money, but it may not be," King said. "It might be fame, it might be the mystique of the Trump machine, it might be people are afraid of retribution and it might be people that are looking for opportunities down the line. And it might be any combination of those things and others that I haven't said. That explains most of what you've seen come behind Donald Trump in one way or another."

King told Politico he wasn't making any specific accusations that Trump had promised anyone anything in exchange for an endorsement, but said he is aware that such talks can take place.

"Who's said no to Donald Trump when he's really wanted their endorsement? Who's said no? I can tell you different people that have," he said, but would not say if Trump had made him an offer. "Let me say that we've been involved in a network of politics in this state for a long time, we have an organizational reach, and a family organizational reach that goes out to many components of politics in Iowa. When there are proposals that are made, that are seeking to gather those endorsements, I sometimes have a pretty good idea of exactly what they are."

At a press conference in Marshalltown, Iowa, on Tuesday, Trump said he has made "no deals" for any endorsements.

"Joe never asked me for a thing," he said of Arpaio. "Sarah Palin never asked me for a thing. We got a tremendous endorsement today from, as you know, Jerry Falwell from Liberty University. Jerry's a terrific man, respected by everybody. And I will tell you that what was so beautiful about it, no deals, Jerry didn't say, 'Oh, could I do this, could I do that? Joe didn't say it, Sarah didn't say it. We don't make deals. We don't make deals. Not with Fox, not with anybody."

http://www.newsmax.com/Headline/dona.../26/id/711139/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Wow. That's really unbelievable that Steve King would be this stupid.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    I like Steve King and this really doesn't alter my respect for him one way or the other because I'm just sure he's spouting off about what he feels and thinks. However, feeling and thinking doesn't mean a thing without proof. So, King, come to us when you have proof, otherwise just keep it shut.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

8/5/15

It’s actually legal to buy a political endorsement. You just can’t cover it up.

If a campaign wanted to secure an endorsement with money, they can do so. . .
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Im becoming more concerned about the Trump Vs Cruz conflict and how it is affecting the supporters of our movement to stop illegal immigration.

W
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by ALIPAC View Post
    Im becoming more concerned about the Trump Vs Cruz conflict and how it is affecting the supporters of our movement to stop illegal immigration.

W
    Maybe, but I really don't think it should be that way. Personally, I would be satisfied with either candidate considering the alternatives. Like I've said before, I think having Trump and Cruz in the top two positions is a good thing. Sure wish everyone had the same thought process I do on that. LOL

I hate watching these two (Trump & Cruz) and their supporters cut each other to pieces.
    Last edited by MW; 01-27-2016 at 12:22 PM.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

NumbersUSA Urges Iowans to Consider Immigration — Give Cruz, Santorum, Trump Top Ratings

Reuters

by CAROLINE MAY 27 Jan 2016 9

Numbers USA is reminding voters where the presidential candidates stand on immigration ahead of next week’s Iowa caucuses.

The immigration reduction group has rated all the candidates — both Republicans and Democrats — on a scale of F- through A+ according to where they stand on immigration issues like amnesty, immigration reduction, birthright citizenship, interior enforcement, and E-Verify.

“Regardless of whom you support, I hope you will be sure to attend one of the caucuses and keep immigration issues in the middle of the discussions,” NumbersUSA president Roy Beck wrote in an email to 40,000 Iowa NumbersUSA network members.

The group’s most recent, regularly updated ratings have

Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX)
    and Rick Santorum with “A”s, the best rating of all 14 candidates.Donald Trump is a close third with an “A-“.

The rankings drop precipitously after Cruz, Santorum and Trump. Chis Christie has the next best rating with a “C+”. Ben Carson and Mike Huckabee both had “C” ratings.

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY)
    and Jeb Bush received “C-“s.
    The remainder of the GOP presidential field were in the “D” range. Carly Fiorina got a “D+”.

Sen. Marco Rubio (R-FL)
    and John Kasich both received “Ds.”

All the Democratic candidates for president were in the “F”s. While Hillary Clinton received an “F,” both

Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-VT)
    and Martin O’Malley received “F-“s.
    NumbersUSA stresses that while it grades the candidates it does not endorse.

Instead the group’s scorecard considers 10 immigration issues and allows the user to focus on any or all of the key matters, specifically: “Mandate E-Verify-plus, punish business violators,” “Prevent illegal border entries & surges,” “Implement Interior Enforcement,” “Finish entry-exit system to track visa overstays,” “End automatic birthright citizenship,” “Oppose work permits for illegal immigrants,” “Support overall reduction in annual immigration,” “End chain migration,” “Reduce unfair work-visa competition,” and “End visa lottery.”

Beck, in his message to voters, urged that they consider the entirety of the immigration issue.

“There is a tendency for people to focus almost entirely on amnesty issues,” Beck wrote. “But we feel there are nine other very important immigration policies that are having — and will continue to have — a huge impact on our quality of life in America. I hope you will take a look at all 10 issues and the ratings on those.”

“Thanks for all you can do to push politicians to give us a controlled immigration policy in the national interest,” Beck concluded.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...p-top-ratings/

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Exactly, he is planting a seed of doubt in any mind that is fertile for a suggestion not a fact. He goes on to say he wasn't making any accusations, "really?" and that he is aware that such talks take place, "so what?" When you absorb the comments he made, you don't even think about Trump negatively as it was intended. Now I'm thinking, was this even a smart thing to say? I think all the intended damage went to King instead of Trump.

MW
    Excerpt from NumbersUSA:

The group’s most recent, regularly updated ratings have
    Sen. Ted Cruz (R-TX)
    and Rick Santorum with “A”s, the best rating of all 14 candidates.Donald Trump is a close third with an “A-“.
    Anyone figure out why Rick Santorum is getting no traction?

NO AMNESTY