Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Student's English Learners Program in California

My daughters never have had bilingual classes, they have always been in a regular english speaking class. The distric had them as english learners. When I went to ask why they had them under the English learner's program they told me it was because thier first languange was spanish. One councelor told me that the sschool districs did that to recieve more money. So my daughters never needed the English learner's program and the distric was getting money because of them. Do you think it is right for them to do this?
    All Countries have bordersÂ* and laws must be respected

light, were there also English learner classes for children whose first language was, oh, Turkish, or Greek or Tagalog? Or are they (once again) hispandering? You would think they'd get tons of money if they identified ALL these kids, right?

Quote Originally Posted by keekee
    light, were there also English learner classes for children whose first language was, oh, Turkish, or Greek or Tagalog? Or are they (once again) hispandering? You would think they'd get tons of money if they identified ALL these kids, right?
    They never needed and never recieved it because if they were in the program, they wouln't have had all english only teachers. I think that they take take that money to pay for the kids who are coming into the distric, without speaking english.

GR
    Nothing surprises me about Mexico and their illegal aliens.

Light-Your daughters should have been given a test to find out their English skills before they were labeled as ESL or EEL kids.

Perhaps your children were being used as little helpers. I wouldn't put that idea past em.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Mayday
    Light-Your daughters should have been given a test to find out their English skills before they were labeled as ESL or EEL kids.
    My 14 year old and my 9 year old havebeen evaluated in EL program, and they have taken them out of it. Only my 11 year old, who has a learning disability, is still in the EL program. Because she didn't learn to talk at age 3, she has recieved all her therapies in english, so she learned english first instead of spanish. She barely knows any spanish, so she thinks in english. Her teacher only speaks english, and when I ask of why she is marked in EL, they always give me the same answer.