Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Support Albuquerque too!

We were there this week and although I did not read the article in the local paper it said the mayor of Albuquerque had basically ended the sanctuary city status there! I don't think Gov. Bill Richardson would agree with this but support Albuquerque too like Arizona!

You got it! And keep an eye on the news and post any article about Albuquerque ending their sanctuary policies. Lets hope New Mexico sees the light of day and passes an AZ immigration law too.

Lets Go New Mexico!

Thank you Albuquerque!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

koat.com
    Albuquerque No Longer A Sanctuary City
    New Policy To Keep Criminals Off The Streets

POSTED: 9:01 pm MDT May 13, 2010
    UPDATED: 3:32 pm MDT May 14, 2010

ALBUQUERQUE, N.M. -- Albuquerque Mayor Richard Berry declares that Albuquerque is no longer a sanctuary city.

The city has implemented a new policy that will screen every person who is arrested to see if the person is in the country legally.

At the new prisoner transport center in downtown Albuquerque, Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents will fingerprint and scan suspects. Police Chief Ray Schultz said the processing facility is believed to be the first of its kind in the country.

"If you're arrested in Albuquerque -- regardless of who you are and where you're born -- if you're a citizen or not, you will be face to face with ICE [Immigration and Customs Enforcement] at this facility," said Berry.

If convicted, they will serve the sentence and could be deported.

"I'm not looking at this as an immigration issue, but more as a public safety issue," said Berry.

According to authorities, the new system found Oscar Espinoza-Cortez. He was arrested this week on suspicion of dealing heroin in Albuquerque and was deported a few months ago.

Espinoza-Cortez is now facing federal charges for re-entering the U.S.

Juan Gonzalez has also been caught. He is accused of molesting a child at a gym this month.

According to authorities, 20-year-old Gonzalez is here illegally and could get deported with this new policy.

Officials said he had a history of these crimes as a juvenile, but the current policy would not have detected his immigration status because it does not apply to minors.

City officials said even if suspects are not convicted, they could still be deported because they are violating federal law.

Officials said suspects have to be arrested in connection with a crime to be screened.

http://www.koat.com/news/23549511/detail.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Great! Let's call it the "Albuquerque Model" and start promoting it nationwide.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Yes I registered and thanked them and then took on a kid perpetuating racist screed.

Armchair activist is what I am? It is time consuming but the only way I know to thank people for doing the right thing and support journalists who adhere to proper rules of journalism and present non-biased information.
    Restitution to Displaced Citizens First!

I live in Albuquerque and I'm very happy about this.
    ProEnglish:The English Language Advocates
    http://www.proenglish.org/