Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Surabian on Luther Strange: ‘How Can He Drain the Swamp When He Literally Is the Swam

Surabian on Luther Strange: ‘How Can He Drain the Swamp When He Literally Is the Swamp?’

Win McNamee/Getty Images

by DAN RIEHL
    21 Sep 2017Washington, DC

Former White House political adviser Andy Surabian joinedBreitbart News Daily SiriusXM host Raheem Kassam on Thursday to talk about the rally for Judge Roy Moore that former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin and Dr. Sebastian Gorka, former deputy adviser to President Trump, will headline Thursday in Montgomery, Alabama, as well as the race in general.

Surabian said of candidate Luther Strange, “He’s going around town claiming that he’s going to drain the Swamp. How can he drain the Swamp when he is literally the Swamp?”

“We’re talking about a big-time former lobbyist here – a former corporate lobbyist,” he continued. “We’re talking about someone in the pocket of Mitch McConnell. Why do you think Mitch McConnell and his allies are spending seven, eight, nine million dollars to help elect this guy? A man who, by the way, wasn’t even elected to the seat,” said Surabian.

Strange was appointed to fill the seat when former Alabama Sen. Jeff Sessions was made attorney general.

There is more on Thursday’s Palin-Gorka rally for Judge Moore here:

Per the press release announcing the event details, the Great America Alliance’s bus tour stop and rally in Montgomery will begin on Thursday evening at 5:30 p.m. at the Train Depot at 300 Water Street in Montgomery. The rally will broadcast the debate between the conservative Moore and the establishment-backed Strange to the crowd. Local Alabama conservative radio host Matt Murphy is expected to appear at the event as well, and within 30 minutes of the close of the debate Murphy, Palin, Gorka, and many other high-profile conservatives are expected to speak at the rally—as well as Moore.

Listen to the interview here:

http://www.breitbart.com/radio/2017/09/21/surabian-on-luther-strange-how-can-he-drain-the-swamp-when-he-literally-is-the-swamp/
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Trump has taken some very bad advice by choosing to back Luther Strange over Roy Moore. If by the off chance Trump is sincere in his support of Luther Strange, then his campaign message of "drain the swamp" has to be brought into question.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Trump made his own decision on this. At some point people are going to have to get over the fact that Trump makes his own calls. He wants Strange because he knows him, because they've worked together already, because Strange is the incumbent, in the seat now, and in the 50-50 plus Pence votes coming up on health care, budget, tax cuts, immigration bills, Iran, North Korea, he wants whatever alliance he has with Strange to be there through the end of the year. Makes perfect sense to me. Why alienate the guy in the seat now whose vote you need to propel your Agenda? Whether he wins or loses, Strange is still the one voting through the end of this year.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Trump made his own decision on this. At some point people are going to have to get over the fact that Trump makes his own calls. He wants Strange because he knows him, because they've worked together already, because Strange is the incumbent, in the seat now, and in the 50-50 plus Pence votes coming up on health care, budget, tax cuts, immigration bills, Iran, North Korea, he wants whatever alliance he has with Strange to be there through the end of the year. Makes perfect sense to me. Why alienate the guy in the seat now whose vote you need to propel your Agenda? Whether he wins or loses, Strange is still the one voting through the end of this year.
    I honestly don't believe Trump made his own call on this. I think he is doing the bidding of Sen. McConnell at the urging of his advisers. It's McConnell he really needs, not Strange. To listen to Trump, Strange is already in the bag, McConnell's the one Trump needs to push his agenda, whatever that may be. Once upon a time I thought I knew what his agenda was, but now I'm not so sure.

IMO, Trump made a bad calling backing Luther Strange and he may end up regretting it in the near future.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Trump's made his own decisions all his life. If someone said you should do this, it's still Trump's decision to do it. Trump's having a ball, he'll be back in Alabama for a rally, something he loves to do, pumping his Agenda while he lends some support to Strange. Trump's not against Moore, he's just for Strange. I was surprised he got involved in the primary race to begin with, but it's getting his Agenda a lot of attention, he'll have a great time at the rally and he'll have helped out someone he considers a friend at this point. Will it put Strange over the edge into a win? We'll know soon. Either way, it's okay. Alabama will decide and whatever they decide will be okay with me.

MW
    Trump's made his own decisions all his life.
    Trump has shown over and over again that he is easily influenced by those he has chosen to surround himself with.

Alabama will decide and whatever they decide will be okay with me.
    If it were only that simple. Seems the establishment is attempting to do all they can to sway public opinion. Hopefully the good folks of Alabama will see through their tactics. I'd say having $15 million dumped into your campaign, the establishment behind you and the President of the United States in your corner would normally give you a huge advantage. However, in this particular case it seems like Roy Moore has a great chance of overcoming Luther Strange's advantage.

This situation reminds me of Eric Cantor's defeat. Hopefully, in the end Luther Strange will suffer the same results Cantor did.

Moore got 3 endorsements today from Jim DeMint, Steve King and Louie Gohmert. All 3 voted for CAFTA and virtually every other free trade agreement that crossed their desks. Strange isn't the swamp. He's never voted for a free trade agreement that sucks our jobs and industries out of the country. Strange may vote for one some day, long after Trump is no longer in office, but Strange hasn't voted for one yet.

From what I can glean, Judge Roy Moore is like a folk-hero in Alabama for his stand on the 10 Commandments being displayed in the Supreme Court Building. And there's nothing wrong with that.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Moore got 3 endorsements today from Jim DeMint, Steve King and Louie Gohmert. All 3 voted for CAFTA and virtually every other free trade agreement that crossed their desks. Strange isn't the swamp. He's never voted for a free trade agreement that sucks our jobs and industries out of the country. Strange may vote for one some day, long after Trump is no longer in office, but Strange hasn't voted for one yet.

From what I can glean, Judge Roy Moore is like a folk-hero in Alabama for his stand on the 10 Commandments being displayed in the Supreme Court Building. And there's nothing wrong with that.
    Jim DeMint, Steve King and Louie Gohmert have always been stalworth allies in our fight against illegal immigration. I'd say their support is a glowing endorsement of Roy Moore and carry much more water than Trump's support of Strange.

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Jim DeMint, Steve King and Louie Gohmert have always been stalworth allies in our fight against illegal immigration. I'd say their support is a glowing endorsement of Roy Moore and carry much more water than Trump's support of Strange.
    Well, personally, I don't think most people in Alabama know or care who Jim DeMint, Steve King and Louie Gohmert even are.

They know who Trump is and what he's fighting for.

Whether that'll make a difference on voting day, who knows, it might help a little, but in any event, we'll find out soon enough.