Quote Originally Posted by ReformUSA2012 View Post
May be reading wrong but sounds like her Husband went through the process not her which likely started quite a while back and she simply got it as a spouse automatically.

In the end I can't fault her or anyone else trying to find another place to go. The US is collapsing and if the next election turns out bad the US is simply doomed. I see the US falling within 5 years if Obama wins again and if someone else depends if they have the balls if the US will recover or just collapse slower.

I see without a few key changes the US collapsing.

1. Enforce immigration laws to the fullest and cut back on current legal immigration along with legal immigration comming from societies and cultures that agree with the US Culture.

2. End free education for all NON Citizens and no discounts at any school that recieves public dollars.

3. Make the official language in the US English Only making all government connected sectors English only from local to fed.

4. Stop the free healthcare society. If you don't have insurance and don't have cash you don't get care (Medicare would still exist and Medicaid would be toned down). Healthcare costs drop significantly and insurance costs also, and those paying stop footing the bill for those who don't. As it stands 30% of Medical Care users pay.
Thing is that those immigrants will come from developed countries that have universal healthcare for its citizens. So they will fundamentally disagree with the way we handle the issue of healthcare and when given the chance will vote for universal healthcare coverage when it's on the ballot. And are you sure that the cost of covering the uninsured is the main culprit behind the high insurance rates? Or perhaps it's due to many reasons including the expensive operations they need to be able to cover such as cancer treatment, heart surgery, etc.?

As for Medicare, most of it is funded by taxes on us young workers. So in a way, it is a form of universal healthcare coverage for a select age group. We perhaps need to change that and advocate for personal responsibility. If you want healthcare when you're older, you better start saving up the minute you turn 18 because you'll be on your own once you hit 65.