Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

making $7.25 at mcdonalds isn't going to do..but thats the only thing they can get because of their status..
    Hmmmm...If they are illegaly here they can't legally work at McDonalds.

some of the kids really deserve that aid and we shouldnt judge because we didnt get the help and they did.
    Do you really believe this?? Illegal aliens DESERVE financial aid. You would rather they got it over you or another citizen or legal immigrant???

rose09-If you answer please drop the the black as it's hard to read.

Welcome to ALIPAC Rose09,I do not feel that illegal immigrants should be eligible for any benefits that are paid for by American tax dollars not including a medical emergency or emergency food.

I have three daughters all of which attended or are attending college full-time.Two of which are working full time jobs 50+ hours a week or enjoying their educational benefits of being in the US military to help pay for schooling.

I don't see how people come here and expect a free college education when Americas own citizens have to struggle to pay for college,where are our breaks? If my wife and I would have been lazy arses and not try to succed in life then our government would pay for our childrens education?Its allmost like our government doesn't want us to better ourselves.

At the local community college their are several people my children have known that only sign up for classes to get the extra grant money paid to lower income children,it seems its quite a lucrative deal these days.
    We can't deport them all ? Just think of the fun we could have trying!

This isn't about being hispanic Rose. Rather it's all about being ILLEGAL. Illegals deserve nothing! If they want an education, let them return to their countries of orgin and ask those governments to educate them. The American tax payer has no reponsibility whatsoever to provide anything to these criminals.

Working hard does not excuse breaking the law!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sorry Rosie09, American students must come first and there is a shortage of money as it is. There are many American students who are not getting the "help" that is given to illegal aliens students and this is totally wrong.

There is NO excuse for illegal aliens to get in ahead of American students.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)
    "

Quote Originally Posted by retiredairforce
    T.A.F.S.A., F.A.F.S.A., T.A.R.P., S.T.I.M.U.L.U.S. and B.A.I.L.O.U.T.S. are ONLY for illegal aliens....not US citizens. We are most definitely on our own as we have been thrown out on our asses into the streets and left to rot........
    I can't speak for anything besides FAFSA, but as a US citizen myself, FAFSA has really saved my ass and came through with the money I needed for college that wasn't covered by scholarships.

Fafsa is for legal residents and US citizens ONLY. Tafsa is for others who are undocumented. I have NEVER been refused aid and my families income does not qualify me for alot of grants I do get loans that are low interest rates and do not get interest added to them.

I think the numbers are something like this in Texas. A little over 12,000 have been helped since 2004 or something from the HB 1403 which gives residency to undocumented citizens and 33.8 million dollars have been given out to help those undocumented students. That means that if every one of those students got aid that would be less than 3000 dollars each and last time I checked you can't go to school on that. And that is not yearly its over five or six years so all the rest of the money is being paid to the school by the families. Each school is different some give more money and some less and some not at all. I understand your point they are illegal and shouldn't come before our kids, criminals blah blah but what is the solution? Let me guess deport them all? Hmm I doubt it or it would have already happened....or maybe to make them all so uneducated and purposeless they eventually die or leave to go back to whatever they left that made them leave in the first place? Well don't count on it! But do count on a growing population of kids that are getting older that have no hopes no dreams and no future but absolutely NOTHING to go back to because everything they have know probably most of their lives is here. Doesn't make the parents right but it does make for a VERY big problem. We are not, at least in texas giving free school away to undocumented kids but helping and encouraging them to get educated. When kids are told for their whole lives they will be nothing then they probably won't so until something figures some way to NOT have millions of kids running around with no education I don't see what a little help hurts. And one last thing...sorry but kids are NOT criminals...

And one last thing...sorry but kids are NOT criminals...

umm sure they are. if their parents are illegal so are the kids

Posted: Wed May 12, 2010 6:42 am Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think the numbers are something like this in Texas. A little over 12,000 have been helped since 2004 or something from the HB 1403 which gives residency to undocumented citizens and 33.8 million dollars have been given out to help those undocumented students. That means that if every one of those students got aid that would be less than 3000 dollars each and last time I checked you can't go to school on that. And that is not yearly its over five or six years so all the rest of the money is being paid to the school by the families.
    If that 33 million were applied to legal citizens and teachers, another thousand or so could keep their jobs. We just laid of over 1,000 teachers in our county because of budget cuts, and those schools are drowning in illegals. Which is the reason why budget cuts are needed - the illegal population is about to break the bank in the US.

And one last thing...sorry but kids are NOT criminals...
    Sorry, but disagree here as well. By the time they are in college, they should know to stop stealing our tax dollars.

Sorry but the whole education funding is racist. There are all sorts of scholarships or grants for hyphenated Americans or even illegals, but if you are simply an American kid your out of luck.

Its not like I completely disagree but I don't know what really your expecting to happen? I'm not claiming to be super super political smart so please no rude comments but I don't see how having millions of uneducated kids here with no option will help because obviously trying to make them leave isn't working and its sorta creating more issues with kids who had no choice to come here because they are just going to stay because what will they have to go back to (most of them) and so they too will have no hope for any future (unless of course marriage?) why is it ok or accepted to get married but service in army and school won't do the same thing. I understand that it is 33 million could be used for texans...I'm not saying it wouldn't be helpful my point was really to say that I have read alot (and not just on here) about these "free rides" and such and I just think that many time people are talking about mexicans in general just assuming if your a poor mexican recieving a "free ride" that you must be illegal and a criminal but its more than likely documented immigrants rather than undocumented.

I have gotten many scholarships...I have never applied for a scholarship that was not for only American students......

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast