Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyYuma
    Relax, with Heavy Metal? Geez, that just pumps me up. I have never heard of that band though. When I think of relaxation I think of Classical music.
    Actually I've got a real special treat planned for the "music" segment next Friday

Actually Nightwish really isn't heavy metal per say

The band has been known to class themselves as "Symphonic hard rock"

Mixing genre is cool , Kind of like "Dread Zepplin"

For those that do not know Dread Zep
    They do Zep covers , reggae style with a fat Elvis impersonator as their
    lead singer

Thanks for reminding me of Nightwish. As to why they never got much play in the States, I understand they had some internal member conflicts that made transatlantic crossings not so profitable compared to the expenses.

I'm not really much of a punk / grunge fan, I must admit. But in that pile of noise (to me), there exists one absolute jewel of a song that they did, The Midnight Sun. It alone brings me near to tears.

Then add to that, Youtube has a video on LOST SHIPS, FALLEN WARRIORS, about the sinking of the HMS PRINCE OF WALES. The Japanese bombed and sunk this British Battleship during WWII. This video shows some of the underwater wreckage, to the soundtrack of Nightwish Midnight Sun. I defy anyone to watch this and not shed a tear, it is that moving.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmgJKf3xjjc

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12