Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Are Tea Parties SKIPPING over ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION?

We all know ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION has a huge NEGATIVE impact on our economy and saftey, yet I wonder if this is a fore-front issue in the TEA PARTIES,and if not, why not?

We need to join tea party sites and push this issue using real NUMBERS.

I have tried to join on Yahoo, but the format is not easy to understand!

We need to push ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION as a cause of the economic collaps/shcool/housing collaps, and use California and Arizona as examples.!!!!Any good tea-party sites out there>/???

Not sure if this would be of any help in that respect, but worth checking out and maybe could gleen some information from it.
    I would also think that illegal immigration should be brought up at tea parties.
    1. http://forum.firecoalition.com/
    2. http://outragedpatriots.com/

There are tea party leaders who are 100% against it. At this time it is not mentioned as other things like healthcare are in the spotlight at this time.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

From what I heard at the speeches from the Capitol steps, there was almost no mention of the impact of illegals on our taxes. I honestly don't think anyone really mentioned it to make a podium-pounding point. The CSPAN vid I watched again, there were plenty of inspirational speeches but little mention of illegals affecting our taxes and economy.
    For anyone interested to watch it again: . http://www.c-span.org/Watch/Media/2009/ ... in+DC.aspx
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: Are Tea Parties SKIPPING over ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION?

Quote Originally Posted by Arizonablues
    We all know ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION has a huge NEGATIVE impact on our economy and saftey, yet I wonder if this is a fore-front issue in the TEA PARTIES,and if not, why not?

We need to push ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION as a cause of the economic collaps/shcool/housing collaps, and use California and Arizona as examples.!!!!Any good tea-party sites out there>/???
    Arizona, I believe that the Tea Parties formed because of a symptom...high taxes and out of control spending. However, the people who make up the Tea Parties understand all of the accompanying root causes to our troubles. Illegal immigration is a major contributor because it has so many tentacles reaching out into schools, hospitals, doctors offices, insurance, housing, wages, etc. I firmly believe that the Tea Parties will coalesce into a more focused group as we move forward, trumpeting many of the root causes of our financial and constitutional woes.
    ...I call on you in the name of Liberty, of patriotism & everything dear to the American character, to come to our aid...

William Barret Travis
    Letter From The Alamo Feb 24, 1836

ELE

Illegals are a gigantic finacial liability to us

I don't understand how people can protest high taxes and not be against illegals/amnesty because Illegals are such a huge unnecessary financial burden to tax payers.

In 2008, illegals cost us over 383 million in taxes for health care, incarceration and education. Overall, Illegals don't pay anything into the system.

You can find a Tea Party Patriot group near you by going to their website http://www.teapartypatriots.org/ and scroll down until you see the states. Click on your state and then a Tea Party group near you - it will have a contact person and webpage.

I encourage you to join - they are a very active group.

April

Re: Are Tea Parties SKIPPING over ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION?

Quote Originally Posted by TexasBorn
    Quote Originally Posted by Arizonablues

Arizona, I believe that the Tea Parties formed because of a symptom...high taxes and out of control spending. However, the people who make up the Tea Parties understand all of the accompanying root causes to our troubles. Illegal immigration is a major contributor because it has so many tentacles reaching out into schools, hospitals, doctors offices, insurance, housing, wages, etc. I firmly believe that the Tea Parties will coalesce into a more focused group as we move forward, trumpeting many of the root causes of our financial and constitutional woes.
    I believe you are right about that Texasborn. I have thought that for some time.

Arizona

I am a tea party goer, organizer and an illegal immigration activist. The tea parties are not about a symptom they are about the cause. The constitution is under attack. We are being governed by those that refuse to be bound by it. The constitution doesn't give the Federal government many responsibilities, but securing the borders is one.

As everyone here knows, this responsibility, abrogated by both Republican and Democratic administrations is a cause of our immigration problem at its most fundamental level. The strength of the tea party movement is exactly its focus on the constitution. It is the constitution and its ability to unite that forms a common bond between issues and between movements.

I don't think that you need more figures, although they help in making points. I think that looking to the constitution and its requirement to secure the borders is common ground that doesn't require any argumentation at all. You will find, as I did, that everyone I have ever met that is a tea party patriot is also your brother in this issue as well.

The National Hispanic Leadership Fund and the Latino Coalition had guest speakers at the Washington Event, both are part of the OBL crowd, i would like to know why they were even there and who invited them? Talk about anti-american groups, thats like having NCLR and Maldef there in spirit.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast