Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tea Party observations wanted

I was at the Tea Party in my area of Los Angeles County, Santa Clarita.

It had a good turn-out around the same number as last year, the unofficial number that I heard was around 1000 people.

My sign said Stop Illegal Immigration No Amnesty!"

A woman next to me with her two kids also had a sign that said Stop Amnesty !

I passed out a couple of dozen Numbers Usa fliers. Everyone I talked to was in on the fight against illegal immigration except one couple who were sporting pro Isreal caps, The wife mumbled something about many illegal immigrants being hard workers.

Representatives from Chuck Devore's senatorial campaign and Meg Whitman's campaign were talking to the Tea Partiers. The Meg Whitman reps. wanted us to know that a lot of false rumors were spreading , saying that she is soft on illegal immigration, and then handed us a flier showing all the ways she wants to fight illegal immigration. It was quite strong and specificly addressing the illegal alien issue, I was glad to see it. I told the Meg Whitman reps. that I was probably going to support Poizner becaise of his strong anti illegal stance, but I asked them to tell Whitmans organization that if she wants the support of the Tea Party she needs to take a stronger stance on illegal immigrtation. They said that they would carry the message.
    I was a little disapointed that A Poizner Rep. wasn't there.

One funny thing that happened was that only one guy gave us the finger, and I think it was the same guy that flipped us off last year.

Over all it was a good time, and I think it was a great chance for Conservatives to meet, network and see all the other fairly like minded people that live in the community. It is great to "out" your self politicaly, talk politics with total strangers and see how many other people around you are in on the fight.

The one in Irvine was awesome, our biggest issue, we had a plan to be at one location, 4 days before the event, simon mall backed out

we had to move to a car lot,hundreds of people were turned away because of lack of room

99% of the people I met were well spoken, and able to focus on the issues, and speak to them

overall, I came away rejuvinated and ready for the battle in November

Simon Properties has pulled this stunt before where they approve a Pro-America even and then cancel it only a few days before when it is too late to make alternative plans. They did this to a a tea party group in Atlanta last year that had a major event scheduled.

It is time to alert all in the Patriot Community not to:

1. plan any events on Simon Properties owned or managed facilities
    2. do not shop at their malls
    3. send them e-mails informing them of 1 and 2.
    4. let their tenants know about 1, 2 and 3.

Why don't the so called Pro-American conservative commentators expose this bunch to their audiences and lets get down to business with them since the only thing that matters to them is the almighty Federal Reserve Note.

San Bernardino claimed only 75 people showed up, and last year they had 300 people.
    The Lord is my Sheperd, I shall not want.

I was a little disapointed at first by the out come of the Tea Party Protest in my area, I thought it would be much bigger in my area, but it was about the same as last year and that is pretty good.

Last year was the start of Obama's rule ( extremely scarey) and the huge Tarp bill and omnibus bill had just been passed, it was a scary time for all Americans. I guess the panic has worn off a little. The public is more aquainted with the high unemployment rate, use to hearing about yearly trillion dollar defacits, and my be worn out by the health care fight.

I don't doubt the anger of the public though.