Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

If it comes down to McCain/Clinton, Clinton will win this could be the end of the Republican party.
    Some people are alive only because there are laws against killing them.

Law,
    You are SO right. The R's will circle the wagons and fight Hillary, they probably wouldn't do the same to a Republican president. There are also about half a dozen Dem senators that agree with our position, so we would defeat them. It'll be a 4 year battle but we all love this country so much and we will step up to the plate.
    <div>Thank you Governor Brewer!</div>

Re: Teach the GOP that it will never win without conservativ

I completely agree LawEnforcer. If McCain ends up with the pub nomination, I will vote for a third party candidate or stay home on election day.

McCain's record speaks for itself. He is an unethical open borders RINO who's getting a pass from voters because he's a war hero and because he said that "he learned his lesson" and would secure the borders before granting another amnesty. If republicans think he represents their values, they deserve him and the country deserves an alternative if we get stuck with choosing between an open borders marxist and an open borders RINO.

Doubtful...

You are not going to get a democrat to vote for Romney or McPain due to their stance on sticking with this war.. forget it.

Re: Doubtful...

Quote Originally Posted by theclassics
    You are not going to get a democrat to vote for Romney or McPain due to their stance on sticking with this war.. forget it.
    Unlike McCain, Romney isn't going after dem and indy votes (yet). Many conservatives would rather lose the election than compromise their beliefs, which includes leaving Iraq better than we found it regardless of whether or not they agreed with the war from the outset. The image of thousands of South Vietnamese jockeying for a seat on one of the last helicopters out of the country (before the U.S. pulled out) is still seared in the hearts and minds of many baby boomers. No amount of propaganda and historical revisionism will be able to change that.

Even the dems realized that they made a huge tactical error by calling for withdrawal while our troops are making headway in Iraq. Nowadays, healthcare and the economy are more important to dem voters than the war (or lack thereof).

Re: Doubtful...

Quote Originally Posted by theclassics
    Right, but you won't get many conservatives voting for Ron Paul because he opposes the war. Ron Paul sides with the Dems on the war issue.
    [b] If we do not insist on Voter ID, how can we stop illegals from voting?

Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    I agree LawEnforcer. As a conservative I will never vote for McCain -- especially after he ran such a sleazy, negative & dishonest campaign over the past few days. If the GOP wants to lurch left, kill Reaganism, and elect an aging RINO who is sure to be defeated in Nov., they can do it without me. And it will be easier for GOP Congressional members to oppose amnesty from Hillary than McCain.
    I agree. If McCain is to be the face of the Republican party, it will continue to lurch even further to the left. Best it crash and burn and(hopefully)arise reinvented from the ashes. Regretfully, I think the only way to accomplish that is with a Democrat victory in November. It will afford Republicans time for the necessary reflection and battles that will ultimately define and unite them.

I think the GOP is rotten to the core. Poisened and saturated with globalist lobby money. We will never see a patriot nominated in that party. The Chamber of Commerce has always made sure of it, and it will never change. The Reps need to die, and be replaced with a patriotic party that is not bought by globalist corporations.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Quote Originally Posted by Saki
    Quote Originally Posted by Populist
    I agree LawEnforcer. As a conservative I will never vote for McCain -- especially after he ran such a sleazy, negative & dishonest campaign over the past few days. If the GOP wants to lurch left, kill Reaganism, and elect an aging RINO who is sure to be defeated in Nov., they can do it without me. And it will be easier for GOP Congressional members to oppose amnesty from Hillary than McCain.
    I agree. If McCain is to be the face of the Republic party, it will continue to lurch even further to the left. Best it crash and burn and(hopefully)arise reinvented from the ashes. Regretfully, I think the only way to accomplish that is with a Democrat victory in November. It will afford Republicans time for the necessary reflection and battles that will ultimately define them.
    I agree the republican party needs to be punished...They are now the party of Ted kennedy...Let them crash and burn!

Guys. Your fellow Republicans chose McCain, not the Republican HQ. The electorate, the voters, Americans, voted for McCain. The hardcore conservative voters who despise McCain only make up a small portion of the overall Republican voter population in this country.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast