Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Teaching Our Children That America Was Bad...

This kind of crap really needs to stop. Our children are being indoctrinated to hate our own country. Liberal teachers think teaching kids the exact opposite of conventional wisdom is a great acheivement, when in actuality they are destroying the very country that allowed them to be so liberal-minded. Today's society is so good at apologizing for all the mistakes we've made in the past that we forget all the enormous contributions we have acheived not just for this country - but for the entire world.
    Quote Originally Posted by Associated Press
    Thanksgiving lesson stirs debate
    Published November 23, 2006

LONG BEACH, Calif. (AP) -- Bill Morgan walks into his third-grade class wearing a black Pilgrim hat made of construction paper and begins snatching up pencils, backpacks and glue sticks from his students. He tells them the items now belong to him because he "discovered" them.

The reaction is exactly what Mr. Morgan expects: The children get angry and want their things back.

Mr. Morgan is among elementary school teachers who have ditched the traditional Thanksgiving lesson, in which children dress up like Indians and Pilgrims and act out a romanticized version of their first meetings.
    He has replaced it with a more realistic look at the complex relationship between Indians and white settlers.

Mr. Morgan said he still wants his students at Cleveland Elementary School in San Francisco to celebrate Thanksgiving. But "what I am trying to portray is a different point of view."

Others see Mr. Morgan and similar teachers as extreme.

"I think that is very sad," said Janice Shaw Crouse, a former college dean and public high school teacher and now a spokeswoman for Concerned Women for America, a conservative organization. "He is teaching his students to hate their country. That is a very distorted view of history, a distorted view of Thanksgiving."

Even American Indians are divided on how to approach a holiday that some think symbolizes the start of a hostile takeover of their lands.

Chuck Narcho, a member of the Maricopa and Tohono O'odham tribes who works as a substitute teacher in Los Angeles, said younger children should not be burdened with all the gory details of American history.

"If you are going to teach, you need to keep it positive," he said. "They can learn about the truths when they grow up. Caring, sharing and giving -- that is what was originally intended."

Adam McMullin, a member of the Seminole tribe of Oklahoma and a spokesman for the National Congress of American Indians, said schoolchildren should get an accurate historical account.

"You can't just throw an Indian costume on a child," he said. "That stuff is not taken lightly. That's where educators need to be very careful."

Laverne Villalobos, a member of the Omaha tribe in Nebraska who now lives in the coastal town of Pacifica near San Francisco, considers Thanksgiving a day of mourning.

She went before the school board last week and asked for a ban on Thanksgiving reenactments and students dressing up as Indians. She also complained about November's lunch menu that pictured a caricature of an Indian boy.

The mother of four said the traditional Thanksgiving celebrations in schools instill "a false sense of what really happened before and after the feast. It wasn't all warm and fuzzy."

After she complained, it was decided that students at her children's school will not wear Indian costumes this year.

Mr. Morgan, a teacher for more than 35 years, said that after conducting his own research, he changed his approach to teaching about Thanksgiving. He tells teachers at his school this is a good way to nurture critical thinking, but he acknowledged not all are receptive: "It's kind of an uphill struggle."

Another example of pc gone bonkers. We have so few traditions in this country as it is and some teachers are tearing those apart? Parents need to pay close attention to what is being taught to their children so they can undo the damage some teachers want to inflict.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Code:
    She also complained about November's lunch menu that pictured a caricature of an Indian boy.
    Are these people Athiests?
    ------------------------

This makes me sick. I don't care how bad anyone thinks that our country is, we are the most generous nation on the face of this earth, and we bend over backwards to accomodate the entire world. I will not be guilted into feeling bad about our history. EVERY country has it's ups and downs, and as far as I am concerned, those who don't appreciate it here can leave. Put your shoes on, and keep walking. Of course it will be a little harder to leave than getting in, but I'm sure that it can be done.

Check out the Tolerance page on Thanksgiving. It seems to me this multicultural website teaches kids to hate white people or if they are white to be ashamed of who they are.

http://www.tolerance.org/teach/activiti ... jsp?ar=752

Here's a link to the thread that talked about Tolerance and Columbus Day for the newbies or for the ones who missed it.

http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... +tolerance

This is a SOUTHERN LAW POVERTY EXTENSION!

See my thread
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... 448#250448
    with some of the "lessons" that are given out FREE to educators.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by 2ndamendsis
    This is a SOUTHERN LAW POVERTY EXTENSION!

See my thread
    http://www.alipac.us/modules.php?name=F ... 448#250448
    with some of the "lessons" that are given out FREE to educators.

Morris Dee,i believe he still the founder and leader..what a fine past he got..started out as a KKK member (lawyer)but soon found out the blacks donated more money and swicth sides fast..and SLP has a glass ceiling that kelp the blacks from getting to upper level jobs..a fine man..wow

Bet that teacher would react if one of his pupils responded by 'discovering' his wallet.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by BetsyRoss
    Bet that teacher would react if one of his pupils responded by 'discovering' his wallet.
    That's the best one today!!
    ROTF

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast