Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Thank you USA....but something is wrong here.

Hello everybody.

This is just an immigrant who pretends to be anonymous and share some thoughts.
    First of all I want to say thank you USA....thank you for your respect,kindness,company,friendship,help,understan ding....and once again respect.
    I have been living in the USA for 5 years,I am still learning English and I would like to apologize because I make a lot of mistakes when I write and speak English.

That said I want you to know this is a great country,with great people regardless of their background,I have been dealing with all kinds of people in the US and so far everyone has been great to me....I would say even nicer than in my country.

Job wise once again people have respected me more than in own country.
    I came to the US in 2005,my wife is American,we followed every single step,filled out all the applications,paid all the fees in order for me to be legal in this country......maybe the fact I came from a Western-European country helped some...I do not know.
    After a long time with paperwork,checks,letters,blood work etc..etc....I was able to work and live in the US....long process,but it is totally worth it.
    So I started applying in restaurants,bars,small companies until I got a job.....I worked as a valet parker,server,bartender just because my level of English was bad I could not understand anything,though little by little I am learning.
    The learning process is taking me forever I do not think I will speak perfect English but at least I try.
    Ok so after this introduction now I am going to say something about the second part of the subject....but something is wrong here.
    After all those jobs I started working as an interpreter,I go to hospital,schools,jails,clinics etc...I would like to bring something up and let you all know how unfair somethings are:
    -Why illegal pregnant moms get the best healthcare regardless of their status? I know,I know they are pregnant in the US,but what about all the Americans that spend thousands of dollars in family healthcare and do not qualify for any help?
    -Why do they get Medicaid if they are illegal or have no SS#?
    -Why do they get so many FREE things and help knowing they are illegal?
    -No ID's
    This could be a long,long list....that i would rather make short.

It is a nice country but let me tell you I get tired of all this I know I am an immigrant but nobody has that sympathy for me...I just pay my healthcare plan every month.I am not expecting anyone to drop his pants and give me everything for free or to learn my language.I am sure some will say,but your wife is American....yes,I know....but what about all the Americans who do not qualify for all these benefits and pay for everything?
    I know what I am talking about because I deal with it pretty much everyday I am no making up any story.
    Any ways that being said I do not expect anybody to say how nice I am etc..etc...I just wanted to convey what I think and thank everybody in this wonderful country.
    Somebody has to do something regarding this,there are millions of Americans in need.

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    Welcome proud_to_be_here!

We agree, there is something wrong here, and it has been for too long. I know I do not speak just for myself in saying how much we appreciate anyone (from any country) who comes here while abiding by our laws, and making the attempt to assimilate. We know it must not be easy, and must also be very frustrating to follow those rules, working hard to become a citizen, and then watch as someone here illegally garners more benefits from what is really a crime.

I can at least speak for myself about "benefits" from our government. I want no freebies, just the chance to keep what I make and not have the government nosing into my private life. It is simple for us, we are a heavily independent people. We prefer the government to do their job, but to keep out of the private lives, and the pockets, of Americans. Something they seem to not get the hint on (Tea Parties, angry citizens at Town Hall Meetings!!...).

We could use your help, and voice here, and you are quite welcome to stay and help us speak out to our representatives in telling them there is something terribly wrong here, they need to hear from you too.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

That's because illegal aliens, for some odd reason, are a protected class, especially the ones south of the border and primarily form Mexico. No other country would allow all this crap to go on in their land but for some reason we bend over to illegal immigrants. Some people think it's because we must have made some secret trade agreements with Mexico and promised the Mexican government to allow their poor to live and work here without any barriers.
    You should know that people countries other than Mexico are quickly deported if they do something wrong or let their visas expire while Mexicans rarely have anything happen to them.
    Despite the astronomical costs of illegal immigration and the anchor baby mills, the Government has no interest in solving the problem. It's been going on for years now that I guess they want people to just get used to it and go on with their lives.
    Basically, by 2042, the U.S. will be a mirror image of Mexico with all its associated problems, crime, drugs, violence, crappy public schools, gangs, etc. One state at a time. So this great country that we all have learned to love and enjoy could easily turn into a third world country facing third-world country problems. But those in charge and the oligarchs don't care about that. More consumers for their products and less competition from the middle class.

if you dont think your english is good enough maybe you should type it in your native language and then find a translator online to translate to english

just a suggestion.

and welcome to the fight

Welcome, proud_to_be_here.

You are correct that something is wrong with this country, and I think it is mostly due to the way we tend to reward bad behavior. If you have a savings account, for example, you can expect your savings to be taxed yearly by the IRS. Therefore the logical thing to do to avoid taxes is to not save your money. When it comes to legal immigrants, we force them to jump through hoops for many years and charge them much money, when illegals can just jump the fence and enjoy all the amenities of the welfare state with no wait.

I guess it is just misplaced sympathy. The old story about "give a man a fish or teach him to fish instead" has been lost...now we only see the man has no fish and the taxpayers must provide it for him...else they are evil and greedy. The approach really shorts the man and assumes he is incapable of learning how to provide for himself. Over time he comes to believe it, and you have another convalescent of the system. And there are always those who do look for the handout at the expense of others and abuse any offered generosity.

It won't last, one way or another. We are Greece writ large; people just don't know it yet.
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner