Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I think the only possible hope for Romney would be for him to go to Huckabee and convince hin they would have to work together to stop McCane. McCane is going to be suicide for the Republican Party. It's a close match with whoever is the Dem nominee.. The Reps may think they will win thru the "values voter" segment--by carrying the Red states they carried in 2004. But now, there are lots of young voters in the "Values" category who have gone liberal. If you don't think so go to an evangelical church staffed by young people--the "Emergent church." They hope terrorism will just go away, they quote Martin Luther King, they provide sanctuary. The Republican/Religious Right coalition is disintegrating every day.

The other possibility would be for Romney to make a credible threat to bolt the Party. This could conceivably turn the Rep bigwigs--or McCane himself--around, but it would be a very long shot.
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

There is only one way to solve this crisis, it's called not paying your taxes.
    Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Simply I cannot or will not vote for McCain no matter the outcome, in my opinion the GOP has failed big time in past 7 years and this is the results.
    Sad to say after voting 40+ years I may sit this one out.
    I'm old with many opinions few solutions.

I can think of a cuple of things that would knock McCain off his throne.

1. If he were to throw one of his notorious big 'ol hissy fits -in public - on camera. Catch him disrespecting all those "conservative" folks who voted for him yesterday.

2. A big, fat, juicy french dip (remember Al and Tipper?) with the missus - again, on camera for the world to see. YUCK.

3. Of course he could always ask Howard Dean to teach him the famous hog call. I wonder what that would sound like coming from McCain?

See folks, it ain't over yet! ANYTHING can happen. This is America!

Quote Originally Posted by dman1200
    There is only one way to solve this crisis, it's called not paying your taxes.

YEP. If we could only persuade a few million of our friends and neighbors to join in.........

McCain needs our support to win. He and the Republican party know this. He claims he has heard the American people's demand to secure the border first and he said he will do that. That is more than your going to get from either Democrat. Now, if we can pressure the party and McCain to back off on any form of his past amnesty plans. I may consider to support him. After all it's still politics. If he pledges to give us what we want, we will give him what he wants.

Even if McCain renounced his McCain/Kennedy amnesty bill, I still wouldn't trust him.

Count me in as one of the (hopefully and probably many) conservatives who will not vote for McCain -- no matter hw many hollow talking pts he spouts at CPAC tomorrow.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by 1fish
    McCain needs our support to win. He and the Republican party know this. He claims he has heard the American people's demand to secure the border first and he said he will do that. That is more than your going to get from either Democrat. Now, if we can pressure the party and McCain to back off on any form of his past amnesty plans. I may consider to support him. After all it's still politics. If he pledges to give us what we want, we will give him what he wants.
    Yeah, well that's a big IF, my friend. Good luck with that.

Count me out. I will not go against MY grain with a vote for McCain.

April

Quote Originally Posted by 1fish
    He claims he has heard the American people's demand to secure the border first and he said he will do that.
    Securing the border for him will be easy. Just let in everyone who wants in. No more sneaking across the border required.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast