Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

THEY ARE AT IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

One Million Voices United:

Help us deliver a petition with one million signatures to Congress urging the passage of fair and just immigration reform this year.

We need your help. Please click on sign the petition and send a message to your representatives. LULAC will hand deliver the petition to every member of Congress and hand deliver a letter from you to your Representative and Senators.

In addition, please help us spread the word by getting your family, friends and colleagues to sign the petition. United together our voices will be heard!

http://www.onemillionvoicesunited.org/

One Million Voices United

Sign the Petition, Tell Congress to Enact Comprehensive Immigration Reform Now!

This past year, you marched with millions. You voted. You gathered around Washington, D.C. You visited state assemblies, city hall, carried out press conferences, attended vigils and hearings, and united in churches with the help from all of our Brother’s and Sisters.

But above all, you have wept for your family or friends that have lost loved ones through shameful deportations and massive raids. The whereabouts of your loved ones are still unknown, families remain broken apart, and no legal recourses have been granted (even to those US citizens illegally detained).

But the Movement is strong and our outcry persists. Both the President and party leaders have discussed the importance of passing immigration reform this year. They want to get something done, but they need to hear from you first.

Now is your chance to make the ultimate difference in the immigration debate.

We are calling on you and all local immigrant advocates, national policy groups, labor unions, faith-based groups, and ethnic organizations to come together and sign the One Million Voices United petition. Our message to Congress is clear: America wants comprehensive immigration reform, we want it done right, and we want to make it work.

Go to the One Million Voices United website, sign your name, then send the petition to ten of your friends, and we will hand deliver your letters to Congress.

Help reform our nation’s immigration laws! Comprehensive immigration reform must be a top priority for the new Congress. Let our leaders know that America wants to see comprehensive immigration reform passed this summer! Let’s get it done!

The League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) is the oldest and largest Hispanic civil rights organization in the United States. LULAC advances the economic condition, educational attainment, political influence, health and civil rights of Hispanic Americans through community-based programs operating at more than 700 LULAC councils nationwide.

Sign the Petition, Tell Congress to Enact Comprehensive Immigration Reform Now!

This past year, you marched with millions. You voted. You gathered around Washington, D.C. You visited state assemblies, city hall, carried out press conferences, attended vigils and hearings, and united in churches with the help from all of our Brother’s and Sisters.

But above all, you have wept for your family or friends that have lost loved ones through shameful deportations and massive raids. The whereabouts of your loved ones are still unknown, families remain broken apart, and no legal recourses have been granted (even to those US citizens illegally detained).

But the Movement is strong and our outcry persists. Both the President and party leaders have discussed the importance of passing immigration reform this year. They want to get something done, but they need to hear from you first.

Now is your chance to make the ultimate difference in the immigration debate.

We are calling on you and all local immigrant advocates, national policy groups, labor unions, faith-based groups, and ethnic organizations to come together and sign the One Million Voices United petition. Our message to Congress is clear: America wants comprehensive immigration reform, we want it done right, and we want to make it work.

Go to the One Million Voices United website, sign your name, then send the petition to ten of your friends, and we will hand deliver your letters to Congress.

Help reform our nation’s immigration laws! Comprehensive immigration reform must be a top priority for the new Congress. Let our leaders know that America wants to see comprehensive immigration reform passed this summer! Let’s get it done!

The League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) is the oldest and largest Hispanic civil rights organization in the United States. LULAC advances the economic condition, educational attainment, political influence, health and civil rights of Hispanic Americans through community-based programs operating at more than 700 LULAC councils nationwide.

HERE IS A COPY OF THEIR MESSAGE::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

Dear [Decision Maker],

I am writing to urge you to support the immediate passage of fair and just immigration reform. Since its inception, America has been strengthened by the hard work, faith and entrepreneurial spirit of immigrants who have made our nation what it is today. Unfortunately, our current immigration system is broken and, unlike previous generations, today's immigrants are often faced with the choice of coming to the United States illegally or not coming at all.

If we are to truly fix our broken immigration system we need fair and just immigration reform that conforms to the following principles:

1) It must keep families united and treat hard working immigrants with dignity and respect.

2) It must protect fundamental civil and human rights and reject proposals that criminalize immigrants and their families.

3) It must provide a practical and legal avenue to earned permanent residence and citizenship for those already within the United States.

4) It must create a workable and realistic legal pathway for future immigrants to obtain permanent residence and citizenship while guaranteeing strong and enforceable labor protections for those who participate in the program.
    I

I understand that Senate negotiators are considering a guest worker program that does not offer a pathway to permanent legal residency for the participants yet eliminates judicial review and the right to confidentiality in immigration cases. Another proposal being considered would eliminate family preference categories in favor of a merit-based point system. I urge you to oppose these harmful provisions on the basis that they are unnecessarily punitive, would lead guest workers to overstay their visas, and would prevent families from reuniting while doing nothing to secure our borders, strengthen our economy or make us safer.

As your constituent, I urge you to help enact fair and just immigration reform that helps reunite families, protects human rights, creates an avenue for undocumented immigrants to legalize their status and allows future workers to come in legally while providing a pathway to permanent legal residency if they want to stay. Thank you.

Sincerely,

[Your Name]
    [Your Address]
    [City, State ZIP]

THERE IS ALSO A FORM TO FILL OUT TO SIGN THE PETITION.

PERHAPS WE SHOULD START A PETITION DEMANDING SECURE BORDERS NOW, FINING ANYONE WHO EMPLOYS ILLEGALS BIG BUCKS WITH PRISON SENTENCES FOR REPEAT HIRING, CUTTING ILLEGALS OFF THE PUBLIC DOLE, NO ANCHOR BABIES, NO GUEST WORKER PROGRAM, A REDUCTION IN LEGAL IMMIGRATION, ETC

I wish I knew how to set up a site to do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DO WE HAVE ANYONE WHO CAN????????

i love their talking points.. sorta looks like amnesty to me.

[quote] 1) Reform Must Be Comprehensive: The proposal must simultaneously deal effectively with 1) undocumented immigrants working and living in the United States; 2) the future flow of workers and close family members; 3) the need for tailored, targeted, effective enforcement of more realistic policies; and 4) support for the successful integration of newcomers in the communities where they settle; 5) protection of fundamental civil and human rights in the immigration process.

2) Provide a Path to Citizenship: Opportunities should be provided for undocumented immigrants currently living in the U.S. to receive work permits and travel permission and access educational opportunities once they undergo background and security checks. Those who want to settle in the United States should be eligible for permanent residence and citizenship.

3) Protect Workers: To replace the deadly, chaotic, and illegal flow of workers to jobs, there need to be wider legal channels so needed workers can be admitted legally to fill available jobs. To avoid the exploitation and abuses of flawed guestworkers programs, the nation needs a “break-the-moldâ€

Re: THEY ARE AT IT AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I've said it before and I will say it again -- the Open Borders crowd never sleeps. This may sound harsh, but fanatics are like that.

We've GOT to stay aware and stay active.

THANK YOU for the heads up ... that is the first step!

MW
    This means more staged shows, empty boxes, and empty rhetoric from Sen. Kennedy (D-MA) and Rep. Gutierrez (D-IL).

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

God spare us, they never give up.
    <div>Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of congress; but I repeat myself. Mark Twain</div>

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    This means more staged shows, empty boxes, and empty rhetoric from Sen. Kennedy.
    Ah, the empty boxes on the capitol steps ... Hilarious ... reminded me of that great scene in The Wizard of Oz ... "PAY NO ATTENTION TO THE MAN BEHIND THE CURTAIN!"

"You voted" ????? Sounds like an open admission of voter fraud to me.

Why don't these people just take their petitions and letters and march them over to Mexico?

Then, when that government, who will put up with no b.s. from radicals, slaps them down and sends them scurrying back to the hovels they crawled out of, they can use their petitions and letters for toilet paper.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Sounds like the same old amnesty crapola to me. Lets keep the families together by all means, when they are being deported for being here illegally round up all their kids and relatives and deport them as well.

Johnny
    <div class="entry-content">
    <div class="snap_preview">&ldquo;To the German Commander, Nuts! A.C. McAuliffe, Commanding.&rdquo;
    General A.C. McAuliffe
    </div>
    </div>

I bet Ted and Mel still have the empty boxes for their display.

A million letters from LULAC is nothing.

Let me point out the significance of a million signatures that might be collected by LULAC. That will represent 1/301. Less than a 3rd of 1%

Because the US population is estimated to be 301,139,947 July 2007

To put that in persepctive, cut a penny in half and it would be worth more.

For a petition to be effective, it must be signed by registered voters. I don't see that requirement on this petition. Even minors, foreign nationals and non-voters can sign. Big woopie!

Don't waste your energy worring about this stunt!

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

this means all those criminals, invaders are going to sign a petition with their names and adresses ?
    They Are Comming Out Of The Shadows, Hey Ted, Mel, Graham,etc.... GO GET THEM

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast