Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Things ARE changing

I live in Gwinnett County, GA.

Duluth, GA has been infested with (I'm assuming) illegals for YEARS now. For the past 6-7 years, if you drove to downtown Duluth, you would see scores of Mexicans loitering around the sidewalks and the street. You truly felt as if you had crossed the border if you went down there.

DH and I had to go to a store near downtown Duluth last weekend and I promise you, I'm NOT making this up. I was stunned. I did not see ONE Mexican on the street, on the sidewalks. Not ONE. This was a Saturday afternoon.

I know they're not all gone but a lot of them are!

Also, something else I noticed. For good or bad, just posting what I've observed.

We have Mexicans to the left and right of our house, and across the street.

DH and I go over to our neighbor's house 2 doors down for their 4th of July party (have for years). We would always come home about 11:00 - 11:30 PM and the Mexicans across the street (which is definitely a flop house) would be shooting off fireworks, (on New Year's Eve, they were shooting guns!) and would be having a party. I would notice that the Mexicans who live to the right of us would always be having a party and would be in the street, shooting off fireworks. (Now, keep in mind, any other time they wouldn't deign to become assimilated - speaking Spanish all the time, Mexican "music" blasting (until I would call the cops), no respect for the neighbors - a lot of noise all the time).

Anyway - came home this past 4th of July and ALL WAS QUIET! No one in the streets, NO FIREWORKS, no parties being held.

Just thought it was an interesting observation. Something's changing

My guess is there just staying indoors to avoid being deported...
    What part of illegal don't you understand?

Even if it is just that - at least that is a change in itself from years past!

This is good news.....you are getting your neighborhood back!!!!
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Take a drive down Buford Highway, they're still here, just not as brazen, because of a new Georgia law that requires local authorities to check if the suspects they arrest,are here legally. I also live in Gwinnett county, which refuses to comply with certain aspects of the new law. We need new leaders here. BTW however, the house next door to us and 2 houses on the corner of our street are now vacant due to the illegals "night flight" about 5 months ago. There are still plenty of houses with 6 to 8 cars in the driveway and lawn, where they haven't fled as of yet. July 4th our dog still hid under the table due to all the illegals shooting off fireworks, but it was substantially less than previous years. Do we dare hope?
    You are the Grayrider, you would not make peace with the bluecoats, you may go in peace

Hey, Grayrider (neighbor)!

Buford Hwy is exactly what I was talking about! I promise you, Saturday before last, there was not ONE out there!

It always made me so angry when Duluth would place all those flags and crosses out along Buford Hwy (for Memorial Day, 4th of July, etc.) and see all the illegals congregating on the sidewalks. I always thought "I bet those men who fought and died for their country are rolling over in their graves now".

We definitely need new "leadership" in this county. I'll be voting in the primary on 7/15!

As in Oklahoma...

Once the new law took affect, Illegals disappeared like a web page fading from your monitor. Not to mention unemployment.

It shows that ours new laws work and that's why the Fed's and some Local Gov's are affraid to enforce them.
    So that's why each state will have to take the law into their own hands.
    Line up and follow the leaders.

American,,Grayrider ,
    I guess we (AZ, OK, GA.&(soon to be)CO.) could be called,
    Recruiters for...("Enforcement For a Better America")... It's too bad we can't reinstate the"DRAFT"
    ------------------------

That's great news! Thanks for reporting it.

I'm seeing some subtle changes too. More people seem to be noticing our illegal immigrant problem and are less afraid to talk about it.

Many of the mexicans lose that arrogance and bravado once they are threatened with deportation. Enforcing the law works!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

This is why for at least the next four years, we're going to have to work on more states & localities passing (and enforcing) enforcement-based laws while fighting further bad amnesty-based legislation coming from the federal level by Obama or McCain.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast