Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Things Heating Up in North Carolina

News you can use!
    Yes, almost all of the "businesses" mentioned were the fly-by-night, magnetic sign on the truck, call me on my cell phone variety!
    Can you imagine there are so many companies who can pave your driveway, shingle your roof, lay your foundation, wire your home, install your a/c, and do your plumbing all from one business card? Hola!!!

December 19, 2007

ON Tuesday December 11, 2007 NC Voice was contacted by Alamance County Manager David Smith in regards to a prior commitment December 3rd by County Commissioners Lashley and Vaughn to meet with us. The discussion focused on our formal request to present to the Commissioners details of our informal investigation into complaints of a large number of alleged unlicensed businesses operating within the county.

Evidence was easily uncovered that supported claims of over seventy(70) businesses operating locally, doing business with no privilege license, no business tax listing, and in many cases the individuals did not even have personal tax listings on file in Alamance County.

Although County Manager Smith was advised of the content of our intended disclosure, he declined to schedule a meeting with Commissioners stating, "The county is currently doing all it can on this issue. We are restricted by state and federal laws defining our actions. There will be no meeting scheduled, however those Commissioners who are interested could certainly contact you (NC Voice) on their own as citizens. I will see that they get your contact information."

A brief discussion with Thomas Murawski at the Alamance News earlier in the morning revealed that Commissioner Sutton had also expressed to him an interest in seeing our data, but to date no Commissioner has come forward expressing any interest.

Currently, we are preparing similar presentations for the cities of Burlington, Graham, and Mebane. They will be delivered to officials of those municipalities as soon as they are completed, certainly no later than early January. Meantime, we encourage Alamance County residents to reach out to your elected officials and ask them to look into the matter. The craftsmen and laborers being put out of business are your friends and neighbors, and the tax revenues being lost are made up from your wages. Isn't it time you spoke out with your NC Voice?
    http://ncvoice.info/

What's the Alamance News? Does it have a website somewhere?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

If I had a legitimate business in Alamance County, I would be screaming bloody murder !

They complain they cant enforce immigration laws because they are federal laws. Now they complain they cant enforce county level laws to drive these illegal alien businesses out. What can they do? Its time to elect some new people who will enforce the laws!
    287(g) + e-verify + SSN no match = Attrition through enforcement

Quote Originally Posted by had_enuf
    What's the Alamance News? Does it have a website somewhere?
    http://www.ncvoice.info/
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

had_enuf,

The Alamance News is a small local newspaper which is printed weekly. Unfortunately, because of their size they apparently do not have a website budgeted.

More can be found on this story at http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-546675-.html#546675

UPDATE:

The Alamance News did a follow-up article on our website posting and telephone interview and I will post it to this thread as soon as I get a transcript. Although not entirely accurate, it was indeed close enough not to split hairs over and was suprisingly on point. All-in-all, much better coverage than anyone in the movement might expect from the mainstream media and hey, they gave us a half page almost!

Hopefully it will wake some folks up in the community and generate some phone calls, emails, and faxes. Who knows, the man on the street might even take the time to drop in and have a word or two with his elected officials for a change!

JRB
    I've been reading the spin and hype over who suports who as the next President. We as the Legal American People need to look at Every Senator and Congressmen's Voting Records and Vote out the Traitors that vote for any type or form of supporting Illegal Immigrants. If we as Legal American Citizens want to truely make a difference we need to show these Political Rep's we mean business. The next step is to vote into power Men and Women of Integrity that truly want to do the Bidding of their Constituants being us.
    I want to tell you that I truly feel the pain of people who are trying to make an Honest Living amoungst the theiving bloodsucking Illegals and all that support them. When I see My Fellow Americans Voting these Bought and Paid for Elected Officials out of their seats in the Senate and Congress, thats when we as Legal Americans will start to make a Difference. Lets make next November an Election to remember and show these Political Reps that we wont be ignored. We can make a very loud example of any Senators and Congressmen that have voted in favor of any legislation that favored Illegal Immigration or Amnesty.
    If we truly want to make a difference this is how we will get the full backing of the Government. Put their Jobs on the line and they will listen to us and start acting accordingly.

UNITED WE STAND DEVIDED WE FALL

That is true JRB.

This is going to be a busy year.

North Carolina better wake up........By the time that they realize the mistakes that they made, it will be too late.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast