Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

It really doesn't matter if a person is motivated by racism to expell illegal aliens from America. It just doesn't matter. The fact is, the law backs up every person that wants illegal aliens out of this country, regardless of their personal motivations.

Dixie
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Even with those figures you can only imagine what the population is now and what the effect is. I see schools where 90% are Hispanic and all the teachers are bi-lingual, expecially is one of the Charter school whose main object is teaching English.

Quote Originally Posted by dyehard39
    Even with those figures you can only imagine what the population is now and what the effect is. I see schools where 90% are Hispanic and all the teachers are bi-lingual, expecially is one of the Charter school whose main object is teaching English.
    This has affected every Nevadan and it make us very angry. All of this affects me and my family in some way. It was just too many in a short time. It was a culture shock especially to old timers like me who have live the change. On top of this we have to listen to Reid.

Immigration Impact:
    Nevada
    Immigration-driven population growth is taking its toll on Nevada, the fastest growing state in the U.S. In the last ten years, nearly 800,000 new residents settled in Nevada—an increase that is larger than the entire population of the state in 1980. More than one-quarter of these new residents were immigrants.
    As the booming service and construction economies draw a massive immigration influx,many residents are asking how long it will take before the region’s quality of life is destroyed. The prices of houses here are rising quickly — up 11 percent in 2000 — far exceeding the median rise in household income. Water is running out, and bad air and clogged traffic have become such serious concerns that the Environmental Protection Agency has said Las Vegas could lose federal money if it does not take steps to clean its air.

Population Growth
    Nevada had the largest percent population increase in the country between 1990 and 2000.It increased 66 percent, five times the national average, bringing in close to 800,000 new residents to the state, increasing the state's population to two million people in 2000.
    Nevada had three of the U.S.’s top ten fastest growing cities with a population over 100,000 between 1900 and 2000: Henderson, North Las Vegas, and Las Vegas.
    Nevada is one of three states that had a foreign-born population increase of more than 200 percent during the 1990s. Nevada foreign born population increased 202 percent; the third largest percent increase in the country. Between 1990 and 2000,Nevada gained almost 212,000 immigrants, bringing the total number of foreign-born residents in the state to almost 317,000.
    This increase in the foreign-born population accounted for 27 percent of the state’s overall population growth during the decade. Foreign-born residents now account for 16 percent of the total state population, which is higher than the national average of 11 percent.
    About 576,000 people in Nevada are immigrants or the children of immigrants; this is about percent of the state’s population, well above the national average of 20 percent.

Trends for the Future

The Census Bureau’s middle series projection estimates that Nevada’s population will increase by 24 percent between 2000 and 2025,to 2.3 million.
    Impact on Environment and Quality of Life
    Water: Nevada was not expected to use its full share of Colorado River water until 2007 (by which time it hoped to have other water sources to accommodate population growth) but began using its full share in 2002, surprising authorities. In order to meet demand through 2050,the Southern Nevada Water Authority is likely to need to impose water and building restrictions. Population growth has forced the area water authority to change supply projections three times in the past six years.
    Traffic: As population growth put more traffic on the roads, the average commute for Nevada residents increased 17 percent during the 1990s,to 23 minutes in 2000.This was a faster rate of increase than the national average of 14 percent.7,8 In Las Vegas, heavy traffic keeps residents on the road an average of an extra 38 hours a year.
    Disappearing open space:
    Every year, Nevada loses 4,600 acres of prime farmland to development and suburban sprawl.10 More housing structures have been built in the past 12 years than any other time in the state’s history.
    Lack of Affordable Housing:
    Nevada’s median mortgage payment rose by eleven percent during the 1990s.12 According to the president of the Southern Nevada Home Builders Association, Las Vegas “is suffering an affordable housing crisis that continues to grow worse. Las Vegas residents are finding it increasingly more difficult to seek out a new home in the traditionally affordable price range.â€

I have never had anyone explain just exactly what a 'racist' is.

If it means you don't like people or one color, ethnicity, nationality, etc. - is that illegal?

If it means you actually harm people because of these things - that is just breaking the law. Is it worse to harm a person because you don't like their color than it is to harm them because you want their money? Our government would like to make you think it is.

When I hear people scream 'racist' - I realize they have no facts, arguments or genuine thoughts on the subject.

Some of the illegals are good people - no doubt about it. They are still illegal. They are still breaking our laws. A country of laws, cannot afford to allow one group to systemically break the laws, and not expect all laws to become somehow less important.

Personally, I am not really buying all the 'poor people, cant' feed their families' stories. Not any more. I think the really poor came over about 30 years ago. When you think that America has taken in probably 20 million illegal adults in the last 20 years, how many 'poor' people could be left.

The ones I have seen and had contact with in the last few years, have been well educated people. Many of them are working at good jobs - the myth of crop harvesters is the face the government wants to present - but it is miniscule, compared to the overall workers.

In TExas, we have had people of Mexican ancestry as friends, neighbors, doctors, family members forever. A fact the government would like you to forget.

I don't worry about it being called a racist -
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    As far as racism, it is a real problem, but truthfully, all Americans who oppose it are not just simply of one race, there are many racial groups opposing illegal immigration.

I think when it comes to subjects like this, racism is used as this intangible thing to try to beat down anyone who opposes the utter destruction of our country and our way of life here.

Racism is real, but true racial crimes are few and far between when it comes to Americans imposing it upon other Americans, or illegal/legal immigrants of differing racial groups.

Another issue; I think that groups like ADL, SLPC and the ACLU along with the federal government have worked very hard to make Americans feel guilty for thought crimes. They would like us to believe that having private angry thoughts occasionally means we have pretty much already committed a racist crime, even if all you did was either think something or say something, they'd like you to believe you have basically committed some sort of violence.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I don't think racism has anything to do with this - or with much else in this country.

As I said, people are hurt, robbed, killed for many reasons. If it is my loved one, it isn't going to make me any angrier at the killer if they killed because of the color - or if they killed for money. I'd want their heads on a platter - no matter their color.

The idea that we allow the government to tact on something called racism or hate crime - is just giving the government more power than it should have.

I'm sorry to hear this dyehard39. It's not fair and it's not right.

Quote Originally Posted by dyehard39
    I also have been the victim of racial remarks because I am Native American and I have been mistaken for Mexican. I understand it because I understand that people are very angry.
    por las chupacabras todo, fuero de las chupacabras nada

There's nothing wrong with righteous indignation, or anger, at illegal aliens. I just think the chess players have an even greater degree of guilt, and are worthy of more anger directed at them, than the pawns. Think SPP/NAU.

Quote Originally Posted by POTUS
    There's nothing wrong with righteous indignation, or anger, at illegal aliens. I just think the chess players have an even greater degree of guilt, and are worthy of more anger directed at them, than the pawns. Think SPP/NAU.
    That is the truth.

I usually treat them as they treat me - nice if they are nice - not so nice if they aren't.

Still, however, I want them back home.

Yes, I blame the corporations, their paid for politicians. The illegals are to blame also as they know they are doing something wrong, but they may not actually realize the long term damage they are causing this country. Some do - and that is part of the draw for them, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Dixie
    It really doesn't matter if a person is motivated by racism to expell illegal aliens from America. It just doesn't matter. The fact is, the law backs up every person that wants illegal aliens out of this country, regardless of their personal motivations.

Dixie
    Yes, imagine if our system were governed by attempting to find intent instead of action?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast