Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

DJ

Third Party Possibility?

I was just watching Lou Dobbs atCNN, and he was reporting that about 49% of Americans see themselves as Independent rather than Democrat or Republican. Do you think there is any real possibility for a third party who could WIN?? Someone who would actually listen to the American people? Oh course, we'd all like Lou in that spot--but I don't think there's a chance of that!

Re: Third Party Possibility?

Quote Originally Posted by DJ
    I was just watching Lou Dobbs atCNN, and he was reporting that about 49% of Americans see themselves as Independent rather than Democrat or Republican. Do you think there is any real possibility for a third party who could WIN?? Someone who would actually listen to the American people? Oh course, we'd all like Lou in that spot--but I don't think there's a chance of that!
    If the 3rd party could get that kinda of vote... it would be a landslide!!
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

Re: Third Party Possibility?

According to a Rasmussen poll conducted 1 year ago, a third party candidate who advocated border security and put immigration as their #1 concern would run dead even with the Dem candidate and clean the Reps clock.

So, yes I believe there is reason to believe a third party candidate can win--advancing our very agenda. I already heard that Ron Paul will not do this. I hope Hunter and Tancredo would consider it.
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

A lot of us in North Carolina are trying to build a 3rd party at this time..
    But that is another story..
    * <div>[b]<div>2000 people has visited http://www.dumpgloria.com/ in the last 3 months
    People who believes in God, America, The Bill Of Rights and Limited Government.
    </div>
    </div>

Throw in backing for the Fair Tax.. and you win the General Election..

Banned
    I always thought it was never as cut and dry as one or the other.
    I tend to think that most Americans feel the way I do.

Independent, Democrat, Republican, on is as bad or good as the others when it comes right down to the issues at hand.

In this day and age its to messed up for me or my family members that vote to stick to one party.
    All three will lie with their hand out and cut you throat with the other hand, while crosing his or her toes to get out of it.

DJ

Hopeful response!

Thanks for the hopeful responses. Maybe there needs to be a discussion group that is actively working toward this goal--and keeps the rest of us updated. We have no choices really with the parties we have--but having a third party has never been successful in the past. Let's keep this an ongoing conversation!

I would TOTALLY be for a third party as long as they are not corupt like we have now!!
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

Quote Originally Posted by GREGAGREATAMERICAN
    I always thought it was never as cut and dry as one or the other.
    I tend to think that most Americans feel the way I do.

Independent, Democrat, Republican, on is as bad or good as the others when it comes right down to the issues at hand.

In this day and age its to messed up for me or my family members that vote to stick to one party.
    All three will lie with their hand out and cut you throat with the other hand, while crosing his or her toes to get out of it.
    You would be surprised 75% of the people I work with vote straight ticket every election.. no matter who the party trots out..

Re: Hopeful response!

Thanks for the hopeful responses. Maybe there needs to be a discussion group that is actively working toward this goal--and keeps the rest of us updated. We have no choices really with the parties we have--but having a third party has never been successful in the past. Let's keep this an ongoing conversation!
    Third parties have not been successful, but it has proven to be the case that when a party is not adapting to political evolution, or is too fragmented to take a united, principled stand, it will die and be replaced by another. This is what happened to the predecessors to the Republican Party. IMO, the Rep Party is acting like its predecessors and are headed for self-destruction. I can see a nationalistic/populist party replacing the Reps somewhat mirroring the views of Lou Dobbs. My dream is that Tancredo, Hunter, and Paul break away and form this party.

Also, William is considering withdrawing his affiliation with the Republican Party. Maybe he can help us form a new one
    Serve Bush with his letter of resignation.

See you at the signing!!

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast