Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    I think it is good to know your source of foods. With meats anymore, it can be a hit and miss thing and a risk many of us take. As with fruits and vegetables, soaking in a solution of water with tsp. of clorox is good, but also vinegar works.

Kosher is great, if you have that kind of store around.

One thing I will warn anyone about I can on this subject. Do not buy meats from Walmart. I was in the store with my mother, and she was looking at the meats and noticed they looked really "wet" and red. Said something out loud, and this guy leaned in and told us that they spray their meats before packing with some fresh blood to make it look more fresh!

Now we all know this is a REALLY bad idea. They try to say it is ok and not unsafe, but that's a line of bull.

A local butcher shop is the best way to go. Sometimes they cost a little more, but you know who is cutting your meats, and they knew their sources too, you can ask.
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

April
    AmericanElizabeth wrote:

One thing I will warn anyone about I can on this subject. Do not buy meats from Walmart. I was in the store with my mother, and she was looking at the meats and noticed they looked really "wet" and red. Said something out loud, and this guy leaned in and told us that they spray their meats before packing with some fresh blood to make it look more fresh!

Maybe there will be a new wave of butchershops.

More butchershops will open and all to the good of the consumer!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar
    To the best of my knowledge this is so April. I think personally the idea of doing that is really disgusting and must have some kind of health implications. Now mind you, this is not with chicken, only with beef and pork, but if you look at it, you can tell something has been done. Go to a butchers shop and look at the meat in their cases and you will see a difference.

I just think it also does not look good for Walmart, it makes it appear they have to hide bad meat by doing this, although it is most likely a marketing strategy only, still........
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12