Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

MW
    jp wrote:

You don't have to care, you can be naive and not care if someone walks nearby with a RFID reader and scans your private data and in turn uses it to clean out your bank account, fill out an income tax return, even get a loan on your home. Hey don't worry about it. Sit back and relax.
    Can we please quit attempting to disguise "hyperbole" as fact? There is absolutely no crediable evidence to suggest that such a scenario would ever play out. Please enlighten us as to how a complete stranger will be able to obtain the information necessary to clean out our bank accounts, get a loan on our home, etc. from a secure driver's license or ID. The secure ID (driver's license or DMV issued identification card) will not offer anymore information than is already available through other avenues.

You should not be so naive about the acts true intentions. It certainly will do nothing to stop terrorists of illegals.
    As I've said before, I couldn't disagree more. The REAL ID will, without a doubt, make it much more difficult for illegal and potential terrorist to function among us.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by mbrown
    I don't have a problem with the Real ID act. However, for security reasons, I would like each individual state to handle it. Since I have to live with the internet as a dial-up communicator, nothing takes 10 seconds. What is the problem with the real ID act??
    You know if they didnt store the information in a database and perhaps only on the card itself in an encrypted format, I might consider it. But I do not agree with an unsecure database and I do not agree with sharing my information with Mexico and Canada.
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    jp wrote:

You don't have to care, you can be naive and not care if someone walks nearby with a RFID reader and scans your private data and in turn uses it to clean out your bank account, fill out an income tax return, even get a loan on your home. Hey don't worry about it. Sit back and relax.
    Can we please quit attempting to disguise "hyperbole" as fact? There is absolutely no crediable evidence to suggest that such a scenario would ever play out. Please enlighten us as to how a complete stranger will be able to obtain the information necessary to clean out our bank accounts, get a loan on our home, etc. from a secure driver's license or ID. The secure ID (driver's license or DMV issued identification card) will not offer anymore information than is already available through other avenues.

[quote:sjd24a90]You should not be so naive about the acts true intentions. It certainly will do nothing to stop terrorists of illegals.
    As I've said before, I couldn't disagree more. The REAL ID will, without a doubt, make it much more difficult for illegal and potential terrorist to function among us. [/quote:sjd24a90]

RFID cannot be cloned or stolen? Please watch this little News Clip & Please come up with a better word than hyperbole. This is The RFID in a Passport. The information stored in the Real ID Database is a one stop shop for hackers and ID thieves. We have already discussed that.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4jpRFgDPWVA
    I stay current on Americans for Legal Immigration PAC's fight to Secure Our Border and Send Illegals Home via E-mail Alerts (CLICK HERE TO SIGN UP)

MW
    JP wrote:

RFID cannot be cloned or stolen? Please watch this little News Clip & Please come up with a better word than hyperbole.
    I'm not sure I understand the point your making because credit card numbers, social security numbers, etc. can be stolen now. Heck, isn't identify theft one of the problems were facing with illegal immigration.

Perhaps I'll quit using the word "hyperbole" when you stop using extravagant exaggerations to make a point.

Excerpt:

To meet the REAL ID requirement that licenses be "machine readable," DHS recommends the use of 2D bar codes, the technology that most states already use to make secure cards at a reasonable cost. No state currently uses RFID, an automatic identification method that relies on storing and remotely retrieving data using radio waves.
    http://www.govtech.com/gt/articles/104193

You're arguing the issue by using an exaggeration of the requirements. RFID technology is not required to meet DHS requirements for REAL ID. Actually, the link I provided describes RFID technology as being to cost-prohibitive for the states. I'm not saying RFID technology won't ever become an issue, however, it's not one now.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by POTUS
    If the REAL ID is intended to stop or dramatically slow the illegal invasion, why does the Department of Homeland Security, that is so keen on seeing it pass, have no interest in securing our borders?
    Any takers?

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    JP wrote:

RFID cannot be cloned or stolen? Please watch this little News Clip & Please come up with a better word than hyperbole.
    I'm not sure I understand the point your making because credit card numbers, social security numbers, etc. can be stolen now. Heck, isn't identify theft one of the problems were facing with illegal immigration.

Perhaps I'll quit using the word "hyperbole" when you stop using extravagant exaggerations to make a point.

Excerpt:

[quote:1h0y46oi]To meet the REAL ID requirement that licenses be "machine readable," DHS recommends the use of 2D bar codes, the technology that most states already use to make secure cards at a reasonable cost. No state currently uses RFID, an automatic identification method that relies on storing and remotely retrieving data using radio waves.
    http://www.govtech.com/gt/articles/104193

You're arguing the issue by using an exaggeration of the requirements. RFID technology is not required to meet DHS requirements for REAL ID. Actually, the link I provided describes RFID technology as being to cost-prohibitive for the states. I'm not saying RFID technology won't ever become an issue, however, it's not one now.[/quote:1h0y46oi]

Perhaps you would be better off not addressing me when i am speaking to someone else on the issue.

You said that a person could not steal id from a passport. Again I have proved you wrong. Watch the video.

If the REAL ID is intended to stop or dramatically slow the illegal invasion, why does the Department of Homeland Security, that is so keen on seeing it pass, have no interest in securing our borders?
    Any takers?
    They wont address that and they wont address how they expect our information to be kept secure when they cannot keep their own databases from being hacked.

Quote Originally Posted by jp_48504
    They wont address that and they wont address how they expect our information to be kept secure when they cannot keep their own databases from being hacked.
    Good point. I would also like to hear why the Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act of 2004 - which used the same justification, language, and ideas as the REAL ID to gain passage - did NOT prevent illegal immigration whatsoever once put into place. And also an explanation of why we can expect the REAL ID Act to make any difference in the fight against illegal immigration when that law is implemented.
    "We have decided man doesn't need a backbone any more; to have one is old-fashioned. Someday we're going to slip it back on." - William Faulkner

MW
    JP wrote:

Perhaps you would be better off not addressing me when i am speaking to someone else on the issue.
    I'm sorry but I was under the impression that this was an open forum for debate and discussion. If you choose to have a private conversation, perhaps you should carry it off-line (just a suggestion). Honestly, your comment was a little rude, don't you think?

Personally, I think you should expect to be challenged by those who don't agree with your position. It's no secret that you've held nothing back in sharing your position. Shouldn't those of us who don't share your postion be afforded the same opportunity without expectation of a personal insult. Let's face the facts, there are those of us that don't share your concerns on REAL ID.

You said that a person could not steal id from a passport. Again I have proved you wrong. Watch the video.

Actually, it's you that is wrong because I never said that. If you think I did perhaps you wouldn't mind quoting my exact words. I've made absolutely no reference to passports.

MW
    POTUS wrote:

That's a good question, POTUS. However, you know it's not a question that anyone on ALIPAC can answer completely (it's complex). IMO, the U.S. Chamber of Commerce, far left leaning Democrats, and Bush have been our biggest roadblocks.

I don't think anyone has said that REAL ID will stop illegal immigration. What it will do is make it more difficult for the illegals and terrorist to move about and function in our society. Isn't reducing their ability to function in our society what we all want?

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast