Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Toby Keith, 3 Doors Down To Perform At Trump’s Inauguration

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    I don't understand why gays hate Trump. He's always supported the LGBTQ community. I guess they never paid enough attention to know that.
    I've had a hard time understanding that also. Someone somewhere has scared them, the left is good at scare tactics.
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Donald Trump is against same-sex marriage

By Dan Clark on Sunday, August 14th, 2016 at 10:56 p.m.

Donald Trump holds first post-election press conference

Donald Trump has consistently opposed same-sex marriage in interviews since 2000.U.S. Rep. Sean Maloney, D-N.Y., called out Donald Trump during a speech to the Democratic National Convention in Philadelphia for the Republican nominee's position on same-sex marriage.

Maloney, who is openly gay and married, said Trump has opposed same-sex marriage and wants the Supreme Court to reverse its 2015 decision that legalized same-sex marriage throughout the United States.

"It matters who’s leading the country, and it matters if they care," said Maloney, whose Hudson Valley congressional district includes all of Putnam and Orange counties, part of northern Westchester County and the southwest section of Dutchess County. "America, we have a choice. Donald Trump doesn’t care about some families. He’s against marriage equality. He wants to go back."

Trump has been criticized for flip-flopping on social issues. Is Maloney right about the Republican candidate’s stance on same-sex marriage?

Trump through the years

The earliest reference from Trump on the issue that we could track down is an interview in The Advocate in 2000. At the time Trump was rumored to be considering a run for president.

"I think the institution of marriage should be between a man and a woman," Trump said during the interview.

He said he would favor a domestic partnership law that afforded same-sex couples the same benefits as married couples.

Fast-forward to 2011 when Trump was again considering a run for the White House. He sat down for an interview with Bill O’Reilly on Fox News and talked about his position on same-sex marriage.

"I just don't feel good about it," Trump said. "I don't feel right about it. I'm against it, and I take a lot of heat because I come from New York. You know, for New York it's like, how can you be against gay marriage? But I'm opposed to gay marriage."
    And, last year Trump said in an interview on CNN that he supported ‘traditional marriage.’

‘He wants to go back’

Maloney’s claim was made in the context of the Supreme Court’s 2015 decision on same-sex marriage. Trump does not agree with the decision. He has said efforts to overrule the court through an amendment to the U.S Constitution are not realistic.
    He has said in interviews that he would have preferred the court leave the decision on same-sex marriage at the state level. Trump also suggested inat least one interview that he would consider appointing Supreme Court justices who would support reversing the ruling.

Our ruling

Speaking at the Democratic National Convention, Maloney said Trump is "against marriage equality" and "wants to go back" on the Supreme Court’s same-sex marriage decision.

Trump has consistently opposed same-sex marriage in interviews since 2000. He also said he would consider appointing justices to the Supreme Court who would favor reversing the decision and leave the issue of same-sex marriage to the states.
    We rate this claim as True.

[COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.862745)]Share The Facts

Rep. Sean Patrick Maloney
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.541176)]Congressman for New York's 18th Congressional District

Donald Trump is "against marriage equality. He wants to go back."
    [COLOR=rgba(0, 0, 0, 0.541176)]Thursday, July 28, 2016[/COLOR]
    [/COLOR]

http://www.politifact.com/new-york/s...-sex-marriage/

I agree with Trump on this. Marriage should only be between a man and woman. Truth be known though, Trump has been inconsistent on the issue. Recently he has said it should be up to the states to decide, but he admits it is settled law.

Trump's prior history on the issue is probably why the gay community doesn't care for him.
    Last edited by MW; 01-15-2017 at 03:16 AM.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Trump has stated publicly that gay marriage is settled law, it's been decided by the US Supreme Court, and he's fine with it. He's also stated transgender people should use whatever bathroom they're comfortable with. He supports gay rights, and before the US Supreme Court ruled, he believed in unions for gays so they could have the same marriage benefits as heterosexual couples.

There's just no reason for gays to hate Trump. And I don't think most gays are against Trump, at least not over gay rights issues.
    Last edited by Judy; 01-15-2017 at 02:32 AM.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Trump has stated publicly that gay marriage is settled law, it's been decided by the US Supreme Court, and he's fine with it. He's also stated transgender people should use whatever bathroom they're comfortable with. He supports gay rights, and before the US Supreme Court ruled, he believed in unions for gays so they could have the same marriage benefits as heterosexual couples.

There's just no reason for gays to hate Trump. And I don't think most gays are against Trump, at least not over gay rights issues.
    Did you even bother to read the article I posted? You said you had a difficult time understanding why the gay community was against Trump. The article I provided should provide the explanation you were looking for. Right or wrong, many things Trump has said in the past has formed their opinion.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

No it really didn't, MW, because nothing Trump has said in the past is any different than what Bill Clinton, Hillary Clinton or Barack Obama have said in the past. So it's my opinion that it's just Democrats who happen to be gay who hate Trump and has nothing to do with their sexual orientation. They're just snowflake Hillary shrills like so many others who can't stand the fact that they lost the election.

All-American Toby Keith Not Apologizing For Performance

Ryan Saavedra Jan 14th, 2017 8:13 pm

Photo From Toby Keith’s Instagram Account

Toby Keith Says He’s NOT APOLOGIZING For Playing At Trump Inauguration!

Ryan Saavedra Jan 14th, 2017 8:13 pm 235 Comments

All-American Toby Keith Not Apologizing For Performance
    One of America’s most loved musicians says he’s not apologizing for playing at Trump’s Inauguration on January 20, 2017 in Washington D.C.

From Entertainment Weekly:

Toby Keith is responding to critics of his decision to perform for Donald Trump’s presidential inauguration.

“I don’t apologize for performing for our country or military,” Keith said in a statement to EW

Toby Keith’s music is an absolute perfect for incoming President Donald Trump.

Inauguration Day is turning out to be even bigger than expected. January 20th, Washington D.C. Have fun!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) January 15, 2017

Lyrics in his music speak to American patriotism, American manufacturing, and supporting the American military.

Can you imagine when Toby Keith plays this song in Washington D.C. to ring in the Trump era?

http://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2017...-inauguration/

Oh wow!! That will be perfect!!!! Crowds will go crazy with love for that song and all it means at this inauguration!!

MADE IN AMERICA!!!

Oh wait, remember when Trump asked the question at one of the thank you rallies whether our products should say "Made in the USA" or "MADE IN AMERICA", I'll bet it was this song that made him ask the question. The crowd at that rally wanted "Made in the USA". Either way is good with me.

THANK YOU TOBY KEITH!!
    Last edited by Judy; 01-16-2017 at 01:13 AM.

Toby Keith: I Won’t ‘Apologize’ for Performing at Trump Inauguration

by DANIEL NUSSBAUM
    15 Jan 2017
    1,820 comments

Country artist Toby Keith will not back out of performing at President-elect Donald Trump’s inauguration this month, saying in a statement that he will not “apologize” for performing for the country and its military.

The 55-year-old “Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue” singer was announced as an inauguration performer on Friday, along with rock band 3 Doors Down and country singer Lee Greenwood.

“I don’t apologize for performing for our country or military,” Keith said in a statement to Entertainment Weekly. “I performed at events for previous presidents [George W.] Bush and [Barack] Obama and over 200 shows in Iraq and Afghanistan for the USO.”

Keith’s statement comes as several artists, including Elton John and Garth Brooks, have publicly rejected invitations to perform at the inauguration.

On Saturday, singer Jennifer Holliday — who had been announced as an inauguration performer on Friday along with Keith — scrapped her plans to sing at the event and apologized to her fans for what she called a “lapse of judgement.”

“I was honestly just thinking that I wanted my voice to be a healing and unifying force for hope through music to help our deeply polarized country,” Holliday wrote in an open letter provided to The Wrap. “Regretfully, I did not take into consideration that my performing for the concert would actually instead be taken as a political act against my own personal beliefs and be mistaken for support of Donald Trump and Mike Pence.”

“I sincerely apologize for my lapse of judgment, for being uneducated on the issues that affect every American at this crucial time in history and for causing such dismay and heartbreak for my fans,” she added.

Keith, 3 Doors Down and several other artists will perform January 19 at the pre-inauguration “Make America Great Again! Welcome Celebration.” Actor and Trump supporter Jon Voight is expected to attend, and Trump himself will reportedly speak at the event.

Performers for Inauguration Day include the Mormon Tabernacle Choir, the Radio City Rockettes and teenage classical singer Jackie Evancho. The 16-year-old Evancho is slated to sing the National Anthem at the event.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-hollywo...rming-country/

It's going to be a beautiful inauguration. People have worked so hard to make it nice and proper and for the people. I hope everyone who can't be there can watch a lot of it on television. I'm really looking forward to watching every minute of it that I can.

I was thinking about the Band from Talladego College in Alabama that needed $75,000 to participate in the parade, and so like most bands have to do, they had a fundraiser so they could be there and guess what? They went on Fox News, told their story, and had raised over $370,000 as of Friday. It's a shame to think that Maxine Waters, Barbara Lee, John Lewis and so many others won't be there to support them. Maxine Waters went so far as to say she wasn't going because there was nothing "interesting to see". Well, she is so wrong, there are so many interesting things going on. Millions of dollars and thousands of people work their butts off to make our Inaugurations special and some of the most interesting and memorable political events of our country and this one will be just as good as any and maybe even better in some ways that some of them.

I really can't wait!! Then all our efforts will be official and we'll have at least 4 years of bliss with Trump tweeting out all the liars, cheats, thieves and traitors who have created this mess we're in.

Today he tweeted out John Brennan, Obama CIA Director, as the guy who leaked the fake news story as "intel" to the media. Of course it was Brennan. I wondered if Trump would out him, and of course right after Brennan's big put down of Trump on the Sunday talk show today, came the tweet. LOL!!! Personally, I love the tweets. Trump Twitter is the best single source of real news out there. His timing is meticulous. You know he never punches first, he always waits for them to punch him first, then BOOM!!

He also tweeted out the media, no more White House press conferences in the White House. He's moving it all across the street. LOL!! Right now only 49 reporters can get in the room at the White House, at the new location across the street, they can invite 300 from all over the country and the world!! I hope they invite Russia Times and give them a question before CNN, NBC, NYT and WaPo. Won't that be fun??!! It would be interesting to see what types of questions a Russian media would ask of our President, probably something important, intellectual and relevant. That would be a breath of fresh air, might shake some sense into our media to straighten up and be actual reporters again.

It is truly going to be the best time ever!! Or as Jean says, "a hoot"!!
    Last edited by Judy; 01-16-2017 at 02:11 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12