Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Then there was Chris Wallace and Huckabee was denying what he meant by "path to citizenship" in the past. Twisting and twisting. Then Mc Cain came on saying it was true that he was against amnesty on a setup question where Wallace brought i up as false. Geees. They give me the creeps because so many don't catch the spin. Or do they?

Well the catch here is that McCain still believes in that tiny little brain of his' that the scamnesty bill was truly not amnesty. Remember, this criminals were going to have to pay a $2,500. fine (one good drug deal would take care of that). So he still maintains he never supported amnesty, lol. What he cannot deny though is the fact he totally turned his back on the wishes of those he was elected to represent. He heard the yells, screams and cries that we in America are totally opposed to the McCain/Kennedy scamnesty; but he basically said "the hell with you" and proceeded to do his thing.

We have to watch this on Romney also. He supported McCain/Kennedy but now he says he is against amnesty. Are those the same phrase words McCain was using that it really is not amnesty if the criminals pay a $2,500. fine?

I would like all these candidates to be specific as to what they will physically do with the 35 million criminal immigrant invaders here now !!!

Oh, and as for Mike TaxHikeabee, I don't believe he will really be a threat to win the Republican nomination. But it still is amusing how a race for the White House can make a preacher turn into a bald faced liar.

Dianne:

"We have to watch this on Romney also. He supported McCain/Kennedy but now he says he is against amnesty."

I definitely do NOT think that Romney supported McCain/Kennedy-----Guliani did and Huckabee did, but I do not think that Romney did.

Romney was enforcing some laws against the illegals while he was in office in Massachusetts----long before this became the hot issue that it is now.

---He denied them drivers' licenses

---He denied them in-state tuition

---He gave the state police the authority to assist ICE to make arrests
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

I believe Huck and Mitt are on the same page with the illegals. They pay their fine and get a path. No, not good enough. Once we step on the employers, hard, then we have to figure out how to identify the visa-overstays.
    I want to hear somebody say they will overturn the anchor babies ruling. The original reason for this law, was for the newly freed slaves. There is no longer a reason to allow citizenship for just being born in the U.S.
    Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it. - George Bernard Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Martha
    I believe Huck and Mitt are on the same page with the illegals. They pay their fine and get a path. No, not good enough. Once we step on the employers, hard, then we have to figure out how to identify the visa-overstays.
    I want to hear somebody say they will overturn the anchor babies ruling. The original reason for this law, was for the newly freed slaves. There is no longer a reason to allow citizenship for just being born in the U.S.
    Huckabee should NOT be supported in any way---as he definitely supports amnesty.

Romney does NOT support amnesty in any way. He does not support any type of path to citizenship for the illegals----he has made that clear numerous times!!

If Ron Paul, Tancredo, or Hunter do not make it to first tier-----I will be voting for Romney.
    "We call things racism just to get attention. We reduce complicated problems to racism, not because it is racism, but because it works." --- Alfredo Gutierrez, political consultant.

Alright, perhaps I was wrong on Mitt. I hope so because I really like the guy and am happy to see his numbers coming up. I also appreciate your passion on this issue. Keep it up.
    Didn't I understand that Mitt wants to INCREASE legal immigration? That is also problematic.
    Liberty means responsibility. That is why most men dread it. - George Bernard Shaw

Watch out. Who says crooks and thieves don't get elected. Much less bad morals.

Bush was no angel, he could not hold a job, unless his Daddy got it for him.

Clinton, Kennedy had no personal morals.
    I'm "Dot" and I am LEGAL!

I agree with Bren; I'll go with Romney if Thompson (Tancredo or Hunter) don't gain traction, as Romney says he doesn't support any special pathways for illegals.

Butterbean,
    Does Huckabee support Pence's touchback scheme; I mean has Huckabee elaborated on this? I haven't heard or read much about this aspect. Thanks.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I watched Hucklebee on Fox with Chris Wallace and I'm sure that I heard Hucklebee say that when the illegals "sign up" and go home they will be allowed to signup for reentry and that this reentry wouldn't take years,but weeks or even days.If I understood him right his whole plan is a massive touchback plan that would within weeks allow the illegals back into this country with a legal status.Anybody else hear this?He'll not be getting my vote.It will be replaying at 6pm Eastern time.It's on just now as I write this!

Here is a transcript of Huckabee's appearance this am. Spread this around -- it does sound like a "touchback" scheme combined with another guest worker/amnesty program?? Someone please send this to Roy Beck. Read and let me know what you think:
    --------------------

WALLACE: Let's turn to immigration, because you put out a new immigration plan this week. You called for building...

HUCKABEE: Yes.

WALLACE: ... a border fence, for cracking down on employers, for telling illegals to go home.

But last year in an interview, you said something somewhat different. You said this, "I think that the rational approach is to find a way to give people a pathway to citizenship."

Governor, in your new plan, the only path is to go home and to get on the back of the line, which, of course, would mean years of waiting. Why the change?

HUCKABEE: Well, I don't think there's an inconsistency. When I said a pathway, I didn't say what the pathway was.

I now believe that the only thing the American people are going to accept — and, frankly, the only thing that really makes sense — is a pathway that sends people back to the starting point.

But this idea of the waiting years — no, I don't agree with that. In fact, look, if we can get a credit card application done within hours, if we can get passports done within days, if we can transact business over the Internet any place in the world within seconds, do a background check instantaneously — it's our government that has failed and is dysfunctional.

It shouldn't take years to get a work permit to come here and pick lettuce. So part of the plan that I have is that we seal the borders. You don't have amnesty and sanctuary cities. You do have a pathway that gets you back home.

But that pathway to get back here legally doesn't take years. It would take days, maybe weeks, and then people could come back in the workforce.

Let me tell you why that's important. Two reasons. Number one, the American people say, "Do something. Do it now. We don't want to have this country ignoring the illegal problem." I get it.

Secondly, I want people who are in this country to hold their heads up high. You know, right now there are a lot of people who really are here because they're trying to feed their families. I don't begrudge them that.

I say every day I thank God I'm in a country people are trying to break into, not break out of. But let's give them a means by which they can get here through the door legally, and when they're here they don't have to hide, they don't have to keep their heads down and hope nobody catches them, they have their heads held high.

Everyone living within the borders of the United States ought to do so with dignity and with a sense of pride, not a sense of fear.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,316253,00.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast