Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

is this true, the House is voting on giving illegals our ss

i recieved this from a friend. is the house really working on a bill to give our social security to illegals? i know king jorge has talked about it but i didn't think there was active legislation going on now. help!

SOCIAL SECURITY CHANGES

It does not matter if you personally like or dislike Bush. You need to sign this petition and flood his e-mail box with e-mails that tell him that, even if the House passes this bill, he needs to veto it. It is already impossible to live on Social Security alone. If the government gives benefits to 'illegal' aliens who have never contributed, where does that leave those of us who have paid into Social Security all our working lives?

As stated below, the Senate voted this week to allow 'illegal' aliens access to Social Security benefits.
    Attached is an opportunity to sign a petition that requires citizenship for eligibility to that social service.

Instructions are below. If you don't forward the petition and just stop it, we will lose all these names.

If you do not want to sign it, please just forward it to everyone you know.

Thank you!

To add your name, click on 'forward'. Address it to all of your email correspondents, add your name to the list and send it on.

When the petition hits 1,000, s end it to comment@
    whitehouse.gov

PETITION for President Bush:

Dear Mr President:
    We, the undersigned, protest the bill that the Senate voted on recently which would allow illegal aliens to access our Social Security. &nb sp;We demand that you and all Congressional representatives require citizenship as a pre-requisite for social services in the United States .

We further demand that there not be any amnesty given to illegals, NO free services, no funding, no payments to and for illegal immigrants.

We are fed up with the lack of action about this matter and are tired of paying for services to illegals.

They are trying but I believe it has been held up for a long time now...lets hope!! We did a campaign on it a while back!

"ACTION ALERT"
    Join the "Absoult Vodka" Boycott, we need activist to get the word out!!
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopic-111039-days ... asc-0.html
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS
    They are trying but I believe it has been held up for a long time now...lets hope!! We did a campaign on it a while back!

yes i remember that campaign, but this person thinks it's on the move again, but i thought it was still quiet.

I think it was recently talked about by the President or one of his cronies at some Latino event. I do not remember much more than hearing it mentioned. I will do a bit of research and see..
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

ILLEGALS should get NOTHING whatsoever, especially ANY American entitlement such as Social Security! Illegals are CRIMINALS and deserve only DEPORTATION!

whitehouse.gov

I want to sign this, but don't have anywhere near 1000 contacts. Can someone who thinks they will have close to 1000 contacts pm me with their petition so I can sign it?

Quote Originally Posted by Steph
    whitehouse.gov

I want to sign this, but don't have anywhere near 1000 contacts. Can someone who thinks they will have close to 1000 contacts pm me with their petition so I can sign it?
    copy & past the form thats here add your name and send it to family & friends.

Wait a minute here, I'm confused..are you all saying that if the illegals get our ssns, they get the money in those accts too?
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think you are referring to this Totalization Agreement. I believe it's been on Bush's desk for signature for quite some time now...

Immigration Issue Centers : Illegal Immigration

Social Security Funds for Illegal Aliens?

“Adding millions of lawbreakers to the Social Security system would be a slap in the face to our retirees. Why should we bend over backwards for those who broke our laws to work in this country while shortchanging the needs of hardworking Americans and legal immigrants who have put money into the Social Security system for decades? With Social Security in financial trouble, it is totally insane even to think about adding millions and millions of alien lawbreakers into the system. Congress must act now to pass H.R. 1631 and keep this travesty from happening."
    — Rep. Dana Rohrabacher (R-CA) [1]

With Social Security facing projections of insolvency, a Bush Administration plan would hasten that crisis by sending hundreds of millions of dollars in Social Security payments to Mexican citizens living in Mexico—including those who have worked illegally in the United States.

Under current law, an alien who worked illegally in the U.S. can only become eligible for Social Security benefits by becoming a legal U.S. resident. But officials at the State Department and Social Security Administration (SSA) are preparing a plan that would pay benefits to illegal aliens who have returned to Mexico.

The Bush Administration is negotiating an agreement with Mexico that Mexico has been seeking since the first such agreements were concluded more than twenty years ago. It would gain greater U.S. Social Security benefits for Mexicans who have worked in the United States, including those who worked illegally, and for their family members.[2] The agreement has not been signed yet, but the idea has already raised a firestorm of concern that may forestall it. If it were signed, it would be submitted to Congress, which would then have 60 days for either house to reject it, or it automatically would go into effect as an executive agreement.

A totalization agreement totals together periods of work by an individual in two countries, when calculating eligibility to receive benefits. The agreements are designed to ensure that people from one country working for years in another one do not fall through the cracks and end up ineligible for benefits in either country.

The U.S. has twenty such treaties with other counties, nearly all with European countries with economies similar to the U.S.’s and limited numbers of beneficiaries (2,084 in the case of the U.K.). The one proposed with Mexico would be dramatically different—not only because far larger numbers of people would be affected, but also because there are so many Mexicans who work illegally in the United States who might benefit from it.
    The Mexican agreement would apply to all Mexicans who worked in the United States for a minimum of six quarters (one-and-a-half years of full-time employment) but less than 40 quarters (the amount needed to qualify for Social Security benefits without an agreement). To receive benefits in the United States, the Mexicans would have to become legal residents, but that requirement would not apply if they applied for Social Security benefits from Mexico (i.e., former illegal aliens could apply for Social Security).

The annual cost to the U.S. of the 20 existing accords is about $183 million; the agreement with Mexico is expected to cost Social Security between $78 million at first, rising to $650 million—in the SSA estimate—and more likely many times that in the view of the General Accounting Office.

GAO Tells Congress a Mexican Agreement Could Impact the Trust Fund

While the Social Security Administration (SSA) estimated that an agreement with Mexico would not make a measurable impact on the Social Security trust fund if it applied to 50,000 Mexicans — the number of current Mexican SSA beneficiaries residing in Mexico — and if that number increased to 300,000 beneficiaries by 2050[3], the General Accounting Office (GAO) disagrees.

In testimony on September 11, 2003, the GAO challenged the SSA’s methodology for estimating the costs of an agreement with Mexico. The methodology failed to take into account the estimated five million illegal alien Mexican workers in the United States, Mexicans now living in Mexico who earlier worked illegally in the United States, the fact that the agreement likely would make family members living in Mexico eligible for benefits that they are not currently entitled to, and the effects of a proposed new guest worker agreement. Also, the GAO found that there was no effort to systematically study the record keeping of the Mexican authorities who would be partners in the program to assure the validity of information received from that source.

The GAO dismissed the validity of comparing the impact of an agreement with Mexico to the one with Canada, because of the disproportionate number of illegal alien workers from Mexico. It also noted, “The cost estimate also inherently assumes that the behavior of Mexican citizens would not change after a totalization agreement goes into effect. Under totalization, unauthorized workers could have an additional incentive to enter the United States to work and to maintain the appropriate documentation necessary to claim their earnings under a false identity.â€
    Last edited by Jean; 07-20-2013 at 05:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanMe
    I think you are referring to this Totalization Agreement. I believe it's been on Bush's desk for signature for quite some time now...

YES that is what i'm talking about. i thought it was on a very back burner... this is a major threat to middle class America. Is there any news of any change?
    Last edited by Jean; 08-20-2013 at 07:45 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast