Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Trust me... If able, Bush will sign the thing on his way out of office. He will not sign it until McCain is nominated.

SS and Medicare is basically bankrupt now and they want to add millions more to the dole.. absurd!!!
    "Democrats Fall in Love, Republicans Fall in Line!"

Ex-El Presidente' www.jorgeboosh.com

SS for Illegas?

For what it may be worth to this forum, I thought I'd share this information from Snopes regarding a message that's been going around saying that a list of Senators voted for giving SS to illegals.

http://www.snopes.com/politics/immigrat ... curity.asp

While I'm vehemently against such a concept (I served this country and have worked my ass off to pay into a system that may not pay it back too much longer.) I believe we can all agree that we need to be absolutely certain we have our information correct. It doesn't help our cause's credibility if we're pushing bogus information.

Let's be skeptical at first, then do some simple research (this Internet tool makes it easier than when I was in school, that's for sure) but get information from at least three credible sources that agree on the topic.
    "It is enough that the people know there was an election. The people who cast the vote decide nothing. The people who count the votes decide everything."~ Joseph Stalin

I think the Totalization Agreement with Mexico was passed back in 2005 and is waiting for Bush's signature. I think he thought it would go along well with his Comprehensive Immigration plan that flopped. But he could sign it into effect at any time.
    RIP Butterbean! We miss you and hope you are well in heaven.-- Your ALIPAC friends

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

If true, it makes sense that he would sign it on the way out of office so that he doesn't have to take the heat for it as President, not that he will though..the little weasle.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Some, not ALL, but some of the stuff I get in the mail about illegal immigration is nothing more than somebody trying to make money and get a donation. I got this letter that starts this thread. It could be true but again some will threaten you with anything to make a $.

Be careful!

I read a couple years ago that not only were illegals getting checks here , but they were also getting them in mexico . Some even quailified because their ' handicap' was not speaking english !

I will google and see what comes up .

Year Freedom of Information Act Battle...

WASHINGTON, Dec. 29 2007 /PRNewswire-USNewswire/ -- After numerous refusals over three and a half years, the Social Security Administration (SSA) has released the first known public copy of the U.S.-Mexico Social Security Totalization Agreement. The government was forced to make the disclosure in response to lawsuits filed under the Freedom of Information Act by TREA Senior Citizens League, a 1.2 million-member nonpartisan seniors advocacy group.

The Totalization Agreement could allow millions of illegal Mexican workers to draw billions of dollars from the U.S. Social Security Trust Fund.

The agreement between the U.S. and Mexico was signed in June 2004, and is awaiting President Bush's signature. Once President Bush approves the agreement, which would be done without Congressional vote, either House of Congress would have 60 days to disapprove the agreement by voting to reject it.

"The Social Security Administration itself warns that Social Security is within decades of bankruptcy -- yet, they seem to have no problem making agreements that hasten its demise," said Ralph McCutchen, Chairman of the TREA Senior Citizens League.

The U.S. currently has 21 similar agreements in effect with other nations, which are intended to eliminate dual taxation for persons who work outside their country of origin. All of the agreements are with developed nations with economies similar to that of the U.S.

For example, a worker who turns 62 after 1990 generally needs 40 calendar quarters of coverage to receive retirement benefits. Under totalization agreements, workers are allowed to combine earnings from both countries in order to qualify for benefits. The Agreement with Mexico, like other totalization agreements, would allow workers to qualify with just six quarters, or 18 months, of U.S. coverage.

But Mexico's retirement system is radically different than that of other participating countries. For example, only 40 percent of non-government workers participate in Mexico's system, whereas 96 percent of America's non- government workers do. In addition, the U.S. system is progressive, meaning lower wage earners get back much more than they put in; in Mexico, workers get back only what they put in, plus accrued interest.

"I applaud the persistent efforts of TREA Senior Citizens League to try to get documents from the U.S. Government about the U.S.-Mexico Social Security Totalization Agreement," said Rep. Walter Jones (news, bio, voting record) (R-N.C.). "The American people are finally beginning to get some of the information regarding this Agreement that they have been seeking for so long."

According to the SSA, the Social Security Trust Fund will begin paying out more than it is taking in by 2017, and will be exhausted by the year 2040.

With 1.2 million members, TREA Senior Citizens League is one of the nation's largest nonpartisan seniors groups. Visit http://www.SeniorsLeague.org for more information or to see the Totalization Agreement documents.

http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-50015.html#top

SOURCE TREA Senior Citizens League

http://news.yahoo.com/s/usnw/20061229/p ... act_battle

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12