Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Trump Doctor Wrote Health Letter in Just 5 Minutes as Limo Waited

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Trump Doctor Wrote Health Letter in Just 5 Minutes as Limo Waited

AUG 26 2016, 5:54 PM ET

Trump Doctor Wrote Health Letter in Just 5 Minutes as Limo Waited

by ANNA R. SCHECTER, CHRIS FRANCESCANI and TRACY CONNOR

Donald Trump's personal physician said he wrote a letter declaring Trump would be the healthiest president in history in just five minutes while a limo sent by the candidate waited outside his Manhattan office.

Dr. Harold Bornstein, who has been the GOP nominee's doctor for 35 years, told NBC News on Friday that he stands by his glowing assessment of the 70-year-old's physical state.

Watch NBC Nightly News with Lester Holt for the interview with Donald Trump's doctor

"His health is excellent, especially his mental health," he said in an exclusive interview at his Park Avenue office.

Dr. Harold Bornstein in his office. NBC News

Related: Trump's Physician Says His Health is 'Astonishingly Excellent'

The bill-of-health letter was written and released in December but has drawn fresh scrutiny in recent days as Trump's allies have questioned Hillary Clinton's health, despite a letter from her doctor that said she has no serious issues.

"I THINK I PICKED UP HIS KIND OF LANGUAGE AND THEN JUST INTERPRETED IT TO MY OWN."
    In his letter, Bornstein said there were no "significant medical problems" in Trump's history and that a recent examination "showed only positive results."

"If elected, Mr. Trump, I can state unequivocally, will be the healthiest individual ever elected to the presidency," Bornstein wrote.

Asked how he could justify the hyperbole, Bornstein said, "I like that sentence to be quite honest with you."

He went on to say that the Oval Office has been occupied by presidents with dementia or tumors or even men who were "paranoid" or "psychotic."

Donald Trump and his personal physician Harold Bornstein. Courtesy Harold Bornstein

Bornstein said that after he was asked to write the letter, he thought about what he would say all day but did not type it out until the last minute as a black car sent by Trump waited to collect it. He said he didn't even proofread it.

The doctor said he would not normally use such over-the-top language in a letter for a patient but he made an exception for Trump.

"I think I picked up his kind of language and then just interpreted it to my own," he said.

Bronstein — who is board-certified in internal medicine and gastroenterology — wrote that Trump's lab results were "astonishingly excellent." He said the businessman's "cardiovascular status is excellent" but also that he was taking a low dose of aspirin and a low dose of a cholesterol-busting statin.

His blood pressure was a healthy 110/65, and a PSA test used to detect prostate cancer was "very low."

"His physical strength and stamina are extraordinary," the doctor wrote.

Follow

Donald J. Trump
    @realDonaldTrump

As a presidential candidate, I have instructed my long-time doctor to issue, within two weeks, a full medical report-it will show perfection
    5:08 AM - 3 Dec 2015

Just two weeks before Bornstein's letter was made public, Trump vowed to release "a full medical report."

"It will show perfection," he promised.

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...waited-n638526
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The "Doctor" looks like a guy who pushes a cart down our alley looking for cans and bottles to recycle.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn