Like Tree8Likes

Thread: Trump said he would not rule out an effort to remove Ryan as RNC Convention Chair

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Trump said he would not rule out an effort to remove Ryan as RNC Convention Chair

First Draft May.8
    Political News, Now.
    9:21 am ET By Alexander Burns

Updated, 9:56 a.m. | Donald J. Trump said he would not rule out an effort to remove representative Paul D. Ryan as chairman of the Republican National Convention if he did not endorse Mr. Trump’s candidacy.

Mr. Trump stopped short of calling for Mr. Ryan, the speaker of the House, to step down from his convention role. But in an interview that aired Sunday on NBC’s “Meet the Press,” Mr. Trump said there could be consequences in the event that Mr. Ryan continued withholding his support.

“I will give you a very solid answer, if that happens, about one minute after that happens, O.K.?” Mr. Trump said. “There’s no reason to give it right now, but I’ll be very quick with the answer.”

Mr. Trump has shown little interest over the last few days in placating his critics inside the party, including Mr. Ryan. Mr. Ryan, a representative from Wisconsin, said on Thursday that he was not ready to endorse Mr. Trump, citing reservations about his political style and policy agenda. The two men are scheduled to meet privately in Washington next week.

But on “Meet the Press,” Mr. Trump struck a dismissive tone toward Mr. Ryan and responded with outright hostility to other Republican critics who have refused to back his campaign.

Jeb Bush, he said, was “not honorable” for breaking his promise to endorse the party’s nominee. Mitt Romney, he said, was “ungrateful” for the help Mr. Trump gave him in the 2012 election. Mr. Trump referred to Lindsey Graham, the South Carolina senator who said Friday he would never vote for Mr. Trump, as “this lightweight.”

Of Mr. Ryan, he said: “I’d like to have his support. But if he doesn’t want to support me, that’s fine, and we have to go about it.”

Asked about Mr. Trump’s remarks on the convention, Brendan Buck, a spokesman for Mr. Ryan, replied, “The speaker looks forward to meeting with Mr. Trump on Thursday.”

Other allies of Mr. Trump have gone further in criticizing Mr. Ryan for declining to issue an immediate endorsement.

Sarah Palin, the former Alaska governor, predicted in an interview on CNN’s “State of the Union” that Mr. Ryan would be “Cantored,” a reference to former Representative Eric Cantor of Virginia, who was in line to be speaker of the House before losing re-election in a Republican primary in 2014.

Find out what you need to know about the 2016 presidential race today, and get politics news updates via Facebook, Twitter and the First Draft newsletter.

http://www.nytimes.com/politics/firs...chairman/?_r=0
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Ryan has stepped in it big time.

GO TRUMP!!

RYAN'S GOTTA GO

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Speakers Ryan's first act in his new position was to pass that ridiculous omnibus spending bill. He lost all credibility with me when he did not resist that atrocious spending bill. He has so much more to prove for that blunder than Trump should have to do to get his support. The bottom line is if Trump gets in, people like Ryan aren't going to work out (they will be Cantored) unless they start doing the peoples business and not just want they want to do according to their donors, backers and personal agenda's.

Paul Nehlen: Paul Ryan ‘Sold His Vote! I Absolutely Believe That’
    Darren Hauck/Getty Images ]
    by Dan Riehl5 May 2016Washington, DC
    House Speaker Paul Ryan’s Wisconsin primary opponent Paul Nehlen tells Breitbart News Daily SiriusXM host Stephen K. Bannon today that he absolutely believes Paul Ryan “sold his vote” to support so called trade deals that Nehlen says are damaging to America.

Nehlen adds that 83 percent of Paul Ryan’s political fundraising comes from outside his Wisconsin district. “The vast majority comes in the form of large campaign donations from inside the D.C. Beltway…. He sold his vote. He sold his vote. The same people that are donating to his campaign want these open border initiatives. This isn’t a Free Trade deal.”

Asked if he genuinely believed Ryan sold his vote, “I absolutely believe that,” said Nehlen. “The FEC reports back me up. This isn’t my contention. This is a fact.” Nehlen also said, “Paul Ryan never won Janesville, by the way,” which is his hometown. Nehlen basically called Ryan a “good salesman” who says one thing to people at home, yet does another in Washington.

He directed listeners to see his latest video at DumpPaulRyan.com.

<font size="3"><strong>

Nehlen’s campaign launched its first ad, “Truth Resurrection” this morning.
    Asked why he was running, said Nehlen:
    What lit my fuse was an article that was up on Breitbart and it was up on Breitbart because Sen. Jeff Sessions had gone and read the Trans Pacific Trade Partnership and he reported it and you guys reported it. Nobody else reported on it.

And I read that as a businessman. I run businesses all around the United States, all around the globe … I’ve closed factories in Mexico and brought those jobs back to the United States. I’ve closed factories in Canada and brought those jobs back to the United States. I did this. I said to my wife, I’m going to run for Congress.
    Nehlen called Speaker Paul Ryan “a mercenary champion of this Trans-Pacific Trade Partnership,” adding “and that’s why I’m running. … I was outside Abbott Labs just a week and a half ago … 180 employees, IT workers, Americans, have been replaced by H1-B visa holders. I was there with Michelle Malkin and Sara Blackwell, an attorney out of Florida who is donating her time pro bono filing EOC complaints” on behalf of the American losing their jobs.

“The jobs aren’t going away,” said Nehlen, “they’re bringing in people to replace Americans in those jobs. And this Trans-Pacific Trade Partnership, it makes it worse. It codifies the opportunity for them to bring workers here and replace us. They won’t even have to go through the paperwork of filing H1 Visa forms.”

Nehlen claims Janesville is “deteriorating” on Ryan’s watch. “One in five people need food assistance in Janesville. There’s a 13 percent poverty rate and this is Wisconsin,” he said.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...-believe-that/
    Last edited by artist; 05-08-2016 at 04:45 PM.

That is a great ad for Nehlen. Super Cool!! Super Tough!! Super Right!!