Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Trump slams McCain for being ‘captured’ in Vietnam; Republicans quickly condemn him

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

I agree with you ALIPAC. Trump did not attack veterans. In fact he is doing plenty to draw attention to how they are being mistreated and ignored. Where has John McCain been all these years? The problems with our veterans have been going on for many years and little to nothing has been done. Trump has made this one of his central issues. Personally I think Trump shows more respect for the people who serve than his comment shows disrespect. The same people who are now holding McCain up as a ‘saint’ for political gain are the same ones that have been pointing out McCain's nasty unpredictable temper in the past. I also take offence at being considered a ‘crazy’for supporting Trump. Where is the outrage there?

Here are a few facts: https://sharylattkisson.com/fact-check-the-washington-post-on-donald-trump-and-john-mccain/
    Last edited by WingedWitch; 07-19-2015 at 12:27 AM.

MW
    The story is on the headlines of Washington Post and Drudge Report....

Wisconsin Gov. Scott Walker, campaigning in Western Iowa, denounced Trump’s remarks and said McCain is “undoubtedly an American hero.” This is a change in tune for Walker, who on Friday refused to speak ill of Trump over his immigration comments.
    “He needs to apologize to Senator McCain and all the other men and women who have worn the uniform,” Walker told reporters following a campaign stop in Sioux City. “It’s just a disgrace.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/...ed-in-vietnam/
    Okay, thanks. I missed this. With that said though, I still don't think Trump should have said anything, especially since he didn't even serve. I welcome anyone bashing McCain the politician but draw the line at attacking his military service. This certainly can't help him (Trump) with active and former military members. If he's not careful, Mr. Trump may end up being his own worst enemy in the months to come. He's already had to back-peddle on his comment. Just saying...........

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by WingedWitch View Post
    I agree with you ALIPAC. Trump did not attack veterans. In fact he is doing plenty to draw attention to how they are being mistreated and ignored. Where has John McCain been all these years? The problems with our veterans have been going on for many years and little to nothing has been done. Trump has made this one of his central issues. Personally I think Trump shows more respect for the people who serve than his comment shows disrespect. The same people who are now holding McCain up as a ‘saint’ for political gain are the same ones that have been pointing out McCain's nasty unpredictable temper in the past. I also take offence at being considered a ‘crazy’for supporting Trump. Where is the outrage there?
    I don't know if you served or not, but as a veteran who served his country faithfully and honorably for over 20 years, I see any attack on a fellow veteran's honorable service as an attack on all veterans. Perhaps my view is unique ........ I don't know. Oh, and I also don't think anyone is "holding McCain up as a saint." To me it just seems they are saying that Trump stepped over the line with the attack on McCain's military service.

I'm not defending McCain the politician because I can't think of a single Republican in the U.S. Congress that I despise more (Graham's a close second). However, I will always defend a veteran's military service when that service was honorable.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

The only lines we draw here at ALIPAC are against violence and racism. Anything beyond that is fair game and we will show zero restraint against the traitors like McCain that responsible for the overthrow of this nation and the illegal alien deaths of thousands of American citizens each year!

You can all draw whatever lines you want what you will or will not say. ALIPAC believes we have no luxury of drawing lines as our American defenses are currently being defeated, overwhelmed, and cast down.

Using such logic all the elites have to do is use military veterans to defeat you because you wont touch them because of your general support for people that served.

To hell with John McCain. He deserves hatred and scorn far beyond what trump said about him.

W
    Last edited by ALIPAC; 07-19-2015 at 07:03 PM.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I think there are many things much more important right now to attack McCain over than his military service. I'd much rather see Trump go after him for all the times he betrayed the American people by siding with obama and by supporting illegal immigration!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

It would have been much smarter Politically for Trump to attack McCain's voting record than raise an issue with his service record. McCain's statement that "Trump brought out the Crazies" & responsibility for arming ISIL will bury him, his Political clout all but gone. Good riddens.
    “In questions of power…let no more be heard of confidence in man, but bind him down from mischief by the chains of the Constitution.” –Thomas Jefferson

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Ok, all you veterans, I am not a veteran, but I lost two in Vietnam and my brother in law was a POW for nine years (the longest in US history). So, I stopped and listened to what Trump was saying and flashed back to 1973 when Jim was released. His plane had been shot down and he suffered from burns and a broken back. The Viet Cong threw him in a cell without any medical care. He tried to escape so many times that they put him in the Hanoi Hilton. He was starved and tortured and kept in isolation not speaking to another American for 5 years. Even though he was promoted to Colonel he never recovered emotionally from what he had endured. In the end he was a hero to the military but not to his family or the ones that loved him. So do I think Trump insulted McCain or Veterans? No, I think he asked a real and honest question. A question that I have asked myself many times about McCain.

Quote Originally Posted by MontereySherry View Post
    Ok, all you veterans, I am not a veteran, but I lost two in Vietnam and my brother in law was a POW for nine years (the longest in US history). So, I stopped and listened to what Trump was saying and flashed back to 1973 when Jim was released. His plane had been shot down and he suffered from burns and a broken back. The Viet Cong threw him in a cell without any medical care. He tried to escape so many times that they put him in the Hanoi Hilton. He was starved and tortured and kept in isolation not speaking to another American for 5 years. Even though he was promoted to Colonel he never recovered emotionally from what he had endured. In the end he was a hero to the military but not to his family or the ones that loved him. So do I think Trump insulted McCain or Veterans? No, I think he asked a real and honest question. A question that I have asked myself many times about McCain.
    I would only add that in the case of John McCain he's exploited his military service for more gain that anyone living today, and when you do that, it's fair game.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

the people screaming at Trump over his comments are competing Republicans and liberal newspapers!

But we are not hearing any veterans or veterans groups condemning Trump!W

W

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast