Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: Trump Thanks Putin for Expelling US Diplomats from Russia: ‘Now We Have a Smaller Pay

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Trump Thanks Putin for Expelling US Diplomats from Russia: ‘Now We Have a Smaller Pay

Trump Thanks Putin for Expelling US Diplomats from Russia: ‘Now We Have a Smaller Payroll’

By
    Melanie Arter | August 11, 2017 | 3:18 PM EDT

(CNSNews.com) - President Donald Trump said that Russian President Vladimir Putin did him a favor by expelling hundreds of U.S. diplomats and staff from Russia, saying that the decision has actually saved the U.S. taxpayers money.

“I want to thank him because we're trying to cut down on payroll, and as far as I'm concerned, I'm very thankful that he let go of a large number of people, because now we have a smaller payroll,” Trump said.

“There's no real reason for them to go back. So I greatly appreciate the fact that they've been able to cut our payroll for the United States. We'll save a lot of money,” the president said.

As CNSNews.com previously reported, Putin expelled 755 U.S. diplomats and staff last month in retaliation for new U.S. sanctions against Russia.

The U.S. had already seized two Russian facilities in New York and Maryland at the end of the Obama administration for interference in the 2016 election. It also expelled 35 Russian diplomats from the U.S. at the time.

Additionally, Russia said the United States’ use of two facilities in Russia would be suspended Aug. 1.

Trump Thanks Putin for Expelling US Diplomats from Russia: ‘Now We Have a Smaller Payroll’
    Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

If I had been Putin, I would have expelled them long ago. From past experience, many of them are CIA. Why would you allow them to remain in your country?

Putin did what Pres. Trump might not have been able to do.

Of course, then the question is, what do do with them here and what might they be doing here at home?

Why is Trump assuming such a snotty attitude? We have been slapping the Russians around ever since the collapse of the Soviet Union for no good reason. One of the reasons I voted for Trump is that he said that he would change the tone of relations with the Russians. This little backhanded remark served no purpose whatsoever.

I like the way he is treating North Korea, but it doesn't look that tough if he is treating the Russians the same way. It's not the same situation at all.

The sanctions against the Russians bundled together with those of the Iranians and North Koreans has no sound motivations at all.
    Support ALIPAC'sFIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

He may be speaking the truth, though.

Maybe it would have been hard for him to bring them out. Can you just imagine all the hoopla. The news media would have exclaimed he did it to please Russia etc.

This way the (maybe/probably) CIA gets put out and the news media didn't get any fodder for their Russianphobia.

Truly, I wish he would clean out all the embassies.

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie View Post
    He may be speaking the truth, though.

Maybe it would have been hard for him to bring them out. Can you just imagine all the hoopla. The news media would have exclaimed he did it to please Russia etc.

This way the (maybe/probably) CIA gets put out and the news media didn't get any fodder for their Russianphobia.

Truly, I wish he would clean out all the embassies.
    I see. Maybe you are right. Better, I think, to have said nothing.
    Support ALIPAC'sFIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at http://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by pkskyali View Post
    Why is Trump assuming such a snotty attitude? We have been slapping the Russians around ever since the collapse of the Soviet Union for no good reason. One of the reasons I voted for Trump is that he said that he would change the tone of relations with the Russians. This little backhanded remark served no purpose whatsoever.

I like the way he is treating North Korea, but it doesn't look that tough if he is treating the Russians the same way. It's not the same situation at all.

The sanctions against the Russians bundled together with those of the Iranians and North Koreans has no sound motivations at all.
    I agree. But the stupid Congress is responsible for this. Trump didn't want sanctions on Russia, still isn't convinced they were responsible of any meddling. Congress was wrong. Intelligence was either falsified or manipulated. A sad and dangerous situation for our country. Thank God we have Trump who knows the difference between Russia and rogue nations like Iran and North Korea. He was forced to sign the sanctions bill because Congress could over-ride it anyway. They had enough Stupid Congresscritters to do that, what would be the point of vetoing the bill especially when you approve of the sanctions on Iran and North Korea? So Trump signed it and wrote a signing statement with his objections to the bill. That's the best he could do.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

AUGUST 11, 2017 / 12:20 PM / 19 HOURS AGO

Trump says was being 'sarcastic' in thanking Putin for embassy staff cuts

James Oliphant

BEDMINSTER, NJ (Reuters) - President Donald Trump said on Friday he was being sarcastic when he thanked Russian President Vladimir Putin for saving the United States money by ordering cuts in U.S. diplomatic staff in Russia.

Asked whether he was being sarcastic, Trump told reporters:

"In order to reduce our payroll, absolutely. I think you know that," Trump said without explicitly criticizing the move.

Breaking nearly two weeks of silence on Putin's July 30 order cutting U.S. embassy and consulate staff by nearly two thirds, Trump said on Thursday:

"I'm very thankful that he let go of a large number of people because now we have a smaller payroll," adding "there's no real reason for them to go back."

Trump's remarks rekindled criticism of his kid-glove handling of Putin, especially as he has not shied away from being highly critical of members of his own party, including Attorney General Jeff Sessions and Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell.

Putin, reacting to new sanctions imposed by the U.S. Congress and reluctantly signed into law by Trump, ordered Washington to cut its diplomatic and technical staff by 755 people by Sept. 1. Many of those affected likely will be local Russian staffers.

It was also a reaction to former President Barack Obama expelling 35 Russian diplomats from the United States last December over the intelligence agency reports.

"I was just speaking to the Secretary (of State Rex Tillerson) and we're talking about coming up with an answer ... by September 1st we'll have a response," Trump said.

Congressional committees and a special counsel are investigating the conclusions of U.S. intelligence agencies that Russia interfered in the 2016 election campaign by hacking and other methods to help Trump, a Republican. They are also looking into possible collusion between the campaign and Russian officials. Moscow has repeatedly denied meddling in the election and Trump denies any campaign collusion.

During his campaign and since becoming president, Trump has consistently called for better ties with Russia, declined to criticize Putin and refused to unequivocally embrace the conclusions of the intelligence agencies.

Trump's remarks were immediately denounced by current and former U.S. officials who have served both Republican and Democratic administrations.

The remarks also raised some eyebrows in Europe.

“I would have to say in my experience (it is) one of the most bizarre things I have ever heard from any government official, not just the U.S.," Ojars Kalnins, Chairman of the Foreign Affairs Committee at the Latvian parliament, told Reuters earlier on Friday.

"Thanking another foreign leader for firing people from their embassy is unprecedented. It’s bizarre."

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-u...-idUSKBN1AR24L
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Duh.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Well, maybe nothing would have been better.

Or something to the effect that it is their right.

What did they expect when they put sanctions on Russia for no reason.

The Latvian Parliament - Wow!!!

Now when do we vote sanctions against other countries that interfere in our elections - maybe start with Israel.

Wait, didn't I hear some talk about passing a bill that you couldn't boycott Israel?

Quote Originally Posted by nntrixie View Post

Now when do we vote sanctions against other countries that interfere in our elections - maybe start with Israel.

Wait, didn't I hear some talk about passing a bill that you couldn't boycott Israel?
    That's a laugh. The US has spent more time interfering in Israel's politics than the other way around. Israel is a tiny little country. Obama once bragged that he could run the whole country from the White House.

There is a movement out there against Israel called BDS, Boycott, Divest and Sanction run by the fake ethnic front created by Islamic Terrorists operating in Israel known as Palestinians. There has been legislation advanced in the US to prevent the US from participating in it as so many countries in the EU and the EU itself have participated in.
    Last edited by pkskyali; 08-13-2017 at 01:50 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast