By Nick Sanchez | Thursday, 17 Dec 2015 11:02 AM

Donald Trump publicly insulted Glenn Beck on Twitter, claiming he was fired from Fox News and that his current venture, TheBlaze, is flagging.

The tweet came Wednesday night, right after Beck said on "The Kelly File" that he wouldn't vote for Trump, and was unsure he was any better than Hillary Clinton.

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump
.@GlennBeck got fired like a dog by #Fox. The Blaze is failing and he wanted to have me on his show. I said no - because he is irrelevant.
8:09 PM - 16 Dec 2015
2,174 2,174 Retweets 5,699 5,699 likes

About an hour after Trump tweeted, Glenn Beck responded with an animated picture of a puppy, playfully nipping at the camera.

@realDonaldTrump pic.twitter.com/jZcVfA9ovj

— Glenn Beck (@glennbeck) December 17, 2015

(sorry, do not know how to put link to video so please click on source link to view)

As The Huffington Post reported, it is unclear where the expression to be "fired like a dog" comes from, but perhaps it’s a variation on "shot like a dog." Trump is fond of the phrase, and "has previously said that Chuck Todd would be 'fired like a dog' from NBC (he wasn't), and that Erick Erickson had been 'fired like a dog' from Red State." Erickson had resigned months beforehand.

It is unclear whether Beck was fired from Fox News. When he left in 2011, he pointed out that he was allowed to do his final show live, and continues to make regular appearances on the network's primetime shows, suggesting he wasn't.

In any case, Beck clearly upset Trump by comparing him to his friend Hillary Clinton, calling him a "progressive," and bringing up his debate gaffes.

"I won't vote for Hillary Clinton and I won't vote for Donald Trump…I know people in the GOP who are like, 'look, well he is better that Hillary Clinton.' Maybe, I don't know," Beck told Megyn Kelly.

"I mean the guy last night, he didn't even know what the triad was. He didn't even know what are the missile silos and the strategic air command with missiles on the planes and our nuclear submarines. He didn't even know what that meant. He couldn't answer that question. It was bizarre. He is also a giant progressive. So I can't vote for progressive. I can't vote for Hillary, and I can't vote for him."

http://www.newsmax.com/TheWire/donal.../17/id/706207/