Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Trump vows 'insurance for everybody' in replacing Obamacare

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Trump vows 'insurance for everybody' in replacing Obamacare

Sun Jan 15, 2017 | 9:41pm EST

Trump vows 'insurance for everybody' in replacing Obamacare

U.S. President-elect Donald Trump speaks during a news conference in the lobby of Trump Tower in Manhattan, New York City, U.S., January 11, 2017. REUTERS/Lucas Jackson

U.S. President-elect Donald Trump aims to replace Obamacare with a plan that would envisage "insurance for everybody," he said in an interview with the Washington Post published on Sunday night.

Trump did not give the newspaper specifics about his proposals to replace Democratic President Barack Obama's signature health insurance law, but said the plan was nearly finished and he was ready to unveil it alongside the leaders of the Republican-controlled Congress. The Republican president-elect takes office on Friday.

"It’s very much formulated down to the final strokes.

We haven’t put it in quite yet but we’re going to be doing it soon," Trump told the Post, adding he was waiting for his nominee for health and human services secretary, Tom Price, to be confirmed.

The plan, he said, would include "lower numbers, much lower deductibles," without elaborating.

“We’re going to have insurance for everybody,” Trump said. “There was a philosophy in some circles that if you can’t pay for it, you don’t get it. That’s not going to happen with us.”

Trump was also quoted as saying in the interview that he would target pharmaceutical companies over drug pricing and insist they negotiate directly with the Medicare and Medicaid government health plans for the elderly and poor.

U.S. House Republicans won passage on Friday of a measure starting the process of dismantling the Affordable Care Act, popularly known as Obamacare, despite concerns about not having a ready replacement and the potential financial cost of repealing the law.

With the vote, Republicans began delivering on their promise to end Obamacare, also a campaign pledge of Trump, who has called the program a "disaster."

The law, which expanded health coverage to some 20 million people, has been plagued by increases in insurance premiums and deductibles and by some large insurers leaving the system.

Republicans have called Obamacare federal government overreach and have sought to undermine it in Congress and the courts since it was passed by Democratic majorities in the House and Senate in 2010.

Democrats say Obamacare has allowed growing numbers of Americans to get medical insurance and helped slow the rise in healthcare spending.

http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKBN15005C
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I'm waiting for the single most important step to reducing the cost of insurance including health insurance, the repeal of the McCarran-Ferguson Act of 1945. Do it Republicans. Make that your next bill and watch how fast the insurance industry fixes itself and reduces the cost of medical care that the insurance industry pays for.

REPEAL MCCARRAN-FERGUSON ACT of 1945 NOW!!!
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

We could save a lot of money if we could go to a pharmacy and get minor healthcare with physician assistants or Pharmacist. Now we pay a Dr.s fee and seldom see a Dr, clogs up Dr.s offices, what is the point, you don't really get healthcare just meds.? Many countries have this and they have visiting Dr,s that come in the pharmacies for more serious problems at a certain time each day. Some countries the pharmacist prescribe medicine and give out prescriptions for ear aches, tooth aches, minor infections etc. Pharmacist often know more than most of the physician assistants. Just think if your little one has an ear ache and you put off taking him to see the Dr. because of the deductible and missing work when you could just go see a pharmacist after work hours and get what you need.

We should also have doctors who go to the homes. It makes no sense in most cases to take a sick person out of their home to doctor's office with other sick people. Doctor's need to get their bags full and take their pads with them and get on the road to visit sick people in their homes. This would be the right thing to do. This is what we had when I was growing up. Dr. Gammon came to our house, he went to everyone's house. He didn't even have an office except in his home. He cured everyone that could be cured with a shot, some advice and/or a prescription.

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    We should also have doctors who go to the homes. It makes no sense in most cases to take a sick person out of their home to doctor's office with other sick people. Doctor's need to get their bags full and take their pads with them and get on the road to visit sick people in their homes. This would be the right thing to do. This is what we had when I was growing up. Dr. Gammon came to our house, he went to everyone's house. He didn't even have an office except in his home. He cured everyone that could be cured with a shot, some advice and/or a prescription.
    I understand what you're saying, however, I suspect technology has advanced a great deal since your childhood. A doctor just can't carry all the tools of his trade in a little black bag these days. Additionally, there were a lot less people to take care of during your childhood. A home visiting doctor may work in a small rural town, but it's just not logistically feasible or practical in cities.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

I think they should have tackled this by not doing the ACA at all. Especially NOT the tax penalty. Anything "comprehensive" the government does is a complete failure and costly with massive waste and abuse. All this did was add millions of people by trying to offer "all" care across the board with the majority paying nothing at all...and our premiums foot the bill.

They should have opened low cost or subsidized care at "Quick Care" type facilities. I think there were talks that Wal-Mart was going to have Quick Care at their stores some time ago but they never did it. Wal-Mart already has vision and pharmacy.

They should have done a pilot program in One State to offer this to low income people...that is where they have to go. A place where they can get well check ups, go for flu, meds, cuts, and basic care...to keep them out of the emergency rooms for the sniffles and out of the Doctor's offices. The costs charged for care should be controlled and uniform.

If that worked...then add the other States. Not meant for catastrophic illness, they went to hospitals anyway.

Then add riders from there.

They made a big mess out of this and WASTED billions of our money just to set ACA up. Most people simply just need a place to go for basic care so they end up in the ER when they should not be in the ER and that drives up our costs.

We need to end this idea that everything is handled in a "comprehensive" manner. Whether it is our health insurance, illegal immigration, trade deals, etc. It is the death of us! And should be a step by step process.
    ILLEGAL ALIENS HAVE "BROKEN" OUR IMMIGRATION SYSTEM

DO NOT REWARD THEM - DEPORT THEM ALL

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    I understand what you're saying, however, I suspect technology has advanced a great deal since your childhood. A doctor just can't carry all the tools of his trade in a little black bag these days. Additionally, there were a lot less people to take care of during your childhood. A home visiting doctor may work in a small rural town, but it's just not logistically feasible or practical in cities.
    Hmmmm ......

Thanks to Technology, Doctors Are Making House Calls Again

Oct 16 2016, 8:55 pm ET
    by Tammy Leitner, Lauren Dunn and Parminder Deo

Let's face it, being sick is a pain, and the last thing you often want to do is drag yourself out of bed to see the doctor or hang around in a waiting room hoping you're next.

What if, instead of these typical scenarios, your doctor came to you?

Now, smartphone apps are not only paving the way for your next Uber ride, but they're also putting you just a click away from your next doctor's visit. It's like the old-school house call for today's busy patients.

Meet Dr. Ed Hadley, an emergency medicine physician turned doctor-on-demand and chief medical officer for Dose Healthcare of Nashville, Tenn. The company uses a smartphone app that lets patients order a doctor right to their doorstep. Hadley wasn't sure at first whether this new way of providing health care was going to work.

Companies like Dispatch will send medical professionals to your home at the touch of a phone screen. AP

"I was somewhat skeptical but very interested, and I quickly learned that patients truly enjoy it," Hadley said. "As a provider, I get to spend time with them and answer their questions. Being in their home, you just get more of a connection."

Having a health-care provider meet you at home or work is as simple as downloading the app, entering your address and credit card information, and requesting the time you want a doctor to visit. An appointment with Dose costs a flat fee of $99. The provider can diagnose and treat you and dispense medications right at your home — even saving people time from going to the pharmacy.

On typical day, Hadley packs his medical bag, enters an address in the GPS and is off to a patient's home. The best way to describe the service is urgent primary care; think of an emergency department that focuses on illnesses that don't need immediate evaluation. This includes urinary tract infections, colds and small lacerations, and they even provide patients with IV fluids.

There are dozens of these new medical provider on-demand apps available across the country. Services like Family Health On Call in Dallas, Heal in San Francisco and Pager in New York City all offer at-home visits.

Chantelle Cook, a nurse practitioner for Family Health On Call, treats a tiny patient at her home in Dallas. NBC News

However, not all house calls are covered by insurance, and critics worry that the level of care isn't comparable to being treated at doctor's office. The services provided by these apps are impressive, but not everything can be treated at home. Major broken bones, chest pain and situations involving controlled substances for chronic pain are a no-go.

"If someone breaks their femur, they really need to go to an emergency room," said Cole Hawkins, co-founder and chief executive of Dose Healthcare. "We typically assess the patient and can wrap and stabilize for you, but if it is broken, we will refer you to an emergency room."

For Hadley, the doctor-on-demand lifestyle is another reason he decided to work for a startup.

"I can tell you that every provider who works with us wants to do this full time," he said. "they say they've never had a job like this.

"If I want to take the afternoon off and play with my dog or hang out with my wife, I'm free to do that, which also makes it really nice, because there's always a provider on call," he said.

This 21st-century version of the country doctor is something that's got appeal for patients of all ages.

"We were dubbed the Uber for doctors with the younger generation, and for the older generation, it's like we are bringing back house calls," Hawkins said.

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health...-again-n645901
    Last edited by Judy; 01-16-2017 at 12:01 PM.

MW
    Quote Originally Posted by Judy View Post
    Hmmmm ......

Thanks to Technology, Doctors Are Making House Calls Again

Oct 16 2016, 8:55 pm ET
    by Tammy Leitner, Lauren Dunn and Parminder Deo

Let's face it, being sick is a pain, and the last thing you often want to do is drag yourself out of bed to see the doctor or hang around in a waiting room hoping you're next.

What if, instead of these typical scenarios, your doctor came to you?

Now, smartphone apps are not only paving the way for your next Uber ride, but they're also putting you just a click away from your next doctor's visit. It's like the old-school house call for today's busy patients.

Meet Dr. Ed Hadley, an emergency medicine physician turned doctor-on-demand and chief medical officer for Dose Healthcare of Nashville, Tenn. The company uses a smartphone app that lets patients order a doctor right to their doorstep. Hadley wasn't sure at first whether this new way of providing health care was going to work.

Companies like Dispatch will send medical professionals to your home at the touch of a phone screen. AP

"I was somewhat skeptical but very interested, and I quickly learned that patients truly enjoy it," Hadley said. "As a provider, I get to spend time with them and answer their questions. Being in their home, you just get more of a connection."

Having a health-care provider meet you at home or work is as simple as downloading the app, entering your address and credit card information, and requesting the time you want a doctor to visit. An appointment with Dose costs a flat fee of $99. The provider can diagnose and treat you and dispense medications right at your home — even saving people time from going to the pharmacy.

On typical day, Hadley packs his medical bag, enters an address in the GPS and is off to a patient's home. The best way to describe the service is urgent primary care; think of an emergency department that focuses on illnesses that don't need immediate evaluation. This includes urinary tract infections, colds and small lacerations, and they even provide patients with IV fluids.

There are dozens of these new medical provider on-demand apps available across the country. Services like Family Health On Call in Dallas, Heal in San Francisco and Pager in New York City all offer at-home visits.

Chantelle Cook, a nurse practitioner for Family Health On Call, treats a tiny patient at her home in Dallas. NBC News

However, not all house calls are covered by insurance, and critics worry that the level of care isn't comparable to being treated at doctor's office. The services provided by these apps are impressive, but not everything can be treated at home. Major broken bones, chest pain and situations involving controlled substances for chronic pain are a no-go.

"If someone breaks their femur, they really need to go to an emergency room," said Cole Hawkins, co-founder and chief executive of Dose Healthcare. "We typically assess the patient and can wrap and stabilize for you, but if it is broken, we will refer you to an emergency room."

For Hadley, the doctor-on-demand lifestyle is another reason he decided to work for a startup.

"I can tell you that every provider who works with us wants to do this full time," he said. "they say they've never had a job like this.

"If I want to take the afternoon off and play with my dog or hang out with my wife, I'm free to do that, which also makes it really nice, because there's always a provider on call," he said.

This 21st-century version of the country doctor is something that's got appeal for patients of all ages.

"We were dubbed the Uber for doctors with the younger generation, and for the older generation, it's like we are bringing back house calls," Hawkins said.

http://www.nbcnews.com/health/health...-again-n645901
    Even your own article claims such a plan wouldn't be feasible for everyone. Furthermore, as the article states, there are also insurance concerns.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Doctors and Nurse Practitioners can see many more patients per day in an office than they can at home because they waste time driving from home to home, finding a parking place and walking up to the house and back to the car.
    NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

Quote Originally Posted by MW View Post
    Even your own article claims such a plan wouldn't be feasible for everyone. Furthermore, as the article states, there are also insurance concerns.
    LOL!! No one said it was feasible for everyone. We still need emergency rooms and hospitals, labs and complex care treatment where more than a doctor is required.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast