Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Quote Originally Posted by jamesw62
    i have no problem with being e-verified. and i can provide proof if i have to
    Neither do I mind the E-Verify .... For Ron Paul, it's what the government intends to do with the information.
    I guess it another step towards the domination of the US people living here.
    We'll find out later down the road, I guess, and then it's to late.

I do NOT trust this corrupt government!
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

MW
    Please, E-Verify the hell out of me if it means illegals will stop taking our jobs. Sometimes Ron Paul just goes to far with his selfrighteousness. Paul's not always right, regardless of what some want to believe (no one is). Ron Paul has consistently voted against E-Verify. He voted against the Pilot Program extension in 2003, has not signed the Shuler's petition to bring the SAVE Act to the floor, and now this. IMO, Ron Paul does not agree with anything that would stop employers from hiring whomever they want, nor does he seem to have an interest in going after employers who break the law (he talks the talk but doesn't walk the walk). He believes in the free flow of people and commerce across our borders. Honestly, I'm still frustrated with his position on the border fence too. He called the fence "offensive."

There are 413 U.S. Congresspersons in the U.S. House of Representatives. As corrupt as our government may be, it's still hard to believe that Paul and Dem. Filner are correct on this and everyone else is wrong. Furthermore, I believe the majority of Americans support E-Verify too.

WorriedAmerican wrote:

Neither do I mind the E-Verify .... For Ron Paul, it's what the government intends to do with the information.
    What can the government do with our Social Security Numbers that they can't already do?

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

There are 413 U.S. Congresspersons in the U.S. House of Representatives. As corrupt as our government may be, it's still hard to believe that Paul and Dem. Filner are correct on this and everyone else is wrong. Furthermore, I believe the majority of Americans support E-Verify too.
    WorriedAmerican wrote:

It's got to be about us losing our in dividual freedoms.
    It has to go against The Constitution somehow, that's his Bible and that influences his vote, every vote.

What can the government do with our Social Security Numbers that they can't already do?
    More numbers to get stolen!
    If Palestine puts down their guns, there will be peace.
    If Israel puts down their guns there will be no more Israel.
    Dick Morris

I still would rather have Ron Paul for President any day of the week than Obama or McCain. I don't give a dern what anyone thinks.

Screw the government! Screw the government! Screw the government!
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

Quote Originally Posted by agrneydgrl
    I would impagine it has something to do with the e-verifying AMERICANS also, not just immigrants. I think it should be used just for immigrants.
    Freedom21.com shows a ligitamate argument agasint e-verify the way it is written today. If it was just for immigrants it would be different. I am confused on this issue.

"The consensus at the beginning of the year was that Congress would require every employer in the country to use [E-Verify] by the end of the year. Since then, flaws in the E-Verify database and tracking system have come to light and it has become more clear that 'internal enforcement' of immigration law means tracking and databasing all Americans. ... A national E-Verify system would be used to give the federal government direct regulatory control over law-abiding Americans. Federal authorities would use it to control not just work, but housing, financial services, health care, and access to alcohol, tobacco, and firearms -- and these are just the obvious things."

Right now E-verify is used for new job applicants ONLY. If you have nothing to judge against a false document you won't find them. If you don't think they know who you are, where you are, and what you do, and what you buy, you're just not thinking. If they can find someone who hasn't paid taxes don't you think they can find you through cell phones records. Even most grocery stores have those cards to save you money. The stores track everything you buy. Remember filling out that card with all of your personal information? I'd rather they checked me to make sure my passport is for real and that I'm not an illegal or worse a terrorist.

WE don't live in the same world we did before 911. It's over. I think we do need to protect privacy but my privacy is broken everyday if someone steals my identity.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by agrneydgrl
    I would impagine it has something to do with the e-verifying AMERICANS also, not just immigrants. I think it should be used just for immigrants.
    Freedom21.com shows a ligitamate argument agasint e-verify the way it is written today. If it was just for immigrants it would be different. I am confused on this issue.

"The consensus at the beginning of the year was that Congress would require every employer in the country to use [E-Verify] by the end of the year. Since then, flaws in the E-Verify database and tracking system have come to light and it has become more clear that 'internal enforcement' of immigration law means tracking and databasing all Americans. ... A national E-Verify system would be used to give the federal government direct regulatory control over law-abiding Americans. Federal authorities would use it to control not just work, but housing, financial services, health care, and access to alcohol, tobacco, and firearms -- and these are just the obvious things."
    Although I agree with your premise, in actuality, that would be nearly impossible. Would you require it for Naturalized citizens? If not, how do we know they really are Naturalized Citizens and not using phony papers or stolen ID's? If we checked them, but not native born citizens, isn't that stating that they are indeed less of a citizen than those born here? How would we determine who to check? By the way they talk? Their clothing? Skin color? Any of the above would have the entire program tied up in court for centuries. I am afraid it needs to be all or nothing, and personally, I would prefer to be checked, knowing I have no worries, than to be denied a job because they hired an illegal.
    Proud American and wife of a wonderful LEGAL immigrant from Ireland.
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by Americanpatriot
    I still would rather have Ron Paul for President any day of the week than Obama or McCain. I don't give a dern what anyone thinks.
    I second that
    The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good people to do nothing." -Edmund Burke (1729-1797) Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

According to the latest gov info, e-verify is now 99.5% accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by CitizenJustice
    According to the latest gov info, e-verify is now 99.5% accurate.
    Do you have any links or sources for this? I could use this info in a report I am doing.

I think there's another reason why Ron Paul voted against E-Verify. He doesn't vote for anything that cost taxpayers money. But employees have always had to produce a SS number to get a job. I don't see the hardship there. It's simple and fast. For those who don't check out, and have exhausted the time to make corrections on their SS card, then that person's info should be checked out by another agency in Homeland Security to verify if the person is in the country legally, which more than likely they're not.
    RIP TinybobIdaho -- May God smile upon you in his domain forevermore.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast