Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Senior Member AmericanElizabeth's Avatar

A typical Kennedy response

Sorry guys, I had to post this here for all to see. I know I emailed him some time ago, could have been upwards to 3 months ago about this, and this is the lousy, unpersonal response I get from his office, most likely a devout intern, who could not even have taken the time to put my name on it!!!

Dear Mrs.:

Thank you for contacting me about immigration reform. This is a complex issue, with many important aspects, and it requires a comprehensive solution. 12 million undocumented workers are currently living in the United States – they’re working, paying taxes, and raising children who are U.S. citizens. They contribute to our economy, and it is time to bring them out of the shadows and end their unfair exploitation by unscrupulous employers in communities around the country.

Funds for border enforcement have increased dramatically over the years. The budget for the Border Patrol has increased from $263 million in 1990 to $1.6 billion today - a six-fold increase. Yet during this period, hundreds of thousands of undocumented immigrants have entered the U.S. each year. Our immigration system is broken, and it is clear that border enforcement alone will not fix it.

We need realistic and comprehensive solutions that will not only protect our borders, but also enable needed temporary workers to enter the country legally, and allow workers already here to earn legal status. I’m working with the White House and my colleagues in Congress to deal effectively with all aspects of the issue, and I’m optimistic that we’ll be able to develop comprehensive legislation in the near future.

By heritage and history, America is a nation of immigrants, and we must preserve this tradition. Making necessary changes in our immigration laws will ensure that immigrant families today, as in the past, can continue to live the American dream and contribute to our prosperity, our security, and our values.

Again, thank you for writing to me about this important issue.

Sincerely,
    Edward M. Kennedy
    "In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man, Brave, Hated, and Scorned. When his cause succeeds however,the timid join him, For then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

JAK
    Vote this man OUT of office!
    Please help save America for our children and grandchildren... they are counting on us. THEY DESERVE the goodness of AMERICA not to be given to those who are stealing our children's future! ... and a congress who works for THEM!
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: A typical Kennedy response

Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth
    Sorry guys, I had to post this here for all to see. I know I emailed him some time ago, could have been upwards to 3 months ago about this, and this is the lousy, unpersonal response I get from his office, most likely a devout intern, who could not even have taken the time to put my name on it!!!

Edward M. Kennedy
    DOES THIS IDIOT HAVE AN E-MAIL ADDRESS...I HAVE A FEW THINGS TO TELL HIM....WHO THE HELL...HIRED HIS STAFF TO RE-WRITE OUR IMMIGRATION LAWS......AND SECONDLY....HE JUST ABOUT COPIED THE 1986 IMMIGRATION BILL THAT SUCKED THEN AND STILL DOES
    HE HAS A HABIT OF LEAVING PEOPLE DROWNING....
    <div>If a squirrel goes up a politician's pants... You can bet...he'll come-back down hungry.....

</div>

Banned

Re: A typical Kennedy response

Quote Originally Posted by HOTCBNS
    Quote Originally Posted by AmericanElizabeth

Edward M. Kennedy
    DOES THIS IDIOT HAVE AN E-MAIL ADDRESS...I HAVE A FEW THINGS TO TELL HIM....WHO THE HELL...HIRED HIS STAFF TO RE-WRITE OUR IMMIGRATION LAWS......AND SECONDLY....HE JUST ABOUT COPIED THE 1986 IMMIGRATION BILL THAT SUCKED THEN AND STILL DOES
    HE HAS A HABIT OF LEAVING PEOPLE DROWNING....
    What on Earth makes you believe that the gin-soaked walrus will read your email? The odds that he'll put down his cocktail and leg of mutton long enough to look over the messages from the peasants - er, his constituents - is about as good as the chance that the Kopechne family will ever collect on their judgment against their daughter's killer.

You know, I used to be a liberal. But it's letters like these that remind me of a saying I respect:

A person who isn't liberal in their twenties has no heart. A person who isn't conservative in their thirties has no brain.

I really, REALLY hate this murdering scumbag. And his rapist cousins too. How come only the good Kennedys get shot?

FREE TRADE

ONE KENNEDY FOR ONE IMMIGRANT,ONE SCHUMER FOR ONE IMMIGRANT,ONE BUSH FOR ONE IMMIGRANT,ANOTHER BUSH GETS TO FIGHT THE WAR FOR ONE OF OUR BOYS,ONE CHENEY WELL YOU KNOW WHERE I AM GOING WITH THIS.

When I see so many innocent people getting killed everyday and I see Kennedy still alive and breathing it pisses off. Why is that guy still alive.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

Sorry about the last message but when I see his face I see The Enemy.

How that feeble, fat a--, drunken, slob can hoble around on his one bunion, cause he shot off the other foot, escapes me. He is one ugly B - female dog/hoe.
    <div>GOD - FAMILY - COUNTRY</div>

I'm not from his state, but I wrote him anyway. I got the exact frigid response in my email today. What a jerk.

In other words,the letter says:
    ------------------------

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast