Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

So far, I've got about 150 tomatoes on one plant and more coming on! Nothing like gardening for the body, mind and soul!

redpony353 wrote:
    IT IS EASY TO GROW YOUR OWN VEGGIES AND FRUIT. YOU JUST HAVE TO PLANT SOME SEEDS FCOL.

LETTUCE? WHY DO PEOPLE EVEN EAT LETTUCE? IT HAS NO REAL NUTRITION. THERE ARE OTHER LEAFY GREENS THAT DO SUPPLY MUCH MORE NUTRITION.

WHEN YOU MAKE A SALAD YOU CAN MIX CUT UP RAW VEGGIES WITHOUT ADDING LEAVES TO IT. HERE IS A RECIPE. CHERRY TOMATOES, CUCUMBERS, CARROTS, GARBANZO BEANS. TOP WITH SEASONED OLIVE OIL.

THIS MAKES A GREAT SALAD, AND AS YOU CAN SEE YOU DONT NEED LEAVES IN YOUR SALAD. WHY DO WE NEED LEAVES?

And this is the EVERREADY BUNNY speaking!!??

LOL. I LOVE THAT AVATAR. ESPECIALLY FOR THIS BOARD. THIS BOARD AND ITS MISSION REMIND ME OF THE EVERREADY BUNNY. JUST KEEPS GOING AND GOING.....LOL. BUT ANYWAY, YES. FROM THE EVERREADY BUNNY....WE DONT NEED LEAVES TO MAKE A SALAD. AND BTW, BUGS BUNNY WILL TELL YOU THAT CARROTS ARE THE WAY TO GO.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Lettuce harvesting for one would have been mechanized long ago if they didn't have illegal labor at cheap wages. Maybe Ag should wise up and push Congress to fund tecnology for harvesting instead of pushing Congress to give amnesty and allow illegal workers in a steady stream to fill their pockets with profits. U.S. citizens do harder work for less wages, maybe whoever he was talking to won't work for less then $1000, but plenty of citizens in this country do.

As for Ruben Navarrette Jr., his statements are borderline racist, such as this:
    "as a proud American worker -- didn't hesitate to make the demand and, in fact,he felt that earning any less would be beneath him. And we're surprised that many farmers and ranchers -- and countless other employers -- prefer to hire immigrants and rarely give those of us born in the country a second look."

I would gladly pay $5-10 a head in-exchange for mass deportation.

gofer...one year I planted 20 tomato plants at one time...I learned to stagger my crop from then on...I had tomato nightmares...it was a tomato invasion Sorry folk I feel off topic...kinda
    Never look at another flag. Remember, that behind Government, there is your country, and that you belong to her as you do belong to your own mother. Stand by her as you would stand by your own mother

Quote Originally Posted by redpony353
    redpony353 wrote:
    IT IS EASY TO GROW YOUR OWN VEGGIES AND FRUIT. YOU JUST HAVE TO PLANT SOME SEEDS FCOL.

LETTUCE? WHY DO PEOPLE EVEN EAT LETTUCE? IT HAS NO REAL NUTRITION. THERE ARE OTHER LEAFY GREENS THAT DO SUPPLY MUCH MORE NUTRITION.

WHEN YOU MAKE A SALAD YOU CAN MIX CUT UP RAW VEGGIES WITHOUT ADDING LEAVES TO IT. HERE IS A RECIPE. CHERRY TOMATOES, CUCUMBERS, CARROTS, GARBANZO BEANS. TOP WITH SEASONED OLIVE OIL.

THIS MAKES A GREAT SALAD, AND AS YOU CAN SEE YOU DONT NEED LEAVES IN YOUR SALAD. WHY DO WE NEED LEAVES?

[quote:1yk3zfpb]And this is the EVERREADY BUNNY speaking!!??

LOL. I LOVE THAT AVATAR. ESPECIALLY FOR THIS BOARD. THIS BOARD AND ITS MISSION REMIND ME OF THE EVERREADY BUNNY. JUST KEEPS GOING AND GOING.....LOL. BUT ANYWAY, YES. FROM THE EVERREADY BUNNY....WE DONT NEED LEAVES TO MAKE A SALAD. AND BTW, BUGS BUNNY WILL TELL YOU THAT CARROTS ARE THE WAY TO GO.[/quote:1yk3zfpb]

YEP! That Avatar depicts exactly what we need to keep doing!!! Going and going and going and going....
    "You tell 'em I'm coming...and hell's coming with me, you hear!?"

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

The one thousand dollars a week might sound bad but the worker would be able to support his own family and contribute taxes to help the community/state gov't,pay his own insurance,etc.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12