Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Unbelievable what is happening . . .

Ok, I am an Allied Healthcare student finishing up my clinics in a middle Tennessee location. Sorry, don't want to go into too much detail about what program, etc.

Anyway, I am in a hospital clinic in the middle of downtown. Remember, I am a student trying to learn a trade. In the department I am in, there are three hispanics that work in the department. Even as a student, they do not speak English in front of me when they discuss cases or for our next patient information. Alot of times I don't know what case I am about to do with my next patient b/c they are discussing everything and then I hear my name and 'you can take the next patient.' So I go in blind not knowing what case I am working on or what to expect. After my cases, THEY discuss it in spanish so I have no clue as to what I did right or wrong.

These are really nice people and based on what I can tell they are legal but nice or not . . . hispanics have NNOOO respect for America and it's English language. Even though they all speak English, they chose not to. And they will not change for anything even when I politely ask 'can you speak English so I can understand better??

Even when they are working with patients, they continue to speak spanish and show no concern that the patient speaks English. The main reason they get away with this is b/c this is low income, medicaid type patients living off the system and the majority are illegal hispanics that WE have to pay for. I would say 70% of our cases are non-English speaking hispanics.

One of the people updates me on the inside story about certain patients: they are illegal, they will receive welfare when they get out once they have the baby and free milk, food, car seat, etc. These people are dropping babies like nobody's business and this is just one hospital. Most of the patients I work with cannot speak English so I can't get the appropriate information from them except on their charts or if someone with them speaks English. Most of the now are 'demanding' an interpreter.

I am a student and would get nowhere if I went to my director about this and would probably get punished for creating a problem if I mentioned it.

Guys, we are in a lose lose situation if we don't get this illegal population taken care of. One of the hispanics now is trying to get her cousin here. She said it will cost her $10,000 to get him here but once he is here he would bring his mother, kids, etc.!!

This is really out of control. I contain my attitude while I am there b/c I have to in order to finish college but I don't know what my attitude will be about illegals draining us dry once I get out of school and start working. I will probably be 'if you don't speak English tough crap, you get the 'free' healthcare you get.' It is not my place to interpret your condition and you need to find someone to get us the appropriate information.

All the other clinical sites I have been to have not had this problem. I have no doubt that in the near future this hospital will go under like the rest across the country b/c U.S. legal tax paying American citizens are paying for illegals to drop babies and provide illegal criminals with healthcare.
    Once abolish the God and the government becomes the God.*** -G.K. Chesterton from the book 'The Shack' by Wm. Paul Young-

Thanks for the report, alisab. How maddening that these people willfully speak Spanish in order to keep you in the dark. And your right, with the crush of illegal aliens and their anchor babies tearing our healthcare system apart, it will get even worse before it gets any better, if any better at all.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Personally I would get a recording device and record their conversations especially about bringing their relatives here Illegally and I would send a copy to my congressman,ICE and my work supervisor !!!!
    "A Government big enough to give you everything you want,is strong enough to take everything you have"* Thomas Jefferson

SPEAKING SPANISH OR ANY OTHER LANGUATE

If one desires to lear a language, then that is fine. Hussien apparently does not realize this is an English language speaking nation. I was in Italy with the military at one time. Don't speak Italian now, did not then. I found not speaking Italalian inconvenient and frustrating but was not embarrassed in the least.
    If I moved there to live then I would learn the language. I say nail his ass to the wall for this gaff; or is it a gaff? Will the next thing he wants for to speak Farci, or Arabic? This man is a Muslim and there is not doubt about it.

I hear you, and if it wasn’t so scary, it would be just plain sad.

My daughter just graduated this past June from 4 years nursing school. She is now licensed here in Illinois, and will be starting her first job at one if the major National University medical center Hospitals here in the Chicago area. She will start in the IC unit. We are very proud of her, especially when we saw her get this job a day out of school, and even before she took her Illinois nursing certification test.

Only to find out she that she “Acedâ€
    <div>&ldquo;There is no longer any Left or Right, there is only Tyranny or Liberty &rdquo;</div>

I had a similar situation at work. The guy I worked with was from South America and he spoke English. He had control, knew the job and got the position by luck. He was supposed to teach me but kept me in the dark as much as possible. It was very frustrating. He made me feel stupid a lot of the time. But I stuck it out and held my ground. His problem was that he feared I'd take his job. They think about these things. Hang in there and don't let it get you down.

Welcome to ALIPAC DEOPRESSOLIBER--is a pleasure to have you aboard!
    "Distrust and caution are the parents of security."
    Benjamin Franklin

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by MyAmerica
    Welcome to ALIPAC DEOPRESSOLIBER--is a pleasure to have you aboard!
    Ditto on that.

In the Virgin Islands where I am from we ad a boom in the sixties then a downturn after 1972. The local newspaper had an investigative piece after a citizens group formed to force deportation of illegal aliens.
    Most of the illegals were day laborers who had either come in by cargo boat or had stayed beyond a temporary permit. One particular case though was a Doctor from another island on board the staff of the local hospital who had allowed his green card to expire by neglect.
    I support enforcement and see its lack as bad for the 3rd World as well. Remittances are now mostly spent on consumption not production assets. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Go to Radio Shack, get a hand held voice activated recorder with a clip on mic than can be placed discreetly under your jacket and place the recorder in your pocket. The next time they are discussing a patient in front of you in Spanish make sure the recorder is on. Get some recordings of this, note down the time and situation and then bring it to your supervisor.

AND NO....these are NOT nice people. They are rude and are purposefully leaving you out of the loop when it comes to discussing patients. Which could be dangerous for you as well as the patient, I might add.

I've worked around people who speak all kinds of languages and when ever two or more of them get together, most of them would never resort to say, Filipino (Tagalog, Ilocano), East Indian (Hindi or Bengali,etc.), Mandarin or Cantonese, etc., because they realize they're in the USA, working in the USA and they just have more class than that.

For some reason, Spanish speakers have no sense of courteousness toward anyone who doesn't speak Spanish and they don't believe they need to be. They are rude, arrogant and show no class in these types of situations.

If you don't want to put up with it anymore or let the "cat out of the bag" about them, then ask to be moved. But don't let this go without contacting someone in charge about what's going on even if you have to do it anonymously.
    I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies.
    ~Thomas Jefferson (1743 - 1826)

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast