Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Uncertainty Abounds for Uncommitted Louisiana GOP Delegates

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Uncertainty Abounds for Uncommitted Louisiana GOP Delegates

ELECTION 2016 FEATURED STORIES NEWS
    Uncertainty Abounds for Uncommitted Louisiana GOP Delegates

“I’m really struggling with this."

Jack Davis
    April 16, 2016 at 10:59am

Although media accounts have said Texas Sen. Ted Cruz will win the delegate hunt in Louisiana despite losing the state’s Republican primary, some of the delegates themselves say they and their support are both uncertain.

Trump narrowly won the March 5 primary over Cruz and each received 18 delegates. Sen. Marco Rubio won five. Five other delegates are reserved for state party leaders.

About two weeks ago, news reports surfaced that Cruz would get all 10 of those unbound delegates, prompting outrage from the Trump camp, which threatened a lawsuit.

The delegates themselves are trying to clarify the situation.

“I’m reading all over social media and the press that we’re going one way as a group, but that’s just not accurate,” said Luke Letlow, a Rubio delegate courted by the Cruz and Trump campaigns. “It’s left us to get the message out that we haven’t chosen a side and that we remain uncommitted.”

Letlow was joined by three other Rubio delegates in sending out an open letter that said, in part, “Any reporting of our intention to support one candidate over another before that time is simply not accurate.”

Uncommitted means uncertain for Rubio delegate Leslie Tassin Sr.

“Sometimes I wake up at four in the morning thinking about it and I just can’t go back to sleep,” Tassin told The Hill. “Half my friends say Trump, the other half say Cruz, so they’re not helping me out. Some mornings I wake up leaning one way, others I wake up leaning another.”

“These committed delegates don’t know how easy they have it,” Tassin said. “I’m really struggling with this.”

“I’ve done nothing but media interviews ever since Trump threatened to sue us,” said Louisiana Republican Party executive director Jason Dore. “I see these reports that say it’s a matter of fact that Cruz has all 10 unbound delegates and wonder if it’s even worth it to reach out to the reporters to correct them anymore.”

http://www.westernjournalism.com/unc...gop-delegates/

NO AMNESTY

Don't reward the criminal actions of millions of illegal aliens by giving them citizenship.

Sign in and post comments here.

Please support our fight against illegal immigration by joining ALIPAC's email alerts here https://eepurl.com/cktGTn

y
    “Sometimes I wake up at four in the morning thinking about it and I just can’t go back to sleep,” Tassin told The Hill. “Half my friends say Trump, the other half say Cruz, so they’re not helping me out. Some mornings I wake up leaning one way, others I wake up leaning another.”
    Let me simplify it for you and you'll start sleeping better. The voters of Louisiana said Trump. The majority of the states, the majority of the voters including those in the state of Louisiana say Trump. That's why he's the front-runner. He's the will of the people. He's the front-runner. He's the one who not only wants to fix our country, he's the only one who can fix it.

You want our country fixed don't you? You want jobs for American Workers? You want higher wages and salaries? You want our borders secured, illegal aliens deported and massive excess legal immigration curbed or paused don't you? You want to wall built to keep out drug traffickers, other criminals and illegal aliens, don't you? You want to end this free trade treason disaster and ban Muslim immigration until we figure out what is going on, don't you?

Well ... DON'T YOU?

If so, there's only one candidate for you or for any of US and that's Donald J Trump.
    A Nation Without Borders Is Not A Nation - Ronald Reagan
    Save America, Deport Congress! - Judy

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts at https://eepurl.com/cktGTn