Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

GLENN BECK IS DANM NEAR LOSING IT OVER THIS!! Its about a new voting block that will vote90%+ for progressives and put us all back to the dark ages!!!!
    Work Harder Millions on Welfare Depend on You!

Yes 93camaro, Glenn is trying to alert the nation. We need to be addressing this, and most certainly, contacting Congress.

Matthew 10:32 (New International Version)
    It is written,... Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven.
    Matthew 19:26
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

www.stoppuertoricostatehood.org

They have voted statehood down 3 times. The average salary is around $30K or less. The majority won't be paying taxes of any kind and will probably get refunds far exceeding their actual contributions....lovely...NOT
    Detect, Detain, and Deport - The 3-D method of choice!!

Thank you tiredofit.

Matthew 10:32 (New International Version)
    It is written,... Whoever acknowledges me before men, I will also acknowledge him before my Father in heaven.
    But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, With men this is impossible; but with God all things are possible.

Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Glenn said if this and amnesty pass, Republicans would lose Majority for the next 60 years!

-------------------------------------------------------

Puerto Rican statehood bill is coming to the floor next week..probably Weds or Thurs.

Here is some information ProEnglish asked me to forward on.

http://www.eagleforum.org/radio/3min/au ... -27-10.mp3

Here is a spot Phyllis Schlafly did on the bill and why it is bad bill. It is a great 3 minute commentary.

I also attached the recent Roll Call op-ed on the issue, our backgrounder, and a Puerto Rico economic backgrounder.

If you want anything else specific, please feel free to call or email me. I am going 24-7 on this bill until next Wednesday.

Jayne
    Jayne Cannava, Esq.
    Director of Government Relations
    ProEnglish
    1601 N. Kent Street, Suite 1100
    Arlington, VA 22209
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

working4change
    Action Alert
    Bookmark and Share
    Take Action Tell your Congressman to vote NO on the Puerto Rico Democracy Act (H.R. 2499) today!
    April 26, 2010

Last Tuesday, the liberal House leadership pulled the controversial D.C. House Voting Rights bill from the floor schedule, and we thank you for all of your calls and for taking action! However, just two days after they backed away from the D.C. bill, the House announced that it would move to consider an even more controversial bill that paves the way for U.S. territory Puerto Rico to become the 51st state!

Sponsored by Puerto Rican delegate Pedro Pierluisi (D), the Puerto Rico Democracy Act (H.R. 2499) - which has reared its ugly head a number of times over the past few congresses but has yet to have any success - would require Puerto Ricans to hold a national referendum to decide if they want Puerto Rico to remain a self-governing U.S. commonwealth, or become the 51st state.

The referendum would be set up as two plebiscites which would effectively deceive Puerto Ricans into voting for statehood. In the first round of votes, the Puerto Rican people would be given the choice between remaining a U.S. territory and "pursuing a different political status." If the majority votes to maintain the status quo, this bill would require that Puerto Rico vote on this same issue every eight years. If the majority votes for "different status," a second round of votes would be held where Puerto Ricans would choose either statehood or independence-the status quo of "U.S. territory" would not even be an option! In other words, the two ballots would be rigged to favor the outcome of statehood, overriding the wishes of Americans and Puerto Ricans who want to maintain the current commonwealth status.

Why we do not want Puerto Rico admitted as the 51st state:

* The U.S. would transform, overnight, into a bilingual nation. At least half of Puerto Ricans do not speak English, the language of our U.S. Constitution and founding documents. The Washington Times article, "Puerto Rican statehood," analyzes all the implications of adding a foreign language-speaking state to the Union.
    * It would bring immediate demands for massive federal spending. The average income of Puerto Ricans is less than half that of our poorest state, and infrastructure and the environment are far below American standards. Puerto Rico has a population with a median national income of $17,741, nearly a third below that for the U.S.
    * Puerto Rico is already a democracy. Despite the bill's deceptive title, Puerto Rico already has an elected government and exists as a self-governed commonwealth of the U.S.
    * Statehood would give Puerto Rico more congressional representation than 25 of our 50 states! It would inevitably give Democrats two additional U.S. Senators and 6 to 8 additional Members of the House.

H.R. 2499 is stealth legislation designed to lead to the admission of Spanish-speaking Puerto Rico as the 51st state, thereby making us a de facto bilingual nation, like Canada. The U.S. Congress should not be forcing Puerto Ricans to vote on statehood, especially since the Puerto Rican people have rejected statehood three times since 1991!

No Member of Congress who describes himself as a limited government, fiscal conservative should be casting a YEA vote for H.R. 2499, as Puerto Rican statehood would cause an immediate increase in federal expenditures, particularly for taxpayer-funded welfare state services.

Tell Congress not to override the wishes of Americans and Puerto Ricans who want to maintain the current commonwealth status of Puerto Rico by forcing a vote on rigged referenda!

TAKE ACTION!

The House will likely bring H.R. 2499 to the floor for a vote on either Wednesday or Thursday of this week. Please call and email your Representative today and tell him to vote NO on H.R. 2499 which forces a vote on rigged referenda to make Puerto Rico the 51st state!

Please concentrate on these targets* and send the indicated staffer a direct email asking them to explain why their boss is supporting this bill and stating that you want them to vote NO. Just a few emails from their own constituents would be enough to change a YES vote to a NO vote.

*Even if you think you have a solid conservative representing your district, please contact him and tell him to vote NO. H.R. 2499 has approximately 50 Republican cosponsors-they need to hear from you!

http://www.capwiz.com/eagleforum/issues ... d=14966151

Quote Originally Posted by Rebelrouser
    This should be put on a national ballot for ALL of america to vote on!!
    it should be for the people of Puerto Rico to decide for themselves

GB is reporting that the vote in the house will be tomorrow!!! He is saying that although this is a "resolution" it will force PR to vote on the issue and is a trick to get more votes....call your REPS!!! Demand they vote NO on this resolution!!

Detect, Detain, and Deport - The 3-D method of choice!!

Glenn lays it out this way as I understand it. It is a progressive trick to get more voters. The threat of being called a "racist," is involved in getting cooperation.

Puerto Rico becomes state, against the will of the people.

Washington,D.C. gets a vote, one vote for now, but the door has been opened for more in the future.

12 million illegal aliens, at least 4 million voters now. The idea is to clinch the Hispanic vote, and then controlling power goes to - Democrats.

The sad part is that some Republicans are supportive of the statehood.

Call, email, get to your representatives.

John 14:27 (King James Version)
    It is written,... Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

More information.

http://www.alipac.us/ftopicp-1050138.html#1050138

John 14:27 (King James Version)
    It is written,... Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast