Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

US Election Primary Process should be illegal...

It should not be based on money. This fixes the elections before they begin.

Anyone running should have to stay until the end. Quitting has become a strategy that is not fair. I would have voted another way, if I thought my pick was a quitter.

There should be an equal number of candidates from both parties, and both parties should follow the same rule. No Super Delegates.

If you can stand the writings of someone with a similar opinion, but coming from a left-leaning perspective, I highly recommend the book below:

http://www.michaelparenti.org/DemocracyForFew.html

The author shows how the entire system is rigged and staged to ensure that change is not only undesired, but how strong monied corporate and private interests actively work to ensure that change, real change (aka democracy) never takes hold in the US.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

They should all be given equal air time free.....and the budgets of each campaign should be limited.

Town Hall Meetings should be set up, and audience attendance should be by lottery.

Debates should be set up and attendance by lottery.

evangelinot -

I'll sign on to those ideas and add Public Financing as well.

I highly recommend the book above. He talks a lot about those and related issues.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

We do not have fair elections. The process encourages a FIX. The rich buy the candidate.

Exactly. Or.... run themselves