Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

US Rep Hooley (D-OR) response to letter on Save Act

Dear Mr. <PhredE>,

Thank you for contacting me regarding your support for immigration reform legislation. I appreciate your thoughts on this issue.

The purpose of H. R. 4088, the Secure America Through Verification and Enforcement Act, is to stop the flow of illegal immigrants into our country. The bill authorizes manpower, infrastructure and technology development to secure our borders as well as increasing the number of detention facilities. The bill also addresses the problem of employing illegal immigrants by instituting a new employee verification system and increasing the number of agents dedicated to tracking down illegal immigrants already in the United States.

While I agree with many provisions of this legislation, it fails to comprehensively address the problem of illegal immigration in this country. An immigration bill that I would support should address the issues of the importance of these workers to our economy, especially the farm economy. This legislation will address those circumstances. In Oregon, our fruit growers are often so desperate for labor that the fruit literally rots on the tree. For that reason, I cannot support this legislation at this time.

Again, thank you for your concerns. To keep updated on my activities, please visit my website at: www.house.gov/hooley and subscribe to my e-mail newsletter, or call my Salem office toll free at 1-888-4HOOLEY to receive e-mail updates on actions I have taken regarding these issues in Congress.

Sincerely,

DARLENE HOOLEY

Member of Congress
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Re: US Rep Hooley (D-OR) response to letter on Save Act

Quote Originally Posted by PhredE
    Dear Mr. <PhredE>,

Thank you for contacting me regarding your support for immigration reform legislation. I appreciate your thoughts on this issue.

The purpose of H. R. 4088, the Secure America Through Verification and Enforcement Act, is to stop the flow of illegal immigrants into our country. The bill authorizes manpower, infrastructure and technology development to secure our borders as well as increasing the number of detention facilities. The bill also addresses the problem of employing illegal immigrants by instituting a new employee verification system and increasing the number of agents dedicated to tracking down illegal immigrants already in the United States.

While I agree with many provisions of this legislation, it fails to comprehensively address the problem of illegal immigration in this country. An immigration bill that I would support should address the issues of the importance of these workers to our economy, especially the farm economy. This legislation will address those circumstances. In Oregon, our fruit growers are often so desperate for labor that the fruit literally rots on the tree. For that reason, I cannot support this legislation at this time.

Again, thank you for your concerns. To keep updated on my activities, please visit my website at: www.house.gov/hooley and subscribe to my e-mail newsletter, or call my Salem office toll free at 1-888-4HOOLEY to receive e-mail updates on actions I have taken regarding these issues in Congress.

Sincerely,

DARLENE HOOLEY

Member of Congress
    Sounds like he pretty well justified letting anyone in here to rape, steal, corrupt, intimidate, and pretty much ruin a society because, you know, farmers need some help.

Sarcasm aside...we have programs to help poor farmer dude. And when I was 13 years old I was working in the corn and soybean fields. When I was 18 I was employing people in the corn fields...all citizens. We busted our chops to say the least and not one illegal has been able to keep up with what I was able to do 20 years ago.

Pardon my 'x'd out french...they can all kiss my white butterball axxxx.
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>

ArticleIV - She's announced her retirement from Congress at the end of the year. So, we'll be able to replace her in November - hopefully, with someone better...much better.

Here's a related article I just now found on the subject -

Republicans ahead in 5th District money race
    Save a link to this article and return to it at www.savethis.comSave a link to this article and return to it at www.savethis.com
    Email a link to this articleEmail a link to this article
    Printer-friendly version of this articlePrinter-friendly version of this article
    View a list of the most popular articles on our siteView a list of the most popular articles on our site
    YouNewsTV YouNewsTV™

Story Published: Apr 15, 2008 at 4:56 PM PDT

Story Updated: Apr 15, 2008 at 4:56 PM PDT
    By Associated Press

WASHINGTON (AP) - Republicans are winning the money chase in the crowded race to replace retiring Democratic Rep. Darlene Hooley.

Republicans Mike Erickson of Lake Oswego and Kevin Mannix of Salem each collected more than $100,000 in the first three months of the year - far surpassing Democrats Steve Marks and Kurt Schrader.

Erickson, who lost to Hooley in 2006, raised $118,157 in the first quarter, according to a report filed with the Federal Election Commission. That does not include a $340,000 loan he gave to his campaign. Mannix, a former state legislator who entered the race in early March, raised $109,445.

Marks, of Turner, raised $26,783 after entering the race March 4. Schrader, a state senator from Canby, raised $26,245 and lent his campaign $30,000.

(Copyright 2008 by The Associated Press. All Rights Reserved.)

http://www.katu.com/news/local/17758484.html
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I would ask this one question of politicians like Darlene Hooley who whine that we need more agricultural workers---like Diane Feinstein with her recurrent AgJobs bills:

WHAT DID YOU DO WITH THE 25 MILLION WE GAVE YOU?
    "Men of low degree are vanity, Men of high degree are a lie. " David

Quote Originally Posted by Captainron
    I would ask this one question of politicians like Darlene Hooley who whine that we need more agricultural workers---like Diane Feinstein with her recurrent AgJobs bills:

WHAT DID YOU DO WITH THE 25 MILLION WE GAVE YOU?

First off...I said 'he' instead of 'she' My bad

I really wish our pollies would be held accountable and as sick as it sounds, if they could be found to go against the laws of the land then they should be publically stoned. Yep, it is kind of sick, but they need to be held accountable. If and only if I was in charge....grrrr!!!
    <div>"You know your country is dying when you have to make a distinction between what is moral and ethical, and what is legal." -- John De Armond</div>