Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

US Senate Approves TARP Amendment Limiting Immigrant Work

http://www.nasdaq.com/aspxcontent/NewsS ... th=2009020\ACQDJON200902061344DOWJONESDJONLINE000664.htm&&my page=newsheadlines&title=US%20Senate%20Approves%20 TARP%20Amendment%20Limiting%20Immigrant%20Work

By Patrick Yoest, Of DOW JONES NEWSWIRES

WASHINGTON -(Dow Jones)- Companies receiving funds from the Treasury Department's Troubled Asset Relief Program would see new restrictions on hiring specialized immigrant workers under an amendment added to the Senate stimulus bill Friday.

The amendment, sponsored by Sens. Bernard Sanders, I-Vt. and Charles Grassley, R-Iowa, would apply to foreign workers with H-1B visas, who are often employed in high-tech positions.

Companies receiving TARP funds wouldn't be able to hire workers on H-1B visas unless have met several conditions. The companies would have to certify that they haven't already actively recruited American workers for open positions and that they hadn't replaced American workers with workers on H-1B visas.

The hiring conditions on companies receiving TARP funds are identical to the conditions currently on companies that are "dependent" on H-1B workers.

-By Patrick Yoest, Dow Jones Newswires; 202-862-3554; patrick.yoest@ dowjones.com

Yeaaaa! Just as the illegal invasionists have made their progress with incremental little steps (though by now thats a LOT of little steps), we need to celebrate each victory.
    <div>Number*U.S. military*in S.Korea to protect their border with N.Korea: 28,000. Number*U.S. military*on 2000 mile*U.S. southern border to protect ourselves from*the war in our own backyard: 1,200 National Guard.</

Good.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Perhaps I am naive on this but how or who will be watching and making sure this happens? I mean isn't this the same problem with ALL of these companies that hire illegals. They simply say "they didn't know they were illegal." Or is this targeting more of the professional/engineering types?

other companies were supposed to have done this before now,
    and they got busted because they lied about looking for americans

It does not say anything about e-verify or illegal aliens, it only says H1B's

I want it to say American or legal workers only!
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by wilma1
    Perhaps I am naive on this but how or who will be watching and making sure this happens? I mean isn't this the same problem with ALL of these companies that hire illegals. They simply say "they didn't know they were illegal." Or is this targeting more of the professional/engineering types?
    This is for the hundreds of thousands of Americans who had well paying jobs working in the computer industry before Bush and Clinton made deals with the government of India to throw them all out of work and replace them with cheaper H-1Bs.

Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS

Americans who lost their jobs to H-1Bs are also against illegal immigration as well.

Quote Originally Posted by millere
    Quote Originally Posted by SOSADFORUS

Americans who lost their jobs to H-1Bs are also against illegal immigration as well.
    I know what I am saying is they need to clarify that jobs also will not go to illegal aliens, whom work in construction . Did they state that?
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

The companies would have to certify that they haven't already actively recruited American workers for open positions and that they hadn't replaced American workers with workers on H-1B visas.

The hiring conditions on companies receiving TARP funds are identical to the conditions currently on companies that are "dependent" on H-1B workers.

Someone help me understand this please. What good is this bill if they are only to uphold the "conditions" that currently prevail? They're already circumventing our laws and finding ways to not hire Americans as we all saw on youtube a while back. So, what good will this do? If I'm understanding this correctly, they can get away with this just as easily as they always could.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast