Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

VDARE = Feel good article

May 30, 2008

Teddy Kennedy: The Worst Of The Bad Guys
    By Joe Guzzardi

Typically, when we learn that someone has terminal cancer our thoughts and prayers go out to him.

In the case of Edward M. Kennedy, our emotions are more complicated.

Kennedy is on our minds, for sure. But although we are compassionate, how much any of us may be praying for Kennedy varies widely.

I’m taking a dispassionate view. Cancer is a scourge, an ugly way to die.

But, putting aside his cataclysmic moral failings and the murder in full public view of his two brothers, Kennedy has lived a wonderful life.

At age 76, Kennedy has already exceeded the average life span for American males. And unlike his brothers, he will die from natural causes.

Born into a family of enormous wealth and influence, Kennedy (whose estimated fortune is $10 million) has had everything handed to him—that includes his U.S. Senate seat.

Time has somewhat obscured the shady details of how Kennedy became a senator. Allow me to refresh your memory.

In 1960 when John Kennedy was elected President of the United States, he vacated his Massachusetts Senate seat.

Ted, then only 28, would not be eligible to fill his brother's position until February 22, 1962, when he would turn thirty.

Shamelessly working behind the scenes on Ted’s behalf, the President-elect asked then Massachusetts Governor Foster Furcolo to appoint Kennedy family friend Benjamin A. Smith II to fill out his term citing the authority granted under the 17th Constitutional amendment and Massachusetts law.

Completely understood by all parties was that Smith would not run for re-election.

This maneuver held the Senate seat open for Ted until he could be duly nominated in a special election held two years later. And, as he had promised, Smith did not run.

The rest, as they say, is history. Re-elected eight times, Kennedy is now the second most senior Senator.

Kennedy’s 1962 opponent Edward McCormack, then Massachusetts attorney general, spoke perhaps the most insightful line ever, still memorable today: "If your name was simply Edward Moore instead of Edward Moore Kennedy, your candidacy would be a joke."[The Ascent of Ted Kennedy, Time Magazine, January 10, 1969]

A few years further down life’s road, Kennedy’s wealth, fame and connections allowed him, infamously and unjustly, to avoid a vehicular manslaughter charge related to Mary Jo Kopechne’s tragic death. Kennedy’s plea to a lesser charge of leaving the scene of an accident resulted in a suspended sentence.

Summing up, Kennedy has had it way better than most—vast amounts of money, power and all the trappings that go with it.

I’m speaking of material things, of course. Like most readers, I would never trade places with Kennedy.

To us, Kennedy will always be the worst of the bad guys.

Of immediate concern is a question posed by VDARE.COM’s Marcus Epstein—will Kennedy make one more run at an amnesty for millions of illegal aliens from his deathbed?

Or, alternatively wonders Epstein, will one of Kennedy’s colleagues in a farewell salute and evoking his memory, rally the Senate troops around an amnesty?

I view both scenarios as possible but improbable. Whether Kennedy makes a last gasp effort or someone does it on his behalf, amnesty is doomed—conceivably for a good long time.

Given then that amnesty will inevitably fail, which politician would dare to gamble his future on it?

Without stopping to count precisely, I estimate that since President George W. Bush took office at least ten amnesties—in various forms both “comprehensiveâ€
    The difference between an immigrant and an illegal alien is the equivalent of the difference between a burglar and a houseguest. Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

I expressed a similar opinion last week.

Kennedy's departure from Congress will not be disimilar to when the house fell on the wicked witch of the west and all of the munchkins were finally freed from her evil grasp.

The Kennedy "mystique", the romanticized vision of "Camelot" wore off a long time ago and Ted Kennedy has gotten his way in Congress for so long, not because of overwhelming respect for and a desire to honor his fallen brothers, but because he is a bully and people are afraid of him.....simple as that. Nothing more, nothing less.

His colleagues know full well that he can, and will, destroy anyone and anything which angers him enough and he has used that intimidation to his full advantage for way too long.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

UT ..just ONE illegal is too many, let’s start w/the usurper & his cronies..!! ;)
    I too, wrote a brief about this last week..

[b]Great article GrandmasMad..!

[color=red]That pretty much sums up the Fat, Notorious, Corrupt, Drunken, Deceitful “Chappaquiddick Tedâ€
    No need for ‘mass roundups’, simply ENFORCE EXISTING law*& MANDATE the worker ID, ..but SEVEN amnesties? Hmm, WHO cried wolf?!

Ya Grandsmamad you need to edit the post. It's doubled.
    Join our efforts to Secure America's Borders and End Illegal Immigration by Joining ALIPAC's E-Mail Alerts network (CLICK HERE)

Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    Kennedy's departure from Congress will not be disimilar to when the house fell on the wicked witch of the west and all of the munchkins were finally freed from her evil grasp.
    yes, and you know, having a house fall on you is a terrible way to go, isnt' it?

I wouldn't wish that on anyone...

Quote Originally Posted by invadersgetout
    Quote Originally Posted by azwreath
    yes, and you know, having a house fall on you is a terrible way to go, isnt' it?

I wouldn't wish that on anyone...

Why yes, yes it is........in terms of horrible ways to go I'd put that right up there with.....oh, I don't know.....being left to drown in a sinking car maybe?