It Was A Very Bad Year

January 2, 2014 by Ben Crystal

PHOTOS.COM

If I were coming off as miserable a year as the one President Barack Obama and his Democratic accomplices endured in 2013, I suppose I might try some wild stunts to distract the increasingly unhappy electorate. Hell, if my 2013 had been as bad as Obama’s, I’d be almost desperate to turn my New Year’s frown upside-down. My own 2013 wasn’t all that bad — especially compared to the one through which Obama and his horde long-marched. Of course, I didn’t follow up an electoral victory by sticking my thumb in the eyes of 300 million people. But even if I’d taken it on the chin like Obama did throughout 2013, I doubt I would have tried to distract people from the Obamacare scandal by bringing back the other worst disaster of my tenure.
And yet, the once-respectable New York Times hit newsstands Sunday morning with a rehashing of the Benghazi tale that makes Obama’s previous fumbling of that disaster look Swiss-watch precise. According to David Kirkpatrick’s “reporting” in “A Deadly Mix in Benghazi,” the attack on the U.S. compound in Benghazi, Libya, which resulted in the Islamofascist murder of four Americans, was the result of a previously unknown YouTube video, after all.
The Times tale itself stops just short of Jayson Blair-esque journalistic fraud. In weaving his fable, Kirkpatrick proffers:
… interviews with Libyans in Benghazi who had direct knowledge of the attack there and its context, turned up no evidence that Al Qaeda or other international terrorist groups had any role in the assault.
In order to have “direct knowledge of the attack there and its context” in advance, Kirkpatrick’s sources would have been party to it. In essence, Kirkpatrick balances his case on accomplice testimony, the journalistic equivalent of: “Akbar, the Jihadi, didn’t do it; because Ahmad, the Jihadi, said so.” Kirkpatrick later claims “… on Sept. 8, a popular Islamist preacher lit the fuse by screening (The infamous YouTube video) on the ultraconservative Egyptian satellite channel El Nas” in an effort to bolster the rehashed “YouTube made them do it” claim. Perhaps his editors missed this contradictory note in the very next chapter:
“Security vacuum,” Ambassador Stevens wrote in his personal diary on Sept. 6… “Islamist ‘hit list’ in Benghazi. Me targeted on a prominent website…”
If the YouTube video (which Stevens never mentioned in his pre-attack security cables) were to blame, then how did Stevens know about the threat two days before the attackers even had a chance to see the infamous video?
The fact that The Times chose to run a “report” that contained the already-debunked YouTube nonsense, a lie that cost National Security Adviser Susan Rice her shot at the Secretary of State gig vacated by the equally dishonest Hillary Clinton, is nowhere near as interesting as the timing of the rotting “Gray Lady’s” exhumation of already-debunked talking points.
At this moment, Obama is polling only slightly more better than a transvestite Hillary 2016 volunteer singing Lady Gaga at a Northern Idaho truck stop. His declining status among the electorate can be easily traced to the absolute train wreck that is Obamacare. “A Deadly Mix in Benghazi” is a joke, but nowhere near as funny as the fact that the best distraction from Obamacare the left could conjure up is a disaster like Benghazi.
But if protecting Obama’s multimillion-dollar fraud doesn’t seem like a good enough reason forThe Times to pimp its front page, that’s because it probably isn’t. The ferocity with which the Democrats have latched onto The Times’ fictionalization of the Benghazi events belies more than their usual partisan rancor over Obamacare. Indeed, the multi-car pileup that is Obamacare will play a big role in this fall’s midterm Congressional elections. And the all-but-decided ascension of Clinton to the Democrat’s 2016 nomination will require at least as much cover as Obama and his Congressional Democrat accomplices need this year.
If Obama and the Democrats thought 2013 was a tough slog, then 2014 might as well be a climb up Mount Everest in bedroom slippers. By having The Times remind everyone of the Benghazi scandal, they’ve merely added more weight to their already-heavy pack. Good luck, Mr. President. You’re going to need it.

Filed Under: Conservative Politics, Hot Topics, Outside the Asylum

http://personalliberty.com/2014/01/0...very-bad-year/