Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Very Interesting private bill introduced 5/3 Elvira Arellano

PRIVATE bILL Does anyone no what a private bill is?

Well well they can not help 2 border patrol agents but looks like they are trying to help a whole bunch of Illegals as sneeky as possible, We may want to put on 2 cents in on this one.

72. H.R.2182 : -- Private Bill; For the relief of Elvira Arellano, Juan Carlos Arreguin, Martin Guerrero Barrios, Maria I. Benitez, Francisco J. Castro, Jaime Cruz,Martha Davalos, Herminion Davalos, Disifredo Adan Delvalle, Angel Espinoza, Veronica Lopez, Francisca Lino, Maria A. Martin, Juan Jose Mesa, Maria Natividad Loza,Blanca E. Nolte,Domenico Papaianni, Romina Perea, Juan Jose Rangel Sr., Dayron S. Rios Arenas, Araceli Contreras-Del Toro, Doris Oneida Ulloa, Bladimir I. Caballero, Arnulfo Alfaro, Consuelo and Juan Manuel Castellanos, Eliseo Pulido, Gilberto Romero, Maria Liliana Rua-Saenz, Aurelia and Tomas F. Martinez-Garcia, Flor Crisostomo; Fatuma Karuma, Stanislaw Rychtarczyk, Slobodan Radanovich, and Agustin Sanchez-Dominguez.
    Sponsor: Rep Rush, Bobby L. [IL-1] (introduced 5/3/2007) Cosponsors (None)
    Committees: House Judiciary
    Latest Major Action: 5/3/2007 Referred to House committee. Status: Referred to the House Committee on the Judiciary.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquery/R ... q+20070503
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    Another bill without text - how's about that?

Quote Originally Posted by Kate
    How about that I just found it going through my Senators site!! how sneeky can you get, looks to me like an amnesty atempt.
    Please support ALIPAC's fight to save American Jobs & Lives from illegal immigration by joining our free Activists E-Mail Alerts (CLICK HERE)

Banned
    If you search Thomas on "immigration", you'll see tons of private bills to adjust peoples' status!

If you search Thomas on "immigration", you'll see tons of private bills to adjust peoples' status!
    Yes but as high profile, hiding out in a church! I sent it to Lou Dobbs And looks like this one is moving because their was another bill for her 1557 alone this one went into committee on 5/3. but I don't know the process well enough, can it sit in there forever? does it have to go back to the house and senate to be passed?

Quite often the text of a bill is not posted on Thomas right away as the bill has to be printed first by GPO (Government Printing Office). The text should show up on Thomas sometime next week, we need to keep an eye on this.

There are a lot of these private bills introduced every session (thought I heard some promises from candidates last November they were gonna stop this practice, maybe I was dreaming ) Nevertheless, if Elvira shows up on one of these bills, wouldn't that be a "TRIGGER" for some good old fashioned American Patriot outrage on our part???

MW
    SOSADFORUS wrote:

but I don't know the process well enough, can it sit in there forever? does it have to go back to the house and senate to be passed?
    Many bill can and do die in committee. Actually more bills die in committee than actually make it to the Senate or House floor.

Honestly, I don't see how they can adjust Elvira's status. Remember, not only is she illegal, she's also a felonist. She should be in jail right now.

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing" ** Edmund Burke**

Support our FIGHT AGAINST illegal immigration & Amnesty by joining our E-mail Alerts athttps://eepurl.com/cktGTn

HR 1557 IH

110th CONGRESS

1st Session

H. R. 1557
    For the relief of Elvira Arellano.

IN THE HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

March 15, 2007
    Mr. GUTIERREZ introduced the following bill; which was referred to the Committee on the Judiciary

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A BILL
    For the relief of Elvira Arellano.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. PERMANENT RESIDENT STATUS FOR ELVIRA ARELLANO.

(a) In General- Notwithstanding any other provision of law, for purposes of the Immigration and Nationality Act, Elvira Arellano shall be eligible for issuance of an immigrant visa or for adjustment of status to that of an alien lawfully admitted for permanent residence upon filing an application for issuance of an immigrant visa under section 204 of such Act or for adjustment of status to lawful permanent resident.

(b) Adjustment of Status- If Elvira Arellano enters the United States before the filing deadline specified in subsection (c), she shall be considered to have entered and remained lawfully and shall, notwithstanding any provision of the Immigration and Nationality Act, be eligible for adjustment of status under section 245 of such Act as of the date of the enactment of this Act.

(c) Deadline for Application and Payment of Fees- Subsections (a) and (b) shall apply only if the application for issuance of an immigrant visa or the application for adjustment of status is filed with appropriate fees within 2 years after the date of the enactment of this Act.

(d) Reduction of Immigrant Visa Number- Upon the granting of an immigrant visa or permanent residence to Elvira Arellano, the Secretary of State shall instruct the proper officer to reduce by 1, during the current or next following fiscal year, the total number of immigrant visas that are made available to natives of the country of the alien's birth under section 203(a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act or, if applicable, the total number of immigrant visas that are made available to natives of the country of the alien's birth under section 202(e) of such Act.

(e) Denial of Preferential Immigration Treatment for Certain Relatives- The natural parents, brothers, and sisters of Elvira Arellano shall not, by virtue of such relationship, be accorded any right, privilege, or status under the Immigration and Nationality Act.

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    SOSADFORUS wrote:

but I don't know the process well enough, can it sit in there forever? does it have to go back to the house and senate to be passed?
    Many bill can and do die in committee. Actually more bills die in committee than actually make it to the Senate or House floor.

Honestly, I don't see how they can adjust Elvira's status. Remember, not only is she illegal, she's also a felonist. She should be in jail right now.
    By maybe sneeking it in with all these other people, of course she is the first on the list. I also thought she was a felon but if that is so why does she believe if there is an amnesty she will be in on it?

Quote Originally Posted by MW
    SOSADFORUS wrote:

Honestly, I don't see how they can adjust Elvira's status. Remember, not only is she illegal, she's also a felonist. She should be in jail right now.[/quote]

Unfortunately, that is the purpose of a private bill like this, to exempt a person from the laws that govern everyone else. Amnesty, on illegal at a time. - It wouldn't stand a chance of passing both the House and Senate as a stand alone bill, but some sneaky jerk like Gutierrez might find a way to amend it to some totally unrelated bill.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast