Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Duh

Victory for illegals in Colorado

Turns out, Governor Ritter's veto of 1313 was all a ruse, as the provisions to make it easier for illegals to get drivers' licenses were added to the DMV regulations the day before he vetoed the bill.

On June 1, 2007 Gov Ritter vetoed CO HB 1313 - a bill that would have made it easier for illegal aliens to get Colorado drivers' licenses. In doing so, he stated that it was his "...strongly-held belief that a legislative fix is not the proper remedy to this problem."

Instead, the State formally adopted on Thursday [May 31, I think, so the day before the veto] new rules specifying the types of documents that will be accepted in order to issue a driver's licence .

Illegals can now use these docs:
    - An out-of-state photo driver’s license, photo instruction permit, or photo identification card
    - Valid Employment Authorization Document, including I 766, I 688, I 688A, I 688B that is verified using SAVE.
    - For an Applicant under the age of 18, an affidavit signed by the Applicant’s parent or legal guardian
    - A Social Security Card that is verified using the SSOLV system

As we all know, fake IDs, social security cards, etc. are readily available, and some DMV employees can be bribed to accept fake IDs from illegals or might even do it without a bribe.

More detailed list and a newspaper article below
    2.3.1.2 A United States Passport bearing the full legal name of the Applicant that has not expired or that has expired within the last ten years. An Applicant who provides a United States Passport that has not expired or that has expired within the last ten years, but that does not bear the Applicant’s full legal name, must provide an additional Document from section 2.3.1, 2.3.2, 2.3.3, or 2.3.5 that does bear the Applicant’s full legal name.
    2.3.1.3 An out-of-state photo driver’s license, photo instruction permit, or photo identification card issued by a state that requires proof of Lawful Presence, Age, and Identity, and that is not expired or that has expired within the last twelve months. The list of states that meet this requirement may change from time to time as determined by the states’ various statutes, policies, and procedures. A list of states qualifying under this subsection will be maintained and published by the Department, including but not limited to on its website.
    2.3.1.4 Foreign Passport bearing a photograph of the applicant, in conjunction with a United States visa and I-94, showing class and expiration date, that establishes the Applicant’s Identity, Age, and Lawful Presence.
    2.3.1.5 A military identification card or common access card issued by the United States Department of Defense that bears a photograph of the Applicant and that is not expired. Such identification cards include active duty, retiree, national guard, and dependent identification cards.
    2.3.1.6 Certificate of Naturalization bearing the applicant’s intact photograph (taken within the previous twenty years) and impressed with the raised embossed seal of the authorizing agency. Older photographs will require an additional Identity Document from section 2.3.2.
    2.3.1.7 Certificate of Citizenship bearing the applicant’s intact photograph (taken within the previous twenty years) and impressed with the raised embossed seal of the authorizing agency. Older photographs will require an additional Identity Document from section 2.3.2.
    2.3.1.8 Valid I-551, which is a resident alien or permanent residency card that is verified using SAVE.
    2.3.1.9 Valid Employment Authorization Document, including I 766, I 688, I 688A, I 688B that is verified using SAVE.
    2.3.1.10 Valid I-94 with Refugee or Asylee status that contains an intact photograph taken within the last twenty years and that is verified using SAVE.
    2.3.2 The following Documents provide proof of an Applicant’s Identity. When providing any of the following documents, an Applicant must also provide proof of Lawful Presence by providing one of the Documents set forth in section 2.3.3.
    2.3.2.1 A Colorado License or Identification Card that has expired within the last ten years.
    2.3.2.2 A driver’s license or identification card issued by any state, including a state that does not require proof of Lawful Presence to obtain such document, that is not expired or that has expired within the last ten years.
    2.3.2.3 A valid identification document issued by the Bureau of Indian Affairs that bears a photograph taken within the last twenty years.
    2.3.2.4 A military identification card or common access card issued by the United States Department of Defense that contains a photograph of the applicant and that has expired within the previous ten years. Such identification cards include active duty, retiree, national guard, and dependent identification cards.
    2.3.2.5 A Veteran’s Administration Card that bears a photograph of the Applicant that was taken within the last twenty years.
    2.3.2.6 For an Applicant under the age of 18, an affidavit signed by the Applicant’s parent or legal guardian (the “affiantâ€
    Duh

Banned

Re: Victory for illegals in Colorado

Illegals can now use these docs:
    - An out-of-state photo driver’s license, photo instruction permit, or photo identification card
    - Valid Employment Authorization Document, including I 766, I 688, I 688A, I 688B that is verified using SAVE.
    - For an Applicant under the age of 18, an affidavit signed by the Applicant’s parent or legal guardian
    - A Social Security Card that is verified using the SSOLV system

I’m not sure and correct me if I am wrong, but any Illegal wouldnt even have any of the above documents that are valid.
    The DMV will need to do the job they are being paid to do, and not issue a permit to drive on any unstable questionable documents at all .

We in America have to wait weeks for a hand gun .

It can be amended after the above law to make any person wait a week, two weeks, or 6 months, for a drivers permit.

If the person is illegal they wont wait, if the are legal they will be glad to wait,
    what’s a few more days after what any legal immigrant has already been working for.