Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Virginia State Challenges Feds to Sue them Over Immi

Virginia Lawmaker Challenges Feds to Sue His State Over Immigration Enforcement

Published July 11, 2010
    | FoxNews.com

A Virginia lawmaker looking to enact an immigration law similar to Arizona's is challenging the Obama administration to come at his state with a lawsuit, too, saying he hopes the Justice Department has "so many targets" they can't focus.

Prince William Board of County Supervisors Chairman Corey Stewart told The Washington Post that the Obama administration's lawsuit against Arizona will probably fall flat. He claimed Arizona is on "firm footing" and encouraged other jurisdictions to follow Arizona's lead.

"I hope the Justice Department sues Virginia, as well," he told the Post. "I hope they have so many targets that they are unable to focus on Arizona."

The Justice Department filed suit against Arizona over its immigration law on Tuesday. The administration -- claiming the federal government trumps the states when it comes to immigration enforcement -- is trying to halt the law before it goes into effect at the end of July.

But several other cities and states also are looking to enact tough immigration policies. Prince William is well-known for its immigration policy requiring officers to check the immigration status of suspects in custody, but

read more...

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2010/07 ... t/#content
    ------------------------

Banned
    The best scenario would be for a number of states to enact the very same law and let the IN-justice dept pound sand.

America is already outraged that the feds would spend money going after a state that is only going to try to do the job the feds are mandated to , but refuse to do.

I want to see a state enact a law saying they will DEPORT illegals because the feds won't , The idiot nappo says they will only deport violent criminals , but the law DOES NOT SAY THAT.

The federal law says ITS ILLEGAL TO BE IN THE UNITED STATES ILLEGALLY

the way I read it they cannot make up their own rules , The law is what it is

Duplicate

Post Replies here:
    http://www.alipac.us/ftopict-205465.html